Why Macroing is bad and should receive a mass banwave

" Total: 158 (members: 47, guests: 111) "

Peak European time on a Sunday evening on Forum in winter when people stay in more.
Also while one of EU main event going (Mayhem).
Sure isn't just the bot army, but something seems broken.
Yes auction pages are under 700 recently which I have not seen very often.
I think the primary reason is world economies are having an effect, and people are tightening.
There have been a number of correlations to world economics and game activity in the past at least.
If economies pick up the game should as well.

As well, while I don't want to be "That guy" I will, because no-one wants to talk about it.
There is an excess death issue we are currently facing world wide, over 15% more in many countries.... that is not covid.
We would see those effects here as well.

Yes auction pages are under 700 recently which I have not seen very often.
I think the primary reason is world economies are having an effect, and people are tightening.
There have been a number of correlations to world economics and game activity in the past at least.
If economies pick up the game should as well.

As well, while I don't want to be "That guy" I will, because no-one wants to talk about it.
There is an excess death issue we are currently facing world wide, over 15% more in many countries.... that is not covid.

Yes Forgo, world economics i would think are a big factor indeed.
Probably due to belt tightening, and not just EU that faces pressure as a result as many companies feeling the pinch. In UK retail will really struggle I believe over this xmas period.
Lets all just hope for the best, and rl always first you can't eat pixels :) .

Nothing ruined the sweat value more, than synthetic sweat. People used to use auto clickers before F interact and auto use tool. Still sweat was 10ped per k and up....synthetic sweat came out and almost instantly market tanked from 10 to 2.
when you say synthetic sweat, you mean synthetic mind essence? or something else i'm not familiar with?

i agree, it's weird how MF chips don't use mind essence from sweat

there's a hidden cost from the real world here that impacts the game in ways people don't realize

i know with most items and with skills, if a person dies and no family member takes over the account, it should theoretically cash out and send them a check for the value of the account after X amount of time

but what if that person is holding onto a bunch of deeds and properties? or what if they have one-of-a-kind or super-rare items that will just poof into the ether? i have at least one member of my soc who i think probably passed away in the last couple months and his family i'm confident knows almost nothing or cares nothing about EU

It's unlikely Mindark are going to ban macroing, for all the reasons already highlighted in this thread. That said, I can see why the OP wants them banned, it is hard to compete against them as a normal hunter. I wouldn't ban macroing I'd just give an advantage to players who actually hunt. Scanning could be one option, make it so the mechanics of scanning a mob cannot be easily done with a macro, and give a loot advantage to scanning such as an increased chance of markup items.
I do like the general idea: that is, active/attentive players get a bonus for being thus. In theory fruit/stone/dung does this, but not really: if you are hunting in a fairly static area the respawn rate is too low, and the area you have to cover too high.

Maybe have an extra kind of strongbox. Call them "Paragon" boxes. randomly, a visual indicator on the ground appears. you have to go over to it and use a tool (some new tool), and for a small amount of decay, you get the box. like all boxes it has no tt value. but like other boxes generated by player activity, it does have a value to other players. and since you need keys to open, MA makes money on it too.

typical fruit/stone pickup is worth between 0.1p and 0.3p when sold to players. as long as there's some decent stuff in the box, it could be a nice bonus to get somewhere between 1-5p worth of markup on those boxes for active/attentive players. and no TT loss for MA at all, they are getting tt decay on the tool, and ped deposit on the keys.

Just a thought of a really easy way to ensure people are actually at screen in Mayhem.
Make one of statues able to be targeted by next target but doesn't decay ammo.
People who are truly at screen would notice quickly and next target while those vacant would pointlessly shoot at a statue for hours at no cost.

At end of the day is up to MA, and as world economy is somewhat in the toilet perhaps is a needed thing to keep light on at MAHQ.

there's a hidden cost from the real world here that impacts the game in ways people don't realize

i know with most items and with skills, if a person dies and no family member takes over the account, it should theoretically cash out and send them a check for the value of the account after X amount of time

but what if that person is holding onto a bunch of deeds and properties? or what if they have one-of-a-kind or super-rare items that will just poof into the ether? i have at least one member of my soc who i think probably passed away in the last couple months and his family i'm confident knows almost nothing or cares nothing about EU
After 3 years MA can clean out accounts of value if there is no login in that time

when you say synthetic sweat, you mean synthetic mind essence? or something else i'm not familiar with?

i agree, it's weird how MF chips don't use mind essence from sweat
Yeah mis spoke, I ment synthetic essence. Had sweat on the brain.

Yeah mis spoke, I ment synthetic essence. Had sweat on the brain.
Gosh, no one would be able to use their TP Chips anymore, because the ME would be needed as Ammo and will logically highjack the MU on it. Would you like to buy your BLP/Laser Ammo for 200% MU? I don't think so.

Gosh, no one would be able to use their TP Chips anymore, because the ME would be needed as Ammo and will logically highjack the MU on it. Would you like to buy your BLP/Laser Ammo for 200% MU? I don't think so.
We used our tp chips just fine, before the change, back when all essence was created by sweat..im not saying to go back either, I'm simply saying that single change is what tanked the sweat market, from 10ped per k, to 2.

Wouldn't mind a nice flood of strike chips again.

When's the last time you needed any light mind essence?

They could put them on ME that would be cool. But please, the chips!! I miss having some AoE on hand and there's no way I want to burn out the 1 "souvenir" chip I have.

The high sweat prices of the past people like to reference was when there was a sweat level cap where once you hit a certain level you could not gather sweat anymore.
MA removed this lvl cap and that is what mainly caused the price of sweat to go down as people can now gather sweat forever.
There are more uses for sweat now than ever before.
To suggest that MF users should have to use sweat for ammo and pay MU is silly.

The high sweat prices of the past people like to reference was when there was a sweat level cap where once you hit a certain level you could not gather sweat anymore.

Wow, now that I did not know.

But yes, MF tends to be less popular already, given that no token vendors sell them, and they cannot be manufactured.....if the ammo cycled through them had MU that would be a disaster honestly

Well I had to put myself on incognito in the game cause i kept getting pm's of people saying I just ahd to suck it up and that this wont change anything. :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah and these where some high level people :p

Back