What tools are allowed?

e3sector

I have read the terms and it said something like tools which give you an unfair advantage are not allowed, at MA's discretion. This is very vague.

I am guessing automated input and manipulating game files is not allowed, but what exactly is? Is anything that does not do either of these things allowed?

I would be interested to make something like a calculator/analysis tool which shows me calculations and charts about various stats(eg trading or combat), is this allowed if I manually put in all the data myself(not using some type of script which pulls it from the game)? I have seen various fan made tools which actually use screenshot data or chat logs so I presume something where I type all the data myself is allowed? But it would give "an advantage" over players who do not have these tools. What point exactly does it become "an unfair advantage"?

I have heard of some players being banned for certain tools but I can't find out what exactly. So some real case examples of what is allowed and what is not, and some general guidelines will be helpful to me. I would like to make a tool to help but I don't want to break any rules, I don't even want to be anywhere near close to the line where I could possibly be accused of doing something wrong.

Me2

I am curious about this as well :confused:

I think what they mean is that you're not allowed to use bots, speed hacks, or any other dirty cheats. How ever, I don't think they'd frown upon you for using data collection to make charts and what not. Also, most modern gaming devices, keyboards and mice today has so many features. I personally use a Corsair K95 and Corsair K65 keyboard and mouse. I have setup button 5 on my mouse to switch from my gun to my fap, heal me once and then switch back to my gun, all in one click. I would be surprised if MA has anything against that.

you don't gain any ingame advantage from data mining auction data and MU so i imagine thats fine, but if this software was then able to list items while you wasn't there, you would cross that line.

I see it like e-lite. Collecting data via screenshot and chat is ok. Interacting with the game not.

Some time ago i was thinking about creating a tool similar to this wowhead tool.
But i have almost no knowledge about gui programming and absolute no clue about creating secure web stuff.

I see it like e-lite. Collecting data via screenshot and chat is ok. Interacting with the game not.

Some time ago i was thinking about creating a tool similar to this wowhead tool.
But i have almost no knowledge about gui programming and absolute no clue about creating secure web stuff.

there use to be a website called entropia backpack (or something) you would copy & paste your inventory from your account page and it would give a list with MU's and such. is this the kinda thing? its much missed

I think you talk about entropia-bay, i miss that one too...

What i mean is somthing completly different.
A tool to help collect almost any kind of data from the game.
- location of shops, outposts, mobs, resources
- auction data
- density of red/green dots of current pos
- read item stats/deeds
- decay test
- loot of mobs

This collected data would be put into a local database.
With a second tool you can view that stuff in a similar way like entropedia.
- armor adviser
- weapon adviser
- L item chooser/adviser based on the auction data

With a third tool you can share parts/all of you database with others

But i am just a embedded developer and have almost no experience of gui stuff and no experience of web stuff.
Furthermore there are the factors time and mood. :dodge:

Edit:
Another feature of the "view" tool:
- hide/ignore old/outdated data
- hide/ignore (false?) data of certain persons

Back