When multiple auto loot pill guzzlers collide...

Society
Wasted
Samantha Naraya Flynn
Greetings.

This may have been asked before, but searching for it didn't turn anything up...

Let's say there's a group at the Feffoid Pit harassing Adviser Khal-Ferrak and co. Of the six people there, one has an auto-loot pill going, another has a pet with auto-loot unlocked, and a third has a ring with auto-loot effects.

Of the three, who's auto-loot hits the dead shared creature first??

probably the one who does the kill shot.. at least it feels like team hunts work that way ..

My assumption was that it has to do with who is closest to the dead mob at the time. I might be wrong

If you have autoloot, every x amount of time your avatar tries to loot a mob around you.
So if you have 10 dead mobs and turn on autoloot, you'll loot them quickly 1 by 1. I would say the interval is about 5-6 mobs (varies a bit by amount of server lag) per second and doesn't have anything to do with range imo.

So everyone who is in range will try to loot it automatically, not sure if this is server or client side. If server side, should be random who gets it first. If it's client side, probably the one with the best PC or least amount of ping.

Hope this awnsers your question, if it really depends on range as well someone proof me wrong.

Should be internal timer specific, not item specific. Go into a team with no one in it and kill a mob. You'll see messages every so often on like a 1-2 second timer. Pretty sure that will originate on the game client.

Wouldn't this be academic anyways as the loot will be split the same regardless of who loots it?

Or are we exercising theories of loot collection where one looter is more likely to global than another looter at different times of day or phases of the moon?

Either way, I'd say "auto loot" generally seems to have a much worse loot outcome than "regular looting" at share event places like The Blaakshah Feffoid Pit, but it could be just my imagination. In any case it would seem VERY difficult to actually control which auto looter will hit a given mob.

I dont think it helps with solving that case but looting monsters manualy is faster than using autoloot.

Wouldn't this be academic anyways as the loot will be split the same regardless of who loots it?

Or are we exercising theories of loot collection where one looter is more likely to global than another looter at different times of day or phases of the moon?

Either way, I'd say "auto loot" generally seems to have a much worse loot outcome than "regular looting" at share event places like The Blaakshah Feffoid Pit, but it could be just my imagination. In any case it would seem VERY difficult to actually control which auto looter will hit a given mob.

Yes...loot will split the same regardless of who loots it.

I only ask because not everyone has the same looter skill level and such may have an effect on how much loot is being split.

Most timers are clientside.

If you want to test, you can make a team hunt with some friends and 'looter takes all' rules. My bet is that the loot distribution will be random and close to equal, with the guy with the best hardware having a very slight advantage.

Back