Question: Which gun should I use next?

D1ST1NCT

Old
I’ve been using the Ecotron V.15 Prototype for a while now and have been loving it, but to kill the things I want to kill, I have to throw a bunch of damage enhancers on it. Otherwise I’m stuck doing pretty low level mobs.

I play a good amount (quite a bit more than just a “good amount” if we’re being honest lol), so I definitely get the value out of having an UnL weapon. I also enjoy the simplicity of just repairing my gun when calculating profit/loss for a hunting run. I know at some point, using an L weapon for high dps will just make more sense given the high cost of those UnL weapons, but I’m hoping there’s a reasonable UnL weapon above the Ecotron that I can keep and use for a long time and fall back on when wanting to do “mid-level” hunts.

What’s a similar laser rifle (in terms of being recognized as an all-around good weapon) I could look into upgrading to? I’m still relatively new so it’s hard to know what guns are “commonly” traded. I found a thread showing the SIB chart for 2023, so while that shows me some viable upgrades, I still don’t really know which ones are ancient and rare compared to ones like the Ecotron V.15 that are sold frequently.

Thanks in advance for any advice! And Happy New Year!

If you want to keep to your current budget in Laser Rifle specifically and just upgrade your DPS. You can go the Ozpyn HK S1X1. They go for about 2k or so because they have lower efficiency. But you get decent upgrade to DPS over the Ecotron, and it would be better in overall returns than having the Ecotron loaded up with full enhancers. Full disclosure I'm also currently selling one if you look my post up. You can fish one on auction probably cheaper than mine, or make me an offer, or even grind this gun yourself for "free" by doing the Tanhok Epic Mission Chain on Cyrene.

Welll, I spent about 4.5k on the v.15 cause it’s tier 6, so my price range is between there and 10k maybe. Kinda depends on how good the weapon is and how likely it is that I would use it for a long time. Like, I’d be willing to pay a little extra for something higher efficiency if it’s something I would end up wanting to upgrade to anyway, especially when it impacts returns.

Thanks for the answers so far! :D I’ll have to look at the wiki and compare the guns when I get off work

before you decide which gun to use next establish your exact goal, bankroll willing to risk, commitment level for the next 3 years.Don't just accept random answers from people with different experience, expectation or commitment level.

before you decide which gun to use next establish your exact goal, bankroll willing to risk, commitment level for the next 3 years.Don't just accept random answers from people with different experience, expectation or commitment level.
Definitely important things to consider :) I played a lot of OSRS (technically started back in 2007 but it was updated in the wrong direction later on, so the 2007 version was re-released in 2014/2015 and I’ve been playing since then). All that to say, I’ve put thousands and thousands of hours into that game, and like Entropia, most of that time was spent clicking the same thing over.. and over.. and over lol. I guess I’m trying to say that even though Entropia is different, I enjoy the similarities they share. I like being able to just relax and watch Netflix/YouTube while I hunt the same mob for thousands and thousands of kills. Idk why but it never gets old lol. If a mob does get old, I can just find something new to kill. I’m doing the 4 chapter mission on Monria right now, and that’s motivation enough to kill however many of those mobs that I need to to get it done.

So to answer the three year commitment question: will I play everyday for three years? Probably not. But will it be a game I can always fall back on when new games aren’t cutting it? Absolutely. If I ever decide to take a long break, I’ll probably sell off most of my more rare items just to make sure I don’t lose a bunch of PED by new weps potentially being added.

My only real concern with Entropia is longevity. I haven’t really been around long enough to know how hopeful I should be. Personally I don’t think UE5 will make a big change in terms of player base or new player retention. The learning curve is soooo steep, and the amount of guides for new players is pretty lacking compared to other mmo’s (beyond the basic “this is hunting” video that every YouTuber has made lol). Which is fine, I know that’s part of this game, and I admittedly feel a sense of pride having the level of understanding I have now just cause I had to dig around for it. My only point is that I don’t see Entropia attracting a bunch of new players from just a graphical change. Plenty of people play games with bad graphics as is, it’s the game mechanics and ease of access that sets those games apart.

