daeMOn72

Young
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
daeMOn daeMOn Hellback
Just looted one and checked current markup :
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:scratch2:
Why does ppl play with prices like this ?

market manipulation is alot easier now with the ingame market graph.

Probably just to show how easy it is to manipulate the market prices. But oh, look! EP-17s are now selling for at least 7k, so no reason to offer any lower than that when selling one. :)

Would be funny if an EP-17 was really worth 7k, as you can loot a hell of a lot of them with 7k in ammo :D

Damn , I TT about 20 of them on CP last weekend. Could buy a MM for that. :laugh:

>> Trading 20 EP-17 for one MM. <<

if??!

buy it now before its 20k! :laugh:

Actually I know a friend who would like to remain anonymous who sold one for 37k. That is now the market price.

"Oh no, not this again..." :)

Turquoise paint on Sunday was >22000%

Anything with less than 10 sales on a daily basis needs to be treated very carefully...

WoW!!! I've 3 ep17 in storage, i'm RICH!!!! will sacri for +5k..lol

It's insane to see market manipulation for crap toy. i won't trust that graph.

one thing that came up in my mind when i saw this thread was that you can buy this gun from the vendors in hadesheim city. :p forgotten shops around in that city :p or is that 16? xD Got a big question mark above my head now xD

it's truly market manipulation, but i can't see the point to do that... Nobody will ever by that gun for this price... Thinked about a ped transfer first, but the graph show that some sales happend last week too

I think its a Bug, because it says that it always had a markup.
It happends from time to time with the ingame graphics.

I have seen quiet a lot items with totaly wrong markups, some going far into the past. IMO the ingame markup value is kinda useless as it is now. You should always check the history graph.

I dont think its dont to change item markup, i think its some1 transfering ped from one avatar to another avatar. I guess its some1 who has only one computer or one comp is broken.

Or this si just a joke to mess up with some1's head.

I do not trust the in-game auction prices, and still prefer to look at PEAuction for pricing.
I have seen history graphs where the values in sales were shown as e.g. 2.14 items sold :- How do u sell only a portion of an item ?

Can someone actually verify if the in-game auction price history reflects only the history of actual sold items ? PEAuction only has data on items actually sold, so is a much better reflection of the averages in my opinion.

I don't think the in-game history only considers sold items or ignores buyouts.

I do not have patience, so sometimes will rather take a buyout option for 1-3 ped higher than the actual item market value instead of waiting a couple of days. If this action affects the price indicators, MA is lining up EU for some serious inflation.

If the history does not only reflect only sold items it would be fairly easy to manipulate the market. Anybody can simply place an item or number of items in auction for a much higher markup than they would usually sell for, and if it expires, the average price indicators are suddenly higher.
Repeat this a couple of times, and everything gets screwed. Everybody else starts using the higher indicators when they place the items in auction . . .

Nasty.

These are very easy to manipulate. They are usually TT food so there are very few ever sold in auction. Sell a few at higher prices.

Hey! This is a fun idea. Start selling them for TT+2 or so with no buyout for 7 days. This will:

1) give people an idea they are being manipulated

2) do list a higher buyout (+10) so the manipulattor will have to buy them to keep his trap set. By buying them,, though, he will just reduce his averages ;)

As these are TT fodder, until MA fixes these bugs, I would consider it a community service to put usual TT fodder with a very low buyout(TT+1) on the acutions. If soemone does buy, it brings down the average and protects people from making the mistake. I'll start doing this with my freanD's A and B's..

I dont think its dont to change item markup, i think its some1 transfering ped from one avatar to another avatar. I guess its some1 who has only one computer or one comp is broken.

Or this si just a joke to mess up with some1's head.

True...but no matter HOW it's done or why it is, it still skews the graphs horribly. Most things like this have mechanisms for discarding outliers ( for example, top and bottom 10%)

it's truly market manipulation, but i can't see the point to do that... Nobody will ever by that gun for this price... Thinked about a ped transfer first, but the graph show that some sales happend last week too

The point is to try and catch an unknowing person and get them to buy it. If someone deosn't understand the graphs, they may think an item is worth what the value shows.

Weapons dealer in Hadeshiem still sells EP-13 Galactica, EP-17, and the Punisher Mk.1. Get them while they are hot!

LOL!

lolz well i've seen once an 1k markup for a freand alpha :laugh: was a bit scared for 3 sec's :scared: but then realised :D anyway.. *goes to try looting an ep 17* :rolleyes:

Look on the auction under laser pistols and check out the M2100 and its prices. (This is the tt pistol if you did not know that.) You will see the same crap going on here.

I was about to TT yet another ep-17 today, and, as always, i right click to make sure i'm not tt'ing my ep-40. A bit of a freeze with my pc, and by mistake i clicked on the graph button.....NOOOOOOOOOOO :laugh: :laugh:

For a moment I was confused......my mind started racing...thinking...oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, i tt'd loads of these :eek:

Then normality resumed, and I realised it is just a 'feature' of the market data ;) :laugh:

JC <- almost had a cardiac :D

Its becoming a pain using the MA graph..The resellers are buying at peauction prices and then trying to sell at MA graph prices...Its become ridiculous...

hahahaha wtf!!! :yay: :laugh:

WOW if the normal ep17 is going for that much im goining to be rich! iv got a mentor edition one! :yay: i can always dream lol

That is just a glimpse of what is happening on most item ingame...

you can see that there is manipulation on those EP17, and its intended... those people only trying to bring light on the "slow" manipulation that is occuring on item such as boar/jag , delta/maddox4 , fap2600, Amp a104&others ...

The chart can be manipulated... you dont need to make a huge tt+22000 fake sell to affect the market with that new chart that everyone is "trusting"... you only have to buy a item 100ped higher/with friend help to see everyone follow in a few hours without noticing you tempted to affect the market...

All of this because of the shitty chart MA is using...

People should wake up and realise we should go back to the old way everyone was using... cause its going insane right now.

Just a note out of topic :

If someone have the writting skill to post something everyone could "sign & send to supportcase" it would be very nice... we should stop being abused by "high roller" who just hype the price of items.. either on forum or ingame abusing the CHARTS weaknesses...

In another thread I made some simple suggestions to prevent auctionhistory manipulation:

1) Remove big deviations. (very obvous one ofcourse)
2) Allow just one acution history record per individual item each month.

I think with these two combined, auction manipulations will be very difficult, and probably not worth the efford.

Make a clear post with those idea, in the form of a COPY/PASTE tht we will all send to MA. Send me a PM if you do it, im going to try spreading this to much people i know of...

And also include a LAZY OPTION for MA in that post(like, remove the logging of Buyout, they will like that option alot more since its alot less job for them, and we all know its going to solve the problem, as we all know MA dont like to take hours to code something...else they will not do it)

Turquoise paint on Sunday was >22000%

Anything with less than 10 sales on a daily basis needs to be treated very carefully...

i take the blame for that...

i needed to transfer some peds to my a person here on ef... who i had trouble catching online, and well i didnt wanan bump up blue/ orange or yellow prices.. .they already hi enough.

So again i apologize

Back