Question: Why not bring back rent?

Player owns 9 clds, builds house, does not need house, instead rents it out for a cheap for someone else who would like to use the house.

I'm trying to break the concept down cartoon barney style, here

All owners of houses would be able to set a rent if they thought that somebody would be willing to rent it. THis has nothing to do with greed, well, maybe, but i don't really have many clds to really be considered greedy. All monies that are earned from rent, would go to the person who owns that structure. Be it, the guy with 9 deeds, or some dude with an apartment, whoever owns that particular structure where the rent is being offered. I seriously don't know how to explain it any better, some asshats that didn't invest in CLDS are already crying, thinking that it's an attempt to !!!! the market, or some shit, i dunno....

Can I get a mod to lock and close this thread? People obviously don't have the capacity to understand this concept, and I obviously don't have the capacity to explain it, lock it, burn it, destroy it, pretty please with a cherry on top

I don't understand why this concept is so confusing. The rent wouldn't go to MA, it would go to whoever the land deed holder/item/whatever is. It's for people who can't raise the capital necessary to own a shop/house/whatever to let them try it out. It was just an idea I stormed up. Right now, i don't own an apartment or home, but because I do receive some sort of income from CLDS, i probably wouldn't mind renting a shop booth at my level, just to try it for some time, hell, maybe even make some profit. This way, the person that owns the shop/deed/whatever, doesn't have to sell the entire thing, but still make some income off of it instead of it just being an empty waste of space. I mean, cmon, imagine what else could be rentable as well, such as a decked out spaceship, maybe an avatar would like to try being a captain of a ship for a week but can't really afford to pay the huge price to buy one, but could afford to rent one for a bit.

if you would not want the 'land' that comes with the deed, maybe MA will make the new houses have separate deeds... similar to the way the hangar owners got to separate the hanger building from the ship so they could sell off one, the other, or both... then there is no need for 'rent'... if you don't want to take to manage the house you claimed, just sell it.

Dude, i'm soooo done with this thread. I'm confused as to how people are getting confused...

The heading was supposed to grab attention so that people would read further to understand what I was trying to explain. But even for those people the concept is lost on them...

It basically comes down to, i can't tell if I'm being trolled, or if people are really this damn stupid to where they can't understand a simple idea...
just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they are "too damn stupid" to grasp the concept... it's not a complicated proposal, I get it! I just don't like the idea! Just because I don't like it, doesn't make it a bad idea, you can't please everybody with every idea!

I own 2 apartments and no CLD's, so personally I see no benefit for myself in renting out my apartments! (apartments are cheap enough so if someone was willing to rent one they could just as easily buy one of their own)... so with that option off the table, that leaves the person who owns the building/property my apartments are on charging ME rent, which obviously I don't want to pay!!!... Any other rent scenarios do not directly affect me, and I look at this thread through the eyes of a potential renter, not a rent collector! sorry, but in my opinion any rent imposed now that rent has been abolished is only beneficial to the wealthy and a burden on the less wealthy the way I see it!

Maybe you have some way you could edit your posts so it clearly explains how paying rent would benefit the person who's paying, not the person who's collecting? The tread title "Why not bring back rent?" might as well say "Wouldn't you love some extra expenses?!"
I'm actually kind of sorry I even started the damn thing. lol, i shall refrain from sharing my future ideas/thoughts with the community for the time being...
If it makes you feel any better, trust me when I say... I have been in that boat! :argue: :banghead:

Hey,

Maybe would be better if we could lease the land and the person who has the lease can put structures on it. Perhaps these structures form part of a new crafting profession. When the lease expires they can just pick up their buildings and move on or renew the lease.

I think it would be nice for there to be some reason to develop the land lots when we get to claim them. The trouble with renting the buildings for me is what happens when the rent doesn't get paid, in the past people just let the rent expire and the building wasn't really used for anything except storage.

It would be great if we could build cities etc but I guess the system needed might be quite an effort for MA. I don't know maybe give us textured blocks, there are some pretty creative people out there, look what's been achieved with minecraft...

Ant

Last edited:
Player owns 9 clds, builds house, does not need house, instead rents it out for a cheap for someone else who would like to use the house.

