Help: What to "project" on?

Dazza

Provider
Society
Emperor's of Darkness
Azaris Dazza Nerosa
Hey all - Just looking for the communities opinion on the topic ;)

From the start - Recently I have started playing a fair bit more economically, and have been striving to boost my dmg/pec, and have found my setup - now what to use it on?

I want to camp a mob, be in it for the long run. Here is what I have thought of..

Equipment
- Breer P3a (L)
- Omegaton A102 - 7dmg, 1 ammo
This is at 4.27dmg/pec
- Vivo T1 (out of combat healing)
- FAP-50 (just in case the occasional crit/mob gang up, but will not be used otherwise)
- Sollomate Opalo (tagger/finisher - can pull out low aggro mobs one at a time instead of running up and dragging them all onto me)
- OJs!!!!!!!!

Mob (Maturity-Location)
This is where I need your help! If you could please help me decide which of these I should hunt, or if there is something thats not there! (Please dont go saying araneatrox... I tried :D :D j/k, but obviously killable things)

- Merp - (young-old - North of Jason Centre)
- Caudatergus - (young-mature - North of Jason Centre, might need another place that is only cauda, without the merp interfering)
- Snarksnot - (young-provider - North East of Atlas Island North)
- Cornundacauda - (mature-provider - East of Fort Ares)
- Faucervix - (young-provider - Either South of PA or East of East Scylla)
- Exarosaur - (provider-stalker - North of Sakura)
- Daikiba - (Old-Alpha - Need a place for these, with this maturity)
- Tripudion - (young-old - North West of Jason Centre)
- Snarg - (young-mature - Need a place for these)
- Foul - (young-scout/gatherer - Maybe TI)
- Berycled - (young-provider, odd guardian around - North of Fort Zeus)

Goals

Yes, this will end up as Project "Mob Name". My goal is simple. No matter how good or bad the loot, I will burn through 4 or 5 full TT Breer P3a(L)'s and until then, the loot will only impact if I continue hunting that day or if I call it quits for the day.

Obviously, Im aiming for a nice HoF or an ex. rare item, but I will continue if I hit any of those. Eg. Merp on first day I hit angel, Ill keep them till the end and continue hunting - should I be break even at the end not including the ex rare item, I will keep it - If I am in the negative, Ill be selling it and withdrawing funds (if worth over 200USD) and donating that to the Victorian BushFire Appeal.

So that leads to my goal - If I am to profit a good amount, 10% will be left for me, and the rest goes to the people who have had their lives destroyed in the Victorian Fires. I will need to learn how withdrawls work to do it, but hopefully it helps. (btw, to people who think I should just give RL money, I've already made donations to the Telethon appeal, and am going to Coles (supermarket) today because all profits go to the Victorians too, so please dont diss my choice for an ingame way to get some more money for them)

Well, could you all please chip in your advice on what to hunt, that will work out the best with my setup, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards

Dazz.

Foul and Molisk is nice as they drop high markup stuff regularly(600-800%)

Advice about Foul is that they are very uneven in their loot, so don't expect a ~ return on a small hunt.

Another important thing is - don't expect to profit while doing this. I'm not saying you won't, just that you should not expect to :)

Try to have more than one are to go to eg. if loot really feels bad or lag is heavy in one area, try another one.

Foul and Molisk is nice as they drop high markup stuff regularly(600-800%)

Advice about Foul is that they are very uneven in their loot, so don't expect a ~ return on a small hunt.

Another important thing is - don't expect to profit while doing this. I'm not saying you won't, just that you should not expect to :)

Try to have more than one are to go to eg. if loot really feels bad or lag is heavy in one area, try another one.

I was thinking Molisk, but would be a bit more healing necessary in combat, my evade isn't too hot shot. Only at 1000 points or so in evade, and Molisk hit pretty hard when they do. The reason I went with low maturity is because I don't wear armour :)

Im not expecting to profit, expecting to pay-for-play. But would be nice to profit, and be able to help out some people by doing so :)

As for the areas, going to have a look for a few more locations now, thanks for the tip. Have been testing the waters with merp/cauda north of jason, and have had a good luck period and bad luck period, so during the latter, can go to another location, thanks :)

Best of luck Lo. :)

Last edited:
berry seems to be looting realy well lately.
I know some people that hunt them with ok results, and they are not as eco as you will be.
They dont drop that fancy items but could be an interesting project.

berry seems to be looting realy well lately.
I know some people that hunt them with ok results, and they are not as eco as you will be.
They dont drop that fancy items but could be an interesting project.

Will keep that under consideration, they seem to generally be nice to me too, so may well be worth it :)

Another idea I just got from your reply - would it be a good idea to maybe use a P3a (L) / mob? So me using 5 P3a (L)'s, I could use one on foul, one on bery, one on cauda etc. etc.

