when to change weapons?

kyleca

Young
When should you switch from an Opalo to something else? is it when it's maxed out?

If you want to gain Skills faster and get no Skill Increase Bonus anymore from Opalo, switch to another Weapon that still gives you SIB, like Breer perhaps. People used to use Opalo a lot longer with powerful amps, but since the amp nerve that's not an option any longer.

I'm just over 1000 in my rifle skill and still using opalo. The skilling has really slowed down, so I looked for a nother rifle with SIB that wasn't too pricey. I bought a breer m1a(L of course) and the thing does less damage than opalo (for the moment), is slower, burns more ammo and decays like you wouldn't believe. I'm not sure what to do next. I was thinking about pistols...but I really don't know yet. I'm in the same boat as Kyleca. Does anyone have any specific recommendations?

i have about 1.8k rifle skills, and if im now wrong, i just maxed out opalo, so if i were you i would wait a litte longer to change from opalo to breer.

Well, actually, opalo is maxed on my guy. I can post a screeny if you want :). It just does crappy damage, that's all. I'll wait till perhaps 1500 rifle to switch weapons. I've been thinking about pistoling too, since many people say that's where the real damage is.

Forget the M1a (its just horrendously slow) and go straight to the M2a with an A102 amp and use the opalo to finish mobs off more efficiently.

The M2a is a bit slower than the opalo but you should find it much more useable than the M1a.

Edit: thinking about it, you might be better getting a tt handgun or an Emik T30 to finish mobs off and at the same time start skilling handgun :)

you could change to a higher weapons as soon you do are able to deal max damage with it
if your max damage with breer is around 10, you don't have to use it
those limited weapons have a good eco because you can have max damage (and a maxed min damage too) and a hit ability of 10/10
since your hit ability on a normal weapon is around 1.0, anything above would be better here, so that isn't the main point, since you will be higher with the Breer already i guess
so, the main point is the damage, especially because of the lower speed with the Breer, and to make it worth the buy, you should wait til you can at least deal max damage with it, if you can't, a normal weapon wouldn't be that bad, even if you dont have the maxed min dam there, but you can reach max dam, and even if the hit ability is lower
but as long you can live with the opalo101, you should do that :)

Back