What to choose, Longtooth 1K reward...hmmmm

27 ped Athletics, or 7 ped Ath+100 Stamima Tokens?

• Go All Athletics

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Take the Stamina option

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fade

Stalker
Society
Masters of Chaos Chat
Caldonicus Fade Lore
I'm considering either the (something like) 27 ped Athletics, or 7 ped Athletics and 100 stamina tokens.

The theory from an uber, I've heard is to go for stam, since it is so hard to get, but to not use it until much later (maybe years?) when HP is hardly ever going up anymore.

I'm currently around 152 HP... it's going up a bit now, after several unlocks. I'm around 27 or 28 evade...

I'd really like the evade and dodge bump that 27 ped of Athletics would give....but that stam...hmmm

What do you guys think?

Id use the stamina tokens now.

Why?

Its not like other skills, where you are constantly accruing the points. So using them now or later will make little difference overall. You will get more right now, but you'll get the same effect later, just with reduced satisfaction.

The uber is likely telling you to use the stam tokens later to keep the feeling of progress. There are other feelings you can chase. Some people play more by the numbers than others.

The question is what does Stamina actually do to help your gameplay?

I took the Athletics :p

Cause let's face it... I'll never be uber :p

:lolup::lolup:

Stamina will give you a fraction of a health point (to be precise, 9.25 stamina will increase your health by 1) and that is all for now. Other than that it gives you bragging rights, and there's a remote chance it will at some point do more.

I've been considering the recent addition of the berserker helmets (that make you shoot faster but regen less) and how that development affects the possibility of my stamina regen proposal from a year ago being implemented. I'd say it's neutral to positive. That they are doing anything that affects regen means they haven't completely forgotten it, plus with the current anemic regen rates the tradeoff of losing it for 5% higher attack rate hardly seems like a balanced trade, so maybe they will implement a change to regen eventually, and maybe it will be based on stamina.

I always take stamina when it's offered but it's not necessarily the sensible option.

Stamina is a tiny boost and if you take it then you may as well take it now as you can't skill up fast through low amounts.

I'd take all athletic. In 5 years time you might regret not taking stamina, but in 5 years time you'll have had 5 years play with additional athletics.

I'd take the Stamina, it's the only way to increase it, skill chips can be bought from auction.

Whilst it doesn't appear to do anything now, Strength didn't use to increase your carrying capacity until a couple of years ago so it may have a future use.

even now at 260 hp and 26 stamina i would always take the athletics

Stamina all the time. Athletics you can always chip in if you wanted. Attributes you can not; especially the ones that give HP increases.

~Danimal

When I did my mission I took the 30 PED of medic skills. The UR125 fap is a game changing fap and therefore it was important at the time to get to that level for me. That being said... the med skills are now down to what.... 3 PED worth? Pffft... I'd take the stamina at this point I think. Simply cuz the skill rewards for the amount of HP you have to shoot through is a freakin' JOKE!

Menace

There's plenty of other missions which will give you Stamina tokens later if you so wish to gain it. For example, someone did the mang chang's on cyrene and got something like 12 pts stamina (I forget the actual numbers).

Wiser to make your avatar have more evade and hp, whilst you are still lesser in skill.

My advice is none of them, because I finished this mission when it was still 80 PED of athletics and I still wish I hadn't done it. It's not worth losing 3K PED for 80 PED of skill, much less 27.

Unless you've already finished it, in which case I'd be interested to know your return.

Thanks for all the sagacious advice on this matter.

I went for the Athletics, because I think the time at which the stamina would make a difference is yet many years away for me.

Yes, it was expensive. I think I'm down about 4K ped, after doing that mission, and being about 1/3 the way through the 3k point mission. It's not worth it if you lose, but it might be if you are one of the few winners. Risk is the name of the game. We must accept that, win or lose. Of course.. I enjoy things much more if I'm the winner.

As it is, I'll still have to deposit about $300 to ransom my dear friends Sally and Vickie from Neverdie's detention center in PA. To those who had nice hofs paid for by my money. You are welcome ;)

Skill gains have been quite nice along the way as well. But I still have to stop myself and realize.. how much I'm spending to grind away. Clearly, I will only allow this to be a seasonal thing. Right now, I'm not sure if I want to finish the 3k mission...because I am at my limit of how much I can keep depositing with a clear conscience.

In the mean time.. the extra evade level is nice.

Back