Widescreen difference?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
I searched but couldn't find an answer:
Does using a widescreen monitor increase your peripheral vision?
In other words, how is the extra width used by EU?
What difference would I see if I put a standard monitor next to a widescreen one?

I find my widescreen makes the aspect ratio look weird so I use windowed mode... not bad really on the 24" widescreen..

...and no it does not increase the total view...

If you go to options and select the resolution of your monitor, it indeed does add to your view.

If you go to options and select the resolution of your monitor, it indeed does add to your view.

I was assuming he was asking about simply changing out the monitor...

Yep, it indeed does add to your peripheral vision.

But what is most important it looks and plays great on my 24" Dell Widescreen :yay:

You need a top-end graphics card though (or better two ;) , I recommend nVidia SLI) otherwise your speed will suffer.

There is one small but annoying issue connected with that though. Let's say you have EU installed on two machines - as I have :wtg:. One of them has widescreen but the second one has not (I am not so rich after all :D). Now, let's assume that you play on the machine with Widescreen. You need your INVENTORY / MAP (delete as appropriate depending on if you CRAFT or HUNT) off your way, don't ya? So you move it to the rightmost part of the screen - after all what for you will have otherwise all that extra breadth?

Now assume, that the next day is that treasured machine with widescreen occupied by some evil member of your household - younger sister for instance :mad:

No problemo mate, you have your back-up second computer! But beware - that is a regular monitor! What is your surprise if you open your INVENTORY / MAP and you cannot see them! They are placed within that extra space, which you on regular monitor don't have and cannot see - thus they remain for you completely unreachable :scratch2:

I will have to report this little, but highly annoying bug to MA someday.

If you go to the ingame options, and untick Ignore Resolution Changes, then when you play on the computer with only 1 monitor, does it pop up a request to reset the screensize and positions, as I thought that would place the inventory, map etc back on the single monitor?

Not sure about this Burgerman. Might try it. Though it could mess-up my icons arrangement, I fear :scared:

Yes, you vision on either side is greater.

On my laptop, when I visit the auction, the auction interface only takes up the middle bit of the screen, I can see what is going on at the sides.

On the desktop with a normal 4:3 resolution, the auction screen fills the display.

If you set your aspec to match your monitor, for example I have a 22" widescreen TFT monitor and use 16:10 aspect ratio.

This way I get much more peripheral viion in fullscreen and as I use the same aspect in windowed mode I get more peripheral vision there too :)

Back