Opinions? :)

Best of luck :)

mollisk have some regen... might affect things somewhat

merp are great skill wise... but loot wise, not so much

I reccomend snark... good skill wise, and have a fairly decent likelyhood of a decent oil drop

a newer player in my soc (not so new anymore) camped snark alot and got 2 loots worth a total of 5k off them.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DECIDE, WEAR ARMOUR ( whichever one protects against the thing your hunting) Unless you have a mod-fap, decay on an appropriate armour will be cheaper than healing.

camping does work if u do not get a golbal within 3 days of camping then do not try that mob again unless u feal lucky trust me did it to kerbos 3rd day golbal
GL hope i see a HOF LOL

mollisk have some regen... might affect things somewhat

merp are great skill wise... but loot wise, not so much

I reccomend snark... good skill wise, and have a fairly decent likelyhood of a decent oil drop

a newer player in my soc (not so new anymore) camped snark alot and got 2 loots worth a total of 5k off them.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DECIDE, WEAR ARMOUR ( whichever one protects against the thing your hunting) Unless you have a mod-fap, decay on an appropriate armour will be cheaper than healing.

So far one vote for snark and one vote for bery :) Both easy to get to, and not too hard to kill :)

The reason I dont wear armour is because it is an expense I really dont need - Ill have the mob down before it hits me 2 or 3 times, and I can sit and regen that in about 30 seconds, so thats no probs. Unless I use bodyguard armour, cheap and somewhat effective :)

Thanks for the advice, definitely helps me shape how this will go :)

camping does work if u do not get a golbal within 3 days of camping then do not try that mob again unless u feal lucky trust me did it to kerbos 3rd day golbal
GL hope i see a HOF LOL

I have issues with my luck-ometer. I always think that solo hof is around the corner, never there 100ped or 200ped later lol

Ill try that though, if the mob is being nice the first few days, Ill stick with it, if not, Ill wipe out its very existance :p

Thanks for the luck, gonna need it hehe :)

Another idea I just got from your reply - would it be a good idea to maybe use a P3a (L) / mob? So me using 5 P3a (L)'s, I could use one on foul, one on bery, one on cauda etc. etc.

Opinions? :)

I think that for it to be a proper project of some kind you should stick to one mob, one P3 is not that long time :D

but in the end it is all up to you, dont spoil the fun with getting stuck with a booring mob.

The decision has been made - Snarksnot..
The location - North-East of Atlas
Amount per run - 5k Light, 500 Medium (cells)

TT of items will be recorded per run, no repairs will be made until everything is dead that CAN be repaired, or until the gun dies, whichever comes first.

I will post it in this format -

Run #

Ammo taken

Location Coords
Items...
Items...

Total loot (TT)
Total loot (overall collection from all hunts - no loot will be sold until the end of the project)
Total loot (market)

The results will be kept on this page, not going to clog up EF with another thread...

So here begins Project Snarksnot!!

Run 1!!

Run 1
Vivo t1 - 6.07/9.00

5000 light rounds - 50.00
500 medium rounds - 5.00

Place - 124, 178
- suspended 10:22 Tuesday 17 February
- resumed 9.35 Wednesday 18 February
- suspended 10.35 Wednesday 18 February
- resumed 8.53 Wednesday 18 February
- suspended 10.15 Wednesday 18 February
- resumed 9.10 Thursday 19 February
- suspended 9.58 Thursday 19 February

Interesting trend - 30+ ped loot in a row, 10ped each, with snarks in a straight line from south to north within 1 min

Loot bug has been fixed

Breer p3a (L) - 5.43/48.90
Omegaton A102 - 0.74/25.00
Opalo - 3.51/3.80
Vivo t1 - 2.41/9.00

Total loot (TT) - 42.59
Total loot (collected from all hunts [TT]) - 42.59
Total loot (Markup) - Cant log into My Item List on entropia, conservatively estimating, 45.

Run 2

Run 2
Vivo t1 - 8.45/9.00

200 medium rounds - 2.00

Place - 124, 178

Went on a team hunt with a mate of mine, ended up straying into cauda's, then from there to faux, and bumped into trox/feff land

Globalled 94PED on a trox mature (Team name - Dirch & Dazz bak @ it) - got 35.10 eye oil, 1.60 ammo, 0.55 animal hide, total loot = 37.25PED

Breer p3a (L) - 41.54/48.90
Omegaton A102 - 0.74/25.00
Opalo - 3.46/3.80
Vivo t1 - 7.23/9.00

Total loot (TT) - 58.83 + 13.60 from ped card (forgot after sold ammo :p) = 72.40
Total loot (collected from all hunts [TT]) - Will not be doing this, cant depo and cant afford to keep it on me lol
Total loot (Markup) - 60.67 + 13.60 = 74.27

edit - forgot ped card :p

Globalled 94PED on a trox mature
That's the way it goes. You camp out on a mob and get poor loot and then when you attack a totally random mob you get a global! lol

Run 3

Run 3 - Combibo
Vivo t1 - 5.48/9.00

100 medium rounds - 1.00

Place - North of Troy

Globalled 106PED on an Armax Cow Old

That's the way it goes. You camp out on a mob and get poor loot and then when you attack a totally random mob you get a global! lol

Umm, well... This armax and the bull aggroed on me, and I thought should kill em. Glad I did! :D

Further hunt tests will be postponed, I will attempt to participate in the WoF... Lol

Breer p3a (L) - 40.27/48.90
Omegaton A102 - 16.63/25.00
Opalo - 3.45/3.80
Vivo t1 - 4.77/9.00

Total loot (TT) - 153.33
Total loot (Markup) - 162.54

Global #1 - Team Atrox Mature 96PED

Global #2 - Solo Armax Cow Old 106PED

Last edited:
Back