I don’t think Entropia will shut down anytime soon, but with it being a RCE economy, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit there’s a little bit of fear tied to ghat and having such a comparatively small player base. The saving grace is that the new players who manage to stick around and enjoy the game tend to be forever players from what I understand. So while the game might not grow exponentially, I don’t see it shrinking exponentially either.

As far as goals are concerned, my long term goal is to get 100 in a combat profession. I’m not trying to rush there, though. I also want to get to a level that I can do some of the more challenging content for that sense of satisfaction. Like the new group boss that came out recently (forget the name but it was something to do with a Queen). I’ve done the pyramid event a couple times on Monria but it’s not really worth it currently beyond the codex progression. And of course, I would LIKE to make money, but that’s more of a tertiary goal. Like, it would be a fun challenge to profit or play without depositing. I’ve done pretty well with that so far! I’m not trying to replace my income (but hey, if MA wants to give me a massive all-time HOF, I wouldn’t complain 🤷🏻‍♂️😉) I think my expectations for this game aren’t outside or above the normal. I enjoy the community a lot and have made some good friends already, and like I said, it’s a really chill game and I enjoy that type of play style.

As far as bankroll is concerned, I’m not a “let me just go hunt punies so I can say I technically played the game” type of person. Not hating, more power to them for that lol. At the moment I’m cycling 1k-2k ped on a single hunt. I could be wrong but I think my longer play sessions help me to see better returns compared to someone going on a 50 or 100 ped hunt. I’ve actually profited this whole last week and I’m up by a decent amount since I started (maybe I’ve just been lucky 🤷🏻‍♂️). So yeah, I don’t mind cycling more on a hunt from a higher ammo burn. I want my “comfort hunt” to be at a higher level than it is currently. Of course I would like to hunt high level mobs occasionally when I can, but that would be more of a special thing I would just buy L weps and armor for. But I want my fall-back casual hunt to be at a higher level than what the Ecotron v.15 can offer, and for that I would like to have a good efficiency UnL weps just cause of the sheer amount of time I play (plus I like the idea of it 🤷🏻‍♂️ lol).

Sorry for the brick of text! You brought up some good points, though, so I wanted people to have the info to be able to make a more informed suggestion

Like someone mentioned Ozpyn HK s1x1 would be ok upgrade, i would stay away from ecotrons since they are way overpriced for what they provide.+

Like someone mentioned Ozpyn HK s1x1 would be ok upgrade, i would stay away from ecotrons since they are way overpriced for what they provide.+
Thanks for the reply :) I think I would like a gun with a little more efficiency, preferably close to 60% or a little more. I don’t mind a gun costing more if that price has remained relatively consistent. Cause it’s not like I’m losing that extra money, it’s just locked up inside the gun. Which was kinda the premise for this whole thread: I don’t really know what guns are consistently traded at a pretty stable price (like the EcoTron v.15), and conversely, which guns would pose more of a risk by being hard to sell later on or having a less-established price point.

I’ll consider the Ozpyn, but I’d like to know some more efficient options as well considering how long I will be using it :)

I dont think you will find any more eff gun without spending 30-40k peds for one of the fen,twen,mayhem guns.
I had t7 and t9 Ozpyn and like it a lot.

I dont think you will find any more eff gun without spending 30-40k peds for one of the fen,twen,mayhem guns.
I had t7 and t9 Ozpyn and like it a lot.
ahhh, okay. This was the kind of info I was looking for. Definitely not looking to make that level of price jump, though I would have considered something about 10k ped or lower. So if that’s really the case, then thanks! Seems like the Ozpyn is the only viable option if that’s true

u should take a look on Mindforce , or melee.
maybe both
just keep in mind that bankroll is king.
I plan on looking more into those down the road for sure. I at least want to get the arsonistic chip (or whichever one does the burn damage over time) for that added dps on bosses.

I think for the time being though I just want to focus on pushing harder content with LR’s since that is my highest profession and I know there are plenty of L weapons for that down the road

u should take a look on Mindforce , or melee.
maybe both
just keep in mind that bankroll is king.
I have to agree with that. Kinetic 9 with delta amp will give you same dps but more dpp for same or even lower price.
index.php

Notice i put a mayhem alpha amp on ozpyn, its overamping by 0.5 dmg. The dpp with impa105 is simmilar.

