Votes: 76 44.2%
  • Just another bug

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Other reason (Please detail)

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • No idea / Not noticed

Votes: 52 30.2%

• Total voters
actually i love the idea of physical trees, like in other game that already use the cry2. Now if u transfer this an a metropolitan PVP u can figure out that it will be not bad at all (this is my comment, i did not read the rest of this tread)

Secret hunting tax? :dunno:

I too like the idea of solid trees. t(''t spiders!

Since learning about the introduction of CE2 I've had visions of one day being able to snipe a big trox & watch it turn towards me, leaping over boulders, dodging past giant trees and crashing through smaller ones, splintering the branches.

I would like to see that also, but I can see it now, right out of the movies...:duh::laugh:
(You "might" want to turn down the volume for some of these, or even not bother to watch them... Personally, I turned them up)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jurassic-park-tribute/2113585158
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jurassic-park-1-stricken/3754569897

New creature's maybe?

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/retired-dinosaurs-of-jurassic-park-operation-genesis/3952916376

Mob vs mob?

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jurassic-park-iii-spinosaurus-vs-tiranosaurus-rex/2899509741

Or will it look like this?:D

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/rampager-trailer-teaser/1681817548(same lag)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/carnosaur-2-t-rex-versus-forklift/4203816825

Or worse!:eek:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/t-rex-animation/3984573530

But no matter what, I expect a good looking fight!:boxer:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jurassic-park-run-to-the-hills/3535480842

If nothing else and with any luck, the cry eng should bring in some new blood.:vampire:

Answer is simple..Money..

If a mob gets caught on something and you shoot once and get "Mob cant be harmed" message MA made a pec.

Before, someone had a concious at MA and decided we cant take all that money from ammo loss due to trees and slow connections from to too many solid objects. Now they are too used to the money they make from lag.

In the future if you are in the woods your bullet will hit a tree not a mob.. MA made a pec. Choppin down trees with guns is gonna be like standing in the ring emptying clip after clip into someone elses bank account. I have already noticed lately when shooting thru the hollow trees there is now something that interferes with hit rate already.

I know someone will call me a whiner so get over it. Bottom line is MA will not make anything that benifits us without first finding at least a few other ways to take before they implement that one thing. Its just gonna keep gettin more and more costly to play until enough of us stop playing be it temporary or permanatly that it affects the bottom line MA has set as minimum profit for themselves.

Hollow trees make sense to me, ditto rocks, especially if a mining claim is located in one or half in/out of one.....MA will need to stop that happening if they all become solids.

I've landed inside trees and large rocks when TPing a few times too, that would require fixing too wouldn't it?

t

trees work now? :scratch2:
damm that means that i have to watch where im going now.....

A lot of interesting answers and ideas...

CE2 allows to destroy environment but it is not mandatory.

If MA implements this feature in CryTopia, I guess it means that environement is solid. I can't imagine destroying a hologram, right?

Some people think that the calculation of collision should be server-side to disable hacks. I am not convinced but I am not a hack expert. It would be "Lag-opia Universe" if they do so. :laugh:

If trees are solid, then it may be necessary to have a rocket launcher to progress in some areas, destroying jungle in order to approach some mobs? Would be fun. Also it would give a good reason for the vehicles to be popular since they could allow progressing in dense jungle.

And about the money, yes sure we will have some surprises. I also hate spending a shot to read "creature stuck blabla" and if we can waste a shot in trees for sure I will only hunt in deserts. :cool:

Noone has posted anything about CP, arent the trees there solid?
Or is it just that you canot shoot through them?
Or was it just me?
:scratch2:

If a mob is stuck behind a tree then you would not be able to shoot (or sweat) it as the tree would be in your line of site. I don't really see this as a problem for MA. I agree it would make it more interesting to hunt higher level mobs - popping out from behind a tree, shooting, popping back again. It would encourage us to waste even more ammo!

CE2 allows to destroy environment but it is not mandatory.

If MA implements this feature in CryTopia, I guess it means that environement is solid. I can't imagine destroying a hologram, right?

If you listen to Reds interviews with MA you will know that MA hasn't decided really if they will implement this... If they do, however, it will regenerate within a minute or so...

