Why don't we get proper notice?

InDaHouse

Stalker
Society
General of Sanctuary
Saoirse
Why does MA never post up proper notice when its taking servers offline?

Client loader has a support news section in which sometimes they give notice to servers coming down..... Would it not be great if you guys gave us some kinda idea as to why you are bringing down the servers so we can make plans or arrangements around this? Surely that's what the news section is for, again poor customer service from our game gods!

Simple post saying: Servers coming down for (insert reason) and we hope to have them back up again at (insert ETA). sorry for the inconvenience.

One sentence is all it would take to make us feel important and not just like the dust in-between the keys on your keyboard.

They bring them down every Tuesday at the same time. For the last 4 years I have been playing.

Never?

We've had them for quite awhile. They must have missed it this week though, which is a shame.

Every tuesday people seem surprised, so funny.

They bring them down every Tuesday at the same time. For the last 4 years I have been playing.

No. They have not taken the severs down "every Tuesday at the same time".

I will admit that they do take the servers down usually on Tuesdays when they have a patch or update, but it is nowhere near EVERY Tuesday. That is such a strong exaggeration that it makes me :lolup:.

And I agree with the OP, MA needs to give a better notice for when they are taking the game down. I find it hard to believe that MA doesn't know that they will be taking the game down a few hours before they release a patch or update.

No. They have not taken the severs down "every Tuesday at the same time".

I will admit that they do take the servers down usually on Tuesdays when they have a patch or update, but it is nowhere near EVERY Tuesday. That is such a strong exaggeration that it makes me :lolup:.

And I agree with the OP, MA needs to give a better notice for when they are taking the game down. I find it hard to believe that MA doesn't know that they will be taking the game down a few hours before they release a patch or update.

we never even got 1h notice!! it was 55 mins LMFAO! :laugh:

I agree with the OP.

Is the new patch that unnerfs the vixen androids then ?

They also pulled a fast one with that nerfing

This time it wasn't a patch or VU, they just needed to free the wall socket to plug in a vacuum cleaner, so why to stir the people up for nothing with a notice.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/supportnews/

Sometimes they have to do a critical update and because of that i saw ingame messages on the chat-channel every 5 minutes counting down for server takedown.

Also several times they have anounced it on this forum when the server is going down.

yup thats the section i refer to in my OP, it was last updated 2 weeks ago...... and the ingame msg never states what they are doing, "servers coming down for maintenance" would be more appropriate if they said servers will quickly be resterted in todays case!

yup thats the section i refer to in my OP, it was last updated 2 weeks ago...... and the ingame msg never states what they are doing, "servers coming down for maintenance" would be more appropriate if they said servers will quickly be resterted in todays case!

Maybe they have to inplement a priority patch to fix a vulnerability in their environment or something (example)... They cannot know beforehand if the result will be positive to bring the servers back up again OR they need more time for maintenance if stuff gets messed up.

A lot of companies communicate this way. Sometimes it has to do with their safety by not giving out too much technical information about why the servers were taken down.

Last edited:
Maybe they have to inplement a priority patch to fix a vulnerability in their environment or something (example)... They cannot know beforehand if the result will be positive to bring the servers back up again OR they need more time for maintenance if stuff gets messed up.

A lot of companies communicate this way. Sometimes it has to do with their safety by not giving out too much technical information about why the servers were taken down.

Or they have no agreement on turns who makes the news post on the website. They could also be short on manpower and needed full attention on maintenance of the server hardware.

It's also a vacation period, so they may have some on vacation who do it regularly.

Doesn't it depend on the fault. I often have to reboot servers with very little notice to the users simply to stop a fault escalating.

If it's a quick reboot there's no point on putting it on the loader.

Why does MA never post up proper notice when its taking servers offline?

Client loader has a support news section in which sometimes they give notice to servers coming down..... Would it not be great if you guys gave us some kinda idea as to why you are bringing down the servers so we can make plans or arrangements around this? Surely that's what the news section is for, again poor customer service from our game gods!

Simple post saying: Servers coming down for (insert reason) and we hope to have them back up again at (insert ETA). sorry for the inconvenience.

One sentence is all it would take to make us feel important and not just like the dust in-between the keys on your keyboard.

Not too much to ask either that they tell us in patch notes what they nerf with each patch. I believe we have a right to know what we are playing for.

Back