Also kinetic have sweet decay/ammo ratio so you kinda get more from shrap.

Last edited:
That’s really helpful info! Thanks! 😄

It kinda leads me to a nooby question, though: why would anyone ever use an LR for anything more than tagging? What’s the point of even leveling it?

Like I said, I know with LR’s there will be plenty of L guns available going up the profession level ladder for me to use (like the armatrix series). Is that also the case with mindforce? Cause my goal isn’t just to do 55 dps (from your example) for the best DPP possible. Long term, it is to push harder and harder content and reach 100 in a combat profession. I guess I don’t mind leveling a different profession, but the future is just as important if not more important than the present. And if mindforce stays the most viable option well into the future, why wouldn’t everyone just use mindforce? Lol

I hope none of that comes off as passive aggressive or anything, I’m just trying to understand whether your answer is “what’s best right now” or “what’s best down the road.” And if it’s the latter, why other combat professions would ever get used besides the extra range for tagging.

well . im not much of a hunter at all.
but MF has less mid and endgame options.
also they were forgoteen for years, until the fen chips and mayhem amps show up

here u have some options, all tier 0
15% reload 5 critical 29% critical damage
all around 60% eff

index.php

u can always go full L, and have a bigger bankrolll

I will mention that it does also depend on your play style. You mentioned that you like to 'chill' in Entropia hunting while you also multitasking like watching a show or something else. You need range to do this comfortably and your avatar is not running around all over the place pulling your attention.

I was leaning into LR and switched to Pistols for a bit because I got a great deal off auction on an ul 1100E. The eff boost was a few percentage points, but all the running around that I was doing and focused re-aiming was not enjoyable.

You can't get range from melee, or mindforce, or pistols. You have to pick a rifle path either Laser or BLP.
For me I like to use the Mayhem amps for the boost in DPS and a little life steal (again less paying attention to my health bar).
As I looked at the midgame path more weapon options can fit the mayhem laser amp than can fit the BLP amp because it has higher dmg.

From around 40-70 laser rifle the unlimited options are not great but there are a few. They don't change hands much because again there aren't many options.

If you don't want to use (L) mayhem amps then go BLP, and I would try for something like a Spirt mk1 with a dante. Great DPS and the combo can be found under 10k.

If you want to use (L) mayhem I would find an unlimited laser rifle that provides the least amount of overamp like the one Katie is selling. Once you get to 75 levels or so the laser rifle options start to become quite easy to find in the 20-30k range and your DPS will be solid enough to tackle most of what the game can give. You can also just get into the armatrix (L) rifle series from 40-75 which is what I have started to lean towards. I want to spend as little time in this stretch as possible so more DPS from the (L) means higher and faster skill gain.

Thats just my two cents which will probably get trolled...

I will mention that it does also depend on your play style. You mentioned that you like to 'chill' in Entropia hunting while you also multitasking like watching a show or something else. You need range to do this comfortably and your avatar is not running around all over the place pulling your attention.

I was leaning into LR and switched to Pistols for a bit because I got a great deal off auction on an ul 1100E. The eff boost was a few percentage points, but all the running around that I was doing and focused re-aiming was not enjoyable.

You can't get range from melee, or mindforce, or pistols. You have to pick a rifle path either Laser or BLP.
For me I like to use the Mayhem amps for the boost in DPS and a little life steal (again less paying attention to my health bar).
As I looked at the midgame path more weapon options can fit the mayhem laser amp than can fit the BLP amp because it has higher dmg.

From around 40-70 laser rifle the unlimited options are not great but there are a few. They don't change hands much because again there aren't many options.

If you don't want to use (L) mayhem amps then go BLP, and I would try for something like a Spirt mk1 with a dante. Great DPS and the combo can be found under 10k.

