Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Hey MA,

When 3-D Model Merch?

Kiss.

Never, game needs fixing first

when they hire marketing people

I think there was someone who ended up with a left over box of mob statues from a convention who was happy to mail them to enthusiastic players who wanted one for their desk etc. Maybe charges cost of postage. It might have been McCormick but may have been someone else.... can't remember.

I've been contemplating making a 3D model of MA's concept art for the Untropia modular dome things just because I thought they were cool/would be a fun challenge to design. If I do, would be happy to ask a friend to 3D print some small ones if anyone was interested. It's kinda far down the list though...

Wistrel

Not sure what the rules are with unlicensed merchandise and Mindark so there may be an element of risk. However, if anyone is handy with a 3D printer and was happy to list Entropia "fan-art" style desk ornaments on Etsy they'd make bank imo. I know I'd probably buy a few over time.

SO many people have been asking for these kind of merch items for so long, easy additional revenue stream for MA. They already have the 3D models just send them to a 3D printing company, get a sample to QA. Once everything is to the right standard order a batch of 10-20 of the three most popular requests from a survey. If they sell out, re-order and branch out into other varieties. Simple stuff.

EU has probably the most hardcore fan base on the internet and has a criminally small selection of merch to cater for our borderline mentally ill appetites.

Just want a Boorum M desk ornament man.

Mindark has the marketing skills of a 7 year old running a lemonade stand so I don't think they're capable

Not sure what the rules are with unlicensed merchandise and Mindark so there may be an element of risk. However, if anyone is handy with a 3D printer and was happy to list Entropia "fan-art" style desk ornaments on Etsy they'd make bank imo. I know I'd probably buy a few over time.

SO many people have been asking for these kind of merch items for so long, easy additional revenue stream for MA. They already have the 3D models just send them to a 3D printing company, get a sample to QA. Once everything is to the right standard order a batch of 10-20 of the three most popular requests from a survey. If they sell out, re-order and branch out into other varieties. Simple stuff.

EU has probably the most hardcore fan base on the internet and has a criminally small selection of merch to cater for our borderline mentally ill appetites.

Just want a Boorum M desk ornament man.
Someone I know who used to play years ago used to be able to capture models (needed old OS/hardware so not an option any more). They asked MA if it was OK for them to use them for their own personal non-profit use (VR and 3D printing ornaments) and were told no probs. This went as far as running off a few avatar captures for friends and I was able to run off a model myself on a friend's printer (the old Pandora Tower).

I think if someone were to use the original stuff for something approaching a business though MA wouldn't be happy as it's their assets being used.

Someone designing something from scratch though based on a few images would be a different matter though. MA could ask they limit use of their trademarks like Entropia Universe/logos etc for sure, but otherwise it's into the murky world of fan art.

A comparable example would be when someone was once offering avatar drawings on the forum in exchange for PED.

Wistrel

Back