I'm trying to break the concept down cartoon barney style, here

All owners of houses would be able to set a rent if they thought that somebody would be willing to rent it. THis has nothing to do with greed, well, maybe, but i don't really have many clds to really be considered greedy. All monies that are earned from rent, would go to the person who owns that structure. Be it, the guy with 9 deeds, or some dude with an apartment, whoever owns that particular structure where the rent is being offered. I seriously don't know how to explain it any better, some asshats that didn't invest in CLDS are already crying, thinking that it's an attempt to !!!! the market, or some shit, i dunno....

Can I get a mod to lock and close this thread? People obviously don't have the capacity to understand this concept, and I obviously don't have the capacity to explain it, lock it, burn it, destroy it, pretty please with a cherry on top
You are forgetting few simple things:

1) estates barely have any use - there very few really good shops, most are crap and the rest are inactive, not going to even start about how "useful" apartments and houses are, demand for renting would be close to 0;

2) As I mentioned earlier - I highly doubt those houses (if they actually come, you never know) will be given out cheaply. In other words - people won't be building houses that they don't need... Nothing is cheap with MA.

just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they are "too damn stupid" to grasp the concept... it's not a complicated proposal, I get it! I just don't like the idea! Just because I don't like it, doesn't make it a bad idea, you can't please everybody with every idea!

If it makes you feel any better, trust me when I say... I have been in that boat! :argue: :banghead:

I also said that it was either that, or that I was too damn stupid...but it doesn't matter, I was just being grumpy and frustrated. I don't mind people disliking the idea, that's fine, but disliking it for the wrong reasons was rubbing me the wrong way.

I guess in my mind I figured that there would be a finite amount of these homes/apartments/shops and that eventually new players would not be able purchase them on their own without a huge stack of ped. Giving the owners an option to rent these places out would give players a chance to try it, or give them a place to TP to, display goods, or whatever they would like. The owner of the property wouldn't have to outright sell it, and still make a profit, however small.

There are those who rent out their goods as it is without the protection of MA, or a system in place that guarantees the return of their item after renting. I just thought it would be a good idea for MA to implement an option that doesn't rely on the honor system.

Hey,

Maybe would be better if we could lease the land and the person who has the lease can put structures on it. Perhaps these structures form part of a new crafting profession. When the lease expires they can just pick up their buildings and move on or renew the lease.

I think it would be nice for there to be some reason to develop the land lots when we get to claim them. The trouble with renting the buildings for me is what happens when the rent doesn't get paid, in the past people just let the rent expire and the building wasn't really used for anything except storage.

It would be great if we could build cities etc but I guess the system needed might be quite an effort for MA. I don't know maybe give us textured blocks, there are some pretty creative people out there, look what's been achieved with minecraft...

Ant

Yes, the more ideas they steal from minecraft, the better, that game is highly addictive and has a huge following. I have often thought to myself that MA needs to closely look at what has been making games like this so popular.

The rent would be paid up front for however long they would like to pay it, i was thinking....maybe 20 ped a month, maybe less, depending on the structure of course. It would all depend on the length of time the lease agreement that they purchased shows...ie, 30 days, 60 days, etc. After the lease is up, and the renter has not renewed it, than all the items placed by the person renting would be returned to their storage.

You are forgetting few simple things:

1) estates barely have any use - there very few really good shops, most are crap and the rest are inactive, not going to even start about how "useful" apartments and houses are, demand for renting would be close to 0;

2) As I mentioned earlier - I highly doubt those houses (if they actually come, you never know) will be given out cheaply. In other words - people won't be building houses that they don't need... Nothing is cheap with MA.

I'm really not familiar with estate uses, I have yet to purchase one myself. It would be nice if MA allowed for crafting, a Trade Terminal, Repair Term, Storage term, or crafting tables.... It would allow players like me who have horrible lag in busy places, to rent a place where you could craft/store in peace. Maybe even with a small shop terminal, maybe just a window of goods, smaller than the shopkeeper pad. This would allow the building owner to furnish their rentable spaces with useful items, creating competition within the renting market, and...giving a better reason TO rent, maybe than you would be renting for the convenience of having said items readily available.

Now I know that sounds like a silly question, but something struck me as I was grinding away today. There are some avatards that purchased large amounts of clds, and there's no way that they would really be able to use that many homes. .

why do you think every one is going to build houses on them ?
because i for one aint going to.

a deed is nothing more than a share for me.
a share that needs to be overpaid because i need to buy 9 at once and am stuck wiyh a virtual house on it that has to be paid is NO good to me.

though i'm sure there are a lot of dumb arses that will ruin their share's though.

but still most big owners will do some carefull thinking before wasting hundreds of dollars killing their shares

Back