If you want to use (L) mayhem I would find an unlimited laser rifle that provides the least amount of overamp like the one Katie is selling. Once you get to 75 levels or so the laser rifle options start to become quite easy to find in the 20-30k range and your DPS will be solid enough to tackle most of what the game can give. You can also just get into the armatrix (L) rifle series from 40-75 which is what I have started to lean towards. I want to spend as little time in this stretch as possible so more DPS from the (L) means higher and faster skill gain.

This is my favorite answer so far cause it clearly answers what I was asking. The other information from people about mindforce was helpful to know but they kind of ignored the question. I’m not looking for the most eco weapon set up in the game to save me every penny possible, I’m looking for a laser rifle lol. Like you said, the range makes afk’ing mobs pretty easy and mindless to do, which is the play style I enjoy when I’m just doing a normal hunt. That enjoyment is worth money to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll have to check out that BLP option, I really like the idea of the amp being UnL as well. But part of me just wants to stick with the LR path, so I’ll have to think about that some more. Also I may reconsider just using the Armatrix series for a while now that I know there aren’t that many good options in the 40-75 range.

Definitely good advice and almost exactly what I wanted to know! Hopefully you won’t get trolled for it lol

Well i have to disagree with some of that. Spirit mk1+dante for 10k peds offers 1dps less then Kinetic 9+delta and it cost 5 times more. The only advantage is 73 range instead of 45 (thats enough to hunt most mobs in netflix mode). Using mayhem amp on Spirit is overamping of 8dmg and thats somethin i woudnt do. Also the dpp of that set is 2,94 vs 3.19.
If you want to pay about 8k peds for extra 30 range then sure, its your money in the end.

Well i have to disagree with some of that. Spirit mk1+dante for 10k peds offers 1dps less then Kinetic 9+delta and it cost 5 times more. The only advantage is 73 range instead of 45 (thats enough to hunt most mobs in netflix mode). Using mayhem amp on Spirit is overamping of 8dmg and thats somethin i woudnt do. Also the dpp of that set is 2,94 vs 3.19.
If you want to pay about 8k peds for extra 30 range then sure, its your money in the end.
Some people just like wasting money, let him. Helps the economy.

Ecotron V15 has so poor stats (2.88 dpp) that basically ANY weapon is an upgrade.
players are lead to use LR (worst option imho) due to "bukin rifle" effect... start with it.. go on with it.

many options, some are very cheap and you will risk nothing.
my suggestion is
1. to use some MF chip limited to see if u like them, UL i am a fan of electric 7 and 8... a kinetic 8 or 9 can already use Mayhem amps increasing big the output in case of need
2. experiment pistol with some (L) armatrix (use maxed 10/10) and if you like get a ewe41miladj (cost less and is better stats than its maddox4 adj sister)
3. use a leol or fire dagger or philo sword to experiment melee.. you can resell with no losses those cheap tools

LR is more expensive yes but there are pros and cons within all professions. As previously mentioned somewhere earlier, there is a wall you hit with mindforce of about 70 DPS and the only upgrades past that point are looted L chips, or expensive 2.0 weapons. No high level ~60 efficiency chips exist in UL, at least not yet.
No problem if you are happy with that DPS, it all depends what your goals are.

Another point not mentioned, it’s an advantage to keep skilling in a single profession so you get all the unlock able skills sooner. Commando comes at 70 hit profession and is great at building HP. If you switch professions, you will not gain much in your laser hit. A lot of people wait till they unlock commando before switching.

I’ve trained all professions, all have their pros and cons, but all are perfectly viable. LR is expensive but I don’t necessarily think it’s overpriced.

It may cost more, sure, but it’s more in line with what I was asking for. Am I necessarily gonna spend that money? No. I may end up just going with L weps for a while

Also he never suggested using a mayhem amp with the Spirit. He suggested the Dante for the Spirit and mayhem amps for laser rifles.

I get why it doesn’t make sense to you to use the “less efficient” option, but I’m more interested in having fun than trying to min max everything, and fun to me is sitting back 80 yards with a gun that goes “pew pew.” Katie brought up some good points below you as well.

I just hope that anytime anyone ever talks about laser rifles, they get this level of insistence for mindforce lol. Cause you make it sound like LR’s serve no purpose in the game beyond being a tag weapon.