How about Machetes specially designed to cut through thick jungles? Could be a new newb profession ;) "woodcutter"

If an Atrox would stick between two trees it should be able to break down the trees to get away :silly2:

i think i remember seeing somewhere that in crytopia the trees would be solid but we would be able to cut em down with gunfire :eek:

Oh yes the predator effect :wtg::laugh::cool: ......... contact

I can hide behind them and not get shot, more realistic...
Hope it's not a glitch or a bug, it adds the roleplay...

NICE :yay:

The trees at Twin annoy me.
When MA implemented decay on armor equipping, one of the justifications was reducing lag in crowded areas. So now they put psychedelic trees around Twin?
Bah humbug.

I would love to see the world all bugged, IMO trees and rocks + bushes that arent passable are much better than the, it costs money so i dont want to shoot on a tree, tree.

If the trees were just trees the game would be played much different, you cant see what is lurking behind the tree or bush, like cp, it would add a definately better gameplay to the game, also known as, some realism.

imo it would be great and let them bug all of amathera and eudoria.

Shooting tactics and ambushing tactics , here we come.

PVP would be great atlast, just throw in the normal strafing and you got yourselve a new customergroup. :p

There are trees and stones around this planet, which are solid since the beginning. These are rare, but they have always been with us...

...so my guess, it is a bug nothing else ;p

On a more fun note..you could be able to hunt birds of EU in the trees. Which also opens up for other mobs that could reside it trees for safety and ambush.

If they are gonna do something with vegitation I would say stay with the theory that this IS awilderness on a new worldand some vegitation would obviously be hostile. if anything at least a few poisonus ones here and there.

Make that Doctor skill truely worth the skills and not just a ped sink.

If a mob is stuck behind a tree then you would not be able to shoot (or sweat) it as the tree would be in your line of site. I don't really see this as a problem for MA.

Sorry, I meant between two trees. Imagine 2 trees separated by 1 meter.
You are attacked by an Atrox Old Alpha and escape between the trees (you have a RL brain). The AOA is larger than 1 meter and get stuck itself, and since Mobs have Highly-Superior-AI in this universe, its will not think "uuh im stuck, i'll go round these trees and kill that ridiculous gren dot, muhahah". :laugh:

If an Atrox would stick between two trees it should be able to break down the trees to get away :silly2:

Very clever answer. Mobs could destroy the environment too, and basta, no more path finding or stuck issues. You should work for MA. +Rep. ;)

2 points for Timmers for being the only one to mention mining! I like the trees and rocks the way they are. We already know mobs can spawn within objects and claims will appear in inaccessible places too. The last thing I want is more areas I can`t reach. Who will be the first to get a mining tower that they can`t access and MA says too bad? Not me I hope. That would definitely piss more than a few people off. And having them solid would render many areas simply unminable they have so much vegetation. My guess is that the solid objects can be determined and not just some bug and they are for as someone said preventing mob herding into towns and such. Any other reasons would be suspect or in my opinion not neccessary. At the very least it would be a pain in the ass. Unless of course you just want to use them as a shield or trap mobs.

i once saw a coin embedded in the concrete, should i call someone and claim the penny is mine and demand that they will digg it out ??

How about Machetes specially designed to cut through thick jungles? Could be a new newb profession ;) "woodcutter"

And just how many Machete (L)'s would it take to rise from Woodcutter 0 to Woodcutter 1?

