Which to use...

Blinding Light

2nd Generation Addict
Pele Pimpim Pimmerson
Dmg/Pec Dmg/Sec
M2201A1+a101 2.503 6.15
Opalo+a101 2.843 5.566

Ive hit a rough spot on my PEDcard, and also, the VU, since getting a P4A BP went out the window, I have had to go back to the basics... I was just wondering if anyone could share their opinion on which to use... I have 1.1 HA on the M2201A1, but I get higher Dmg/sec, and pretty good eco, but great exo on opalo, but not as much dmg/sec...

Can anyone help me out?

Did you figure the missed shots into the damage per second on the M2201A1?

I think you will get more damage per sec with Opalo in reality.

It would be incorporated into both. I didn't realize you had used that data either, sorry.

It might be good to test it though, if you already own both guns, take them out and test the miss rate for yourself (in a lag free area if you can find one).

There is such a thing? lol

Im gonna test sometime today :) I gots to shower, hygiene before playtime as my mother said

opalo

for the range, more chance of killing to mob b4 it gets to you, or at least damaging it quite a bit, so less armout decay and less fapping

also depending on your skills , skill bonus.

No skill bonus on either, But shouldnt the 55 attacks per min on M2201A1 compensate for the range?

My hypothesis is...
7.59 damage avg. (according to ET...)
7.59*55= 417.45 dmg/min on M2201A1
7.59*44= 333.96 dmg/min on Opalo

I usually get 4 shots in on opalo before creature is on me, so 7.59*4= 30.36 dmg before the mob reaches me w/ opalo

With M2201A1 i can get about 3 hits in (because of the 11 attacks/min faster speed) so 7.59*3= 22.77 dmg before the mob reaches me.

Lets say that it take 7 shots to kill the creature AFTER it has reached me... 7.59*7 hits= 47.3 damage until it is dead...

47.3 damage / 55 attacks per min @ 7.59dmg per shot means the M2201A1 takes... 11 seconds ( if my math is right)

With opalo 47.3 damage / 44 attacks per min @ 7.59 damage per shot means it will take 14 seconds.

Now all I need to know is how fast a creature hits, for example an snarksnot young...
snarksnot youngs hit about every 4 seconds...
So, 11seconds/4 second creature attacks = 2 hits = whatever your armor decays per hit...
or
or 14 seconds/4 second creature attacks= 3 hits= whatever the armor decay is
So, Without the range I think the M2201A1 would be better, since it is FASTER, which means 1 less hit, which means less decay...

But I will have to check the 18.##% miss and see if that is accurate

** IF you find anything wrong with my Math** speak up!

Last edited:
A rifle and a pistol?

Use both.

(too simple of a response)

Oh just some more data, with 10/10 HA, you hit 40.48/44 shots which equals 311.19 damage/min... on Opalo

On M2201A1 with 1.1 HA you hit 44/55 shots which equals 333.96 damage per min...

So even with missing 18.5% of shots, the M2201A1 does more damage than opalo, and faster

Can we all come to a consensus that the M2201A1 is just as or more effiecent than the opalo?

Some prove me wrong please!

just found the error in my math...
avg damage on m2201a1 is 5.65
so 5.65*55=310.75 dmg/min, not 7.59 (b/c of HA and lack of skills on my part...)

So Opalo is WAY more effiecent and has higher dmg/sec, So i guess I figured it out :)

I usually get 4 shots in on opalo before creature is on me, so 7.59*4= 30.36 dmg before the mob reaches me w/ opalo
39.64 HP when it starts to hit you, 39.6/7.59/44=11 seconds

Last edited:
OK i know you closed it. But with ur opalo/m2100 or whatever. Go hunt Faucervix lower maturities and loot a korss 380. I got one last nite from a mature worth 42 ped. So I'm happy as larry and i'll put the ep40 aside for now. Just put a a103 on it and you got 36 max dmg. And at 3k pistol I get close to that a lot.

I agree with Westy, when you are on a budget and don't enjoy purchasing (L) weapons every other day, then just concentrate your hunts on mobs that drop something you can use. Faucervix seem fairly reliable for 380s, and exo's for 350s. As far as the 400 goes, dont expect it and you may get one sooner :D

I agree with Westy, when you are on a budget and don't enjoy purchasing (L) weapons every other day, then just concentrate your hunts on mobs that drop something you can use. Faucervix seem fairly reliable for 380s, and exo's for 350s. As far as the 400 goes, dont expect it and you may get one sooner :D

it seems that 350's no longer drop from exarosaur. I havent heard any report about that recently, nor looted one myself. OTOTH, i heard ppl looting them from atrox. And i hate to hunt those.

Faucervix still drop H380, but after killing a gazillion of them ... no H380 (actually, very poor loot, and only one item, shogun arm guards)

H400 drop from feffoids and bristlehogs. Bad thing is that (for me) feffoids loot very bad. Dont know about the bristlehogs, cant test that because i lack electric protection :(

blegh, i would buy them ;)

Back