And to the person below you with the snarky one liner, I don’t mind “wasting” a few extra dollars from a slightly lower DPP when my goal is to get to a high profession level in LR’s. If you’re referring to weapon cost, I never committed to buying an expensive UnL weapon and even if I did buy one, that money isn’t gone. It’s just locked up in a gun 🤷🏻‍♂️ Plus I’m curious what the community defines as “expensive,” I hardly see 10k PED being expensive in a game like this when it means having a good weapon you’ll be using for an exceptionally long time. Everyone’s budget and play style is different though, so if you’re the type to do the daily for 2 PED ammo and swunt to save every cent possible, I could see how that would seem like a waste 🤷🏻‍♂️ To each their own; at least one of us can respect that

This is key..

Bankroll is so important can’t stress it enough… Since I have been managing my bankroll and playing in a level my budget allows my returns have got more steady and higher. Enjoying the game now more than ever..

Take a look at MF I personally think it’s the cheapest way to skill up and if budget allows the MF amps with lifesteal will push your avatar to a whole new level 😄

It may cost more, sure, but it’s more in line with what I was asking for. Am I necessarily gonna spend that money? No. I may end up just going with L weps for a while

Also he never suggested using a mayhem amp with the Spirit. He suggested the Dante for the Spirit and mayhem amps for laser rifles.

I get why it doesn’t make sense to you to use the “less efficient” option, but I’m more interested in having fun than trying to min max everything, and fun to me is sitting back 80 yards with a gun that goes “pew pew.” Katie brought up some good points below you as well.

I just hope that anytime anyone ever talks about laser rifles, they get this level of insistence for mindforce lol. Cause you make it sound like LR’s serve no purpose in the game beyond being a tag weapon.

And to the person below you with the snarky one liner, I don’t mind “wasting” a few extra dollars from a slightly lower DPP when my goal is to get to a high profession level in LR’s. If you’re referring to weapon cost, I never committed to buying an expensive UnL weapon and even if I did buy one, that money isn’t gone. It’s just locked up in a gun 🤷🏻‍♂️ Plus I’m curious what the community defines as “expensive,” I hardly see 10k PED being expensive in a game like this when it means having a good weapon you’ll be using for an exceptionally long time. Everyone’s budget and play style is different though, so if you’re the type to do the daily for 2 PED ammo and swunt to save every cent possible, I could see how that would seem like a waste 🤷🏻‍♂️ To each their own; at least one of us can respect that
You totaly misunderstood me, im lvl 110+ in all laser and blp weapons. I used to own ozpyn t9 and loved it but for me what counts is numbers. If i can have better equipment for 2kpeds then 10k then thats the only choice for me. Like it was said, MF lack a bigger dps options after unl kinetic 11.

You totaly misunderstood me, im lvl 110+ in all laser and blp weapons. I used to own ozpyn t9 and loved it but for me what counts is numbers. If i can have better equipment for 2kpeds then 10k then thats the only choice for me. Like it was said, MF lack a bigger dps options after unl kinetic 11.
I’m sorry if I came off a little aggressive, I was more annoyed by the peanut gallery below you lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that so many people want to guide me towards the optimal path, I do. But you even admitted that you loved the Ozpyn; in a way, by trying to steer me away from LRs, you’re steering me away from an enjoyable experience you had and probably one of many reasons you love the game (regardless of how efficient it is or how long you used it, it’s still a fond memory). I plan on leveling the other professions down the road to experiment, and I’ll very likely end up with MindForce if it really is the best bang for my buck. But for right now, I want to level LRs and keep progressing deeper into this wonderful world. I want to have the chance to have the experience you had, not be forced to basically start over cause it’s more efficient, y’know?