~I

Hollogram trees and rocks are annoying. This all, compared with "The creature is in condition" makes the most stupid setting I've ever seen. I'm not the fan of insanely realistic environments. And I'm not the fan of being able to cut the trees with gatling gun. In EU this would mean more lag (because re-growth of plants would probably have been server managed) and since every shot means ammo and decay, I don't even want to see it as an option. Because I'm pretty sure that MA would overuse it just to make our costs of playing bigger. If they used this just as graphical feature, not lowering possibility to hit animal hiding in the bushes, it would be ok, but somehow I'm pretty sure plants would lower ability to hit the mob or damage we deal. If the trees could be cut with some tool (chainsaw e.g) to get wood from them, ok, fine with me. New profession, Lumberjack could be cool :D Then decay is ok, you have decay because you get some resource (as with mining for example). But I will always vote against this cry engine possibility of cutting through plants with gun in EU. Did I mention that we would need burst mode weapons for this (otherwise cutting through plants would be extremely slow and ammo consuming) and we don't have them here?
In my opinion trees and rocks should be solid. Animals trapped on them? So what about adjusting mobs's AI to avoid such collisions? BTW, in another game build with Gamebryo, published not long ago single player RPG, when you look closely, you will see that not mobs or character are avoiding trees, but trees avoid mobs and character :D Try lower graphics settings and take a look. Altough a bit funny, I still find it much better solution than holographic trees in EU.
Another few things that annoy me when I think about reality in EU: when I keep moving back when attacked by some mob, in many cases I end up with "This creature is in condition" message. WTF? If IRL someone or something attacked you (let it be a bear), would you stay like a pole in one place, or would you step back, trying to keep aggresive creature on some distance? Or why can't I build the trap to get some big mob in there and kill it? It's one of the oldest hunting strategies, yet unavailable in EU. I would love to spend some time building trap (even from stackables, shelves and so on, but can be also Spider Trap (L) bought from manufacturer), then luring some spider in and killing it inside. What's the problem with this? (yes, I remember that someone had ATH from trapped spider in the past, so what? He spend alot of time there anyway). This would add some nice thing to the gameplay. Not mentioning that using covers would make pvp more interesting.

they would have too have a repawn time or some sort of re-growth system in place other wise EU would look rather bare in a short period of time..
Think how much money MA would make though, with people just blasting trees down! :D

Jamhot

Arent there too much trees around?

Iff they all gonna be solid, its gonna be real hard too hunt, and what about mining claims, kinda annoying iff u cant reach em beacause they are between some trees ..

Diddnt read all posts some maybe this had been said before :)

Solid trees will/would seriously suck.

No auto run, youll get stuck on trees all over the place.

Ive had dozens of mining claims pop up in trees, if not hundreds, so then they would have to address that.

Had plenty of mobs behind trees attacking me, so you would need to move around the tree before firing, eating more decay on your armor, health bar.

Etc, lots of annoyance. Especialy if the collision detection for objects sucks, ive played games with crummy collision detection and solid trees, its not fun.

BTW, in another game build with Gamebryo, published not long ago single player RPG, when you look closely, you will see that not mobs or character are avoiding trees, but trees avoid mobs and character :D Try lower graphics settings and take a look. Altough a bit funny, I still find it much better solution than holographic trees in EU.

Uuuh, can you explain please?
Me tired after whole day hard work, me can't imagine. :)

I played the game with many gates to another plans (dimensions) opening here and there not long ago and since I prefere when game runs smoothly than has all graphical whatnots, I set just ok graphics settings. What was funny, trees become somehow 2D then, from distance they looked normally, but when I came close they were becoming flat. And it looked like they were mounted on some kind of axis, and when avatar was passing by, they were rotating. So they were not solid, but no holograms we can go through either (like we have in EU). Quite smart solution, I have to admit. Don't ask me how it is done though, I'm not a programmer :)
When I played this game before on higher graphical settings, I didn't notice such thing, so it seems it is some kind of game optimization for slower machines.

I played the game with many gates to another plans (dimensions) opening here and there not long ago and since I prefere when game runs smoothly than has all graphical whatnots, I set just ok graphics settings. What was funny, trees become somehow 2D then, from distance they looked normally, but when I came close they were becoming flat. And it looked like they were mounted on some kind of axis, and when avatar was passing by, they were rotating. So they were not solid, but no holograms we can go through either (like we have in EU). Quite smart solution, I have to admit. Don't ask me how it is done though, I'm not a programmer :)
When I played this game before on higher graphical settings, I didn't notice such thing, so it seems it is some kind of game optimization for slower machines.

Oh yes now I understand you. :)
Thanks for answering. (+Rep)

I also remember all old games where trees were 3 or 5 images ("sprites" was the old name) which were put together on the vertical axis.

In EU there is the same with grass on Eudoria, these are flat images which cross. :laugh: But at least my PC does not cry when I am on Eudoria grass, becasue on Amethera... :(

Back