Question: What stats to aim for with iron mission, agility prio 1?

fatfockfran

Society
Freelancer
Fat Fock Fran
Hello,

I just started playing and was informed that I should focus on iron missions that give agility, since the main stats will be removed and replaced with skills in October.

So what stats are important to get as hunter, from what I understand and have been told I should focus on missions that give Agility.

Obviously as a noob I can't handle all iron missions, doing the 1k Shinkebab atm for agility, will take a look at weak mobs such as foul, merp, rippersnapper etc too and see if they offer Agility.

Any suggestions on other stats that might be good to try and get?

Regards

Fat Fock Fran

If u compare with skills, attributes are pretty useless and their "value" is mostly symbolic.
If you not sure what you want you don't need any.

If u compare with skills, attributes are pretty useless and their "value" is mostly symbolic.
If you not sure what you want you don't need any.

Ok so your saying there is no need to rush things?

I just got caught up in the iron mission craze that people seem to go through, that's why I figured that well it has to be important since everyone tries to get the stats rewards before the missions are gone.

I actually started out doing the Oro mission on Arkadia, figuring I'd have more use for the skill rewards from the arkadian missions rather than nova fragments and some basic stats.

If you are new, the reward structure on 9th October may be better than how it is now with attribute tokens that you can "implant" at a time of your own choosing.

As you are doing Oro (as am I currently) you may wish to continue with it as its final Stamina attribute reward will likely be removed.

If you are new, the reward structure on 9th October may be better than how it is now with attribute tokens that you can "implant" at a time of your own choosing.

As you are doing Oro (as am I currently) you may wish to continue with it as its final Stamina attribute reward will likely be removed.

Ok, thanks for the replies.

May be it's just me, but I do get level increases when obtaining attributes. Granted, it's mostly decoy dispenser levelups, but it would seem that attributes are not completely useless and they do count?

Of course they do: Agility's contribution to professions.

Weird forum name you picked for yourself, original poster... are you a clone, perhaps?

I'd recommend you just start with the easiest missions and not make an effort to get attributes from them. A beginner gains attributes so quickly that it's basically a waste to get the mission reward attributes, so just pick an easy mob with a skill reward you like and do the whole chain before October.

Of course they do: Agility's contribution to professions.

Weird forum name you picked for yourself, original poster... are you a clone, perhaps?

I'd recommend you just start with the easiest missions and not make an effort to get attributes from them. A beginner gains attributes so quickly that it's basically a waste to get the mission reward attributes, so just pick an easy mob with a skill reward you like and do the whole chain before October.

I am guessing your referring to my brother? Fat Fock Frank

I am not a clone, just thought it would be funny confusing people by making Fran (female ava btw)

Already managed to confuse people asking (how tha hell did u get a global on Aurli after 2 days playing)

But yeah I think you are right in your observation, I been keeping track of my attributes gain, and I get agility quite often since I am hunting, so might be better to simply try and finish the 10k shinkebab mission all together since I am on the 1k now, and if time allows it maybe try Cornun/Argo mission that seem to give good skill reward at 10k

For some reason it says a moderator has to check my post before it is approved, oh well gonna try to answer again.

Fat Fock Frank is my brother if it is him you're referring to. The reason we have similar names is to mess with people =)

And it seems you are right about the attributes, during a 100 ped hunt I got 4-5 points of agility (trying to get 1 point of agility from Shinkebab 1k mission) so I'll follow your suggestion and aim at skills not attributes.

Thanks for all the feedback all!

Regards

Fat Fock Fran

Last edited:
Once you hit 50 or so in a stat it will not rise very fast at all. In the old days you would want to skill up stats naturally to maybe 60-70. At that point the stat rewards are worth hundreds of hours of playing time.

At this point for you the stat rewards are really meaningless. Their impact is negligible and you don't have the time to get your stats to a point where a +1 would be worthwhile.

Ignore iron missions, hunt MU. If there happens to be an iron mission for a mob you want to kill anyway definitely pick it up. Otherwise who cares.

Hi Mega, what do you think about the Riptor and Nusul missions. Those were made in accordance with the August update and mission guidelines... Now MA has decided to improve the guide lines around the rewards, do you think those IFN will get better?
What made you think the stamina reward for Oro will be removed?
What other IFN stamina rewards do you think will be removed?

I value your opinion. I guess we should make our own judgements as long as we are being kept in the dark :tongue2:

Hi Mega, what do you think about the Riptor and Nusul missions. Those were made in accordance with the August update and mission guidelines... Now MA has decided to improve the guide lines around the rewards, do you think those IFN will get better?
What made you think the stamina reward for Oro will be removed?
What other IFN stamina rewards do you think will be removed?

I value your opinion. I guess we should make our own judgements as long as we are being kept in the dark :tongue2:

I'm not familiar with the Riptor and Nusul missions I'm afraid. I've completed 475 kills on the following:
Madana, Oweko, Kiana, Otorugi, Kadra and Beladoth (in increasing HP order) to gain the attribute reward. Loot being less than stellar has made me decide to abandon for the time being the higher hp mobs.

I'm not sure the IFN rewards will be better, but I think the plan is to standardise rewards across all planets (which is a good thing). We will have to see how generous MA are with the attribute tokens following the revamp, but I am happy with the rewards as they are so will complete what I can now. My reasoning is if the reward structure is good in October I can continue doing them, if not then I can ignore them.

It's not certain that stamina will be removed from low hp mobs like Daikiba, Ripper, Oro but its possible, or if it is kept, the reward may not equal "a full point" of stamina as it is now.

Obviously its guesswork based on posts I have read and the way the newer missions are structured, it may be that Mindark havent fully decided upon its final structure and coded and tested how these non-tradeable attribute tokens work.

Back