Hopefully that makes sense. This is one of those games where it’s easy to optimize the fun out of the game, but it’s also a game where fun can mean different things to different people. Some people really love sweating and hunting punies. I don’t understand why cause it seems horribly inefficient in terms of time spent, but some people enjoy that. Other people love making spreadsheets, watching the market, tracking returns down to the PEC, and that’s okay, too. Me personally, I just want to throw on my hunter overlay, go out with a gun, and progress deeper into the game. Am I gonna make some mistakes? Oh definitely, and very likely my idea of “fun” will change over time just as it has for you and many others. But I think it’s important to allow me to have that initial experience you had if that’s what I want to do. Even though the Ozpyn is less efficient, I doubt you’d want to just forget those memories of hunting with it cause you were doing something you wanted to do and enjoyed it at the time.

I feel like that’s what is lost on many of the people here that keep insisting on Mindforce despite the thread being titled “Which gun next?” and my several attempts to say, “I appreciate the info, I really do, but LR’s are what I want to do for now.” I really do enjoy the info, but as a relatively new player still, I just want to do what sounds enjoyable to me, and right now, that’s LR’s. Yes, it’s good to point new players in the right direction, but ultimately I think it’s more important to let them fall in love with the game the same way you all did, which very likely means not being the most efficient at first. Cause regardless of how inefficient those early memories of the game are, they’re a part of why you all still play today.

This is key..

Bankroll is so important can’t stress it enough… Since I have been managing my bankroll and playing in a level my budget allows my returns have got more steady and higher. Enjoying the game now more than ever..

Take a look at MF I personally think it’s the cheapest way to skill up and if budget allows the MF amps with lifesteal will push your avatar to a whole new level 😄
I completely agree with the bankroll statement. My returns have been phenomenal lol. I’m currently at a profit of about 2k PED or so. I’m sure some luck was involved with that, but I’m definitely not going on small hunts. I’ve noticed that the longer I can hunt, generally the better my returns end up being. The loot wave theory also intrigues me; it could just be sheer coincidence, but it does seem to come in waves. So yeah, I definitely agree, a person shouldn’t hunt at a level they can’t afford to hunt a lot at. And by that logic, it only makes sense to go with the best DPP I can get so my ammo lasts longer meaning longer hunts and better or at least more consistent returns.

That being said, I really just want to use LR’s for now for reasons mentioned throughout this thread, but most importantly cause that’s what sounds fun to me right now. You might not have the answer to this, but I’m genuinely curious. You said that you’ve been enjoying the game more than ever by making that change; do you think you would enjoy it as much if you didn’t first have a different experience to compare it to? Kind of an extreme example, but who is more grateful for money, someone who was poor and became rich or someone born rich? Or who is more grateful for a nice salary, someone who started with a lower salary or someone who started with the nice one? There are many things in life that I wish I would have understood sooner, and in terms of Entropia, maybe that’s the efficiency of Mindforce for you and many others. But I’m willing to bet a significant reason that you enjoy using it so much is because you have another, less efficient memory to compare it to. I could be wrong though lol. I at least know that’s true for me.

My fondest memories of playing MMO’s were when I was young and didn’t try to min/max everything. I can’t re-create that feeling in those games now cause it would feel like a waste of time doing something I know doesn’t benefit me. Yes, Entropia is a different beast, so wasting time here often means wasting money as well, but for right now, I just want to enjoy that process of falling in love with a game again while it lasts. I don’t want to be horribly inefficient doing it, but I’m willing to sacrifice a little efficiency if it means having the chance at recreating that feeling of just wanting to do something in an MMO and doing it for the fun of it compared to a checklist of do’s and don’ts for optimal success. And as I grow from there, I’m sure I’ll enjoy that process of becoming more efficient, too, but I don’t think I could truly enjoy being the most efficient possible without first not being the most efficient possible.

Anyway, thank you for the advice :) I can definitely tell Mindforce is the way to go and I look forward to messing around with it down the road once I’ve had my fill of LR’s

I understand and like i said earlier in the end its your money and you should do what gives you most fun but then you have to be prepared for bigger losses. The true is that even with your 2k profit now you will end up around 93%tt return in a long run (with your looter and eff lvl). Im not trying to push you out of LR patch, just gave you more eco and cheaper option. I think you will be just best with that hk s1x1, looks like you made your decision 😉 Good luck with your journey but unfortunately math is everything in this game (not that i like it).

Back