Whats the Energy Amp version of Fi/Ra/Co?

dabrixmgp

Old
Just switched from BLP to Laser and was wondering what the Energy Amp equivalent of the Fi/Ra/Co series is?

Just switched from BLP to Laser and was wondering what the Energy Amp equivalent of the Fi/Ra/Co series is?

a100 series.. a101-106/203-204

I'd imagine an A104 will do just fine.

You can spend more if you want more damage though! :sniper:

how are those even remotely similar?

Beast is 19 damage and I can snag one for tt+135
Dante is 31 damage and is tt+1780
Evil is 36 damage and is tt+1450

a105 is 16 damage for tt+940 :eyecrazy:
a106 is 18 damage for tt+1650 :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
a204 overcharged is only 26 measly damage and the only one for sale is tt+16000 :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would spend $1600 bucks just for an amp that does 26 damage. I mean wouldnt it takes years of use before you see a return from it being more eco? Also what if you have a high level Laser weapon like some dude I watched streaming using a XTLC 800 that can use up to a 69 damage Amp? What do you use on a gun like that?

Nobody ever claimed they are similar :)
UL BLP amps are crafted, UL laser amps are looted or made from looted amps.

Its one of the things where you need to make a choice and your choice has consequences.

a204 overcharged is only 26 measly damage and the only one for sale is tt+16000 :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would spend $1600 bucks just for an amp that does 26 damage. I mean wouldnt it takes years of use before you see a return from it being more eco? Also what if you have a high level Laser weapon like some dude I watched streaming using a XTLC 800 that can use up to a 69 damage Amp? What do you use on a gun like that?

There are some (L) amps you can use for huge guns like that.

Anyway, congrats, you've discovered the main reason why people choose BLP over Laser, cheaper amps!

The ones that stick with laser are probably doing so in hopes of some day using the "uber" laser weapons such as Mod Merc / Improved Justifier Mk.2 which have some of the best eco in the game. (Imp Mk2 for example is so eco that no matter what amp you slap on it, the eco goes down).

And since UL BLP weapons are so expensive, a lot of people have moved over to melee. 500-600 PED for a solid UL melee weapon and UL amps run very cheap as well.

There is definitely no 1 to 1 equivalent between laser and energy amps.

Probably the closest comparison would be the e-amp series, 5 successively larger crafted energy amps.

But, everyone ignores them and they're balanced very differently than the fi/ra/co amps. They're also much more easily crafted (in terms of finding parts and etc...), so I believe the reason you don't see much about them is because they aren't great eco.

Anyway, congrats, you've discovered the main reason why people choose BLP over Laser, cheaper amps!

Hmm dunno I made my choice between laser and BLP before I even really knew about weapon amps.

for a level 60 pistol the laser has more damage in the weapon

enigma l4 vs ewe ep-54

enigmal4/evil 2.785 eco 78.54 dps

ep-54/ov. 204 2.932 eco 74.90 dps

And since UL BLP weapons are so expensive, a lot of people have moved over to melee. 500-600 PED for a solid UL melee weapon and UL amps run very cheap as well.

Always wanted to be a Viking. Short Blades or Long Blades?

It's a well known fact by now, that (repairable) weapon amps are easiest to acquire for low-dmg laser weapons and high-dmg BLP(*) weapons.

If you want to put a high dmg amp on your energy weapon you have to look into (L), unless you have a serious amount of PEDs for one of the overcharged amps.

(Exception: The enkidd A-xx (L) plasma handguns, since they use bullet packs and not energy cells and the beginner kong carbine which probably is the other way around.)

Maybe one reason is that high level energy amps would boost the economy of IMK2 and speed of mod merc too much.

Last edited:
so the fact that there are no high level UL energy amps means high level laser weapons dont need big amps? that makes sense to me. I mean if they needed big amps certainly MA would have introduced them by now.

so the fact that there are no high level UL energy amps means high level laser weapons dont need big amps? that makes sense to me. I mean if they needed big amps certainly MA would have introduced them by now.

There are a ton of Big Energy Amps (L).

We have laser amps costing 16-30k and melee alternatives for 200-1500ped.

Last edited:
Back