Will there ever be any large cities in PE?

Murek Kapor

Young
Yes? No? Ive been itching to register just to ask this question. Would it be too much for the graphics engine to have a large city? The image of wandering through a futuristic (large) city is wonderful to think about.

Murek Kapor said:
Yes? No? Ive been itching to register just to ask this question. Would it be too much for the graphics engine to have a large city? The image of wandering through a futuristic (large) city is wonderful to think about.

Check out Hadesheim. ;)

Although an even larger city would be better!
I'd love a city to last beyond the games draw distance. If we keep this game alive I belive we'll see that happen in the future. :cool:

Thank you for agreeing with me, but where exactly is this place? Id like to see it for myself.

Eudoria Map

It's right there in the W/NW area. The big grey square area. :)

There's 4 TP's to collect their too.

wow thanks for the link the the map. Im going to go visit the big city now!

Murek Kapor said:
After 4 months of playing youd think Id see that on the map... Thanks alot!
woh did you get a mentor? 4 months and you havn't herd of Hadeshiem.

Your first goal in PE should always be to explore and get at least the 32 teleporters on Eudoria. that are on the link above i belive.

(p.s. if you need some more resources like this chek out my resoucres section on my soc website http://www.nothingandnowhere.co.nr )

Take your time and wander around murek... there are many things on Calypso that you might have missed :girl:
Hades is big, but regretfully it is not too populated, although there are some traders that do most of their business there as well as shopkeepers

I have actually had a mentor, and I still do. He's got pretty high standards, and unfortunately, he's never on any more. I did have a character in the past, maybe a year ago, and he was simply a wandering avatar. I got all the way to that unoficial outpost east of Fort Ithica withought getting killed more than twice! ;)

I think really big city needs loads of players or it looks just empty... you get the feeling of being in a city at Hadesheim but at least I think its a bit disturbing running along totally empty streets.

Essi said:
I think really big city needs loads of players or it looks just empty... you get the feeling of being in a city at Hadesheim but at least I think its a bit disturbing running along totally empty streets.
yeah, no kidding.... the first time i was there, i messaged everyone i knew (i had a full fl by my second day :eek: ) like "WTF?! was there some kind of ROBOT ATTACK?!"
yeah, i actually thought there had been a robot attack lol :D read about them in the guide somewhere....

i sooooo want to see some sort of city-planet in the future... like... whats it called, the planet in Star Wars thats one big city? courescant ? something like that... i want to see that happen when we begin "discovering" other planets... but there IS the problem of a graphics engine...

maybe, such a thing would be so expansive, the landscape wouldnt be compatible with any know video card!! oh wait, thats already happened... :D

Seems a shame that none of the apartments now available to players weren't placed in Hadesheim. Would have increased the numbers of people in the city.

SteinVoorhees said:
Seems a shame that none of the apartments now available to players weren't placed in Hadesheim. Would have increased the numbers of people in the city.

Yes. it was alot of people's guesses that the apartments would be placed in hadesheim. I think they should make apartments there aswell. I also think that the beautyshops shall be places there, and that there should be possible to open a store (not shopkeepers..) in businesslocals.

I don't think the problem is the engine, but the lack of people. Morrowind f.e is built with the same engine and has much nicer cities than PE.
I heard Marco say somewhere that it's very easy for them to create new places now, even entire planets. But they won't yet since they'd be so empty anyway. Same thing with Amethera, only a small part of it is aviable atm, but since there aren't enough people playing yet to use the area that's all we'll get for now.

Citys must have a function. Otherwise it is only a meeting point. As long as there are not more possibilities there most player will go out in the wilderness and try to have some fun there.

Actually u can trade and chat in cities, or hang around. There is not really a inducement to stay longer there, except of doing business a usual. Meet an auction, organize the personal inventory, repair and buy stuff from the terminals.

The "action" is made from the player and not from the system.

mjukis said:
I don't think the problem is the engine, but the lack of people. Morrowind f.e is built with the same engine and has much nicer cities than PE.
I heard Marco say somewhere that it's very easy for them to create new places now, even entire planets. But they won't yet since they'd be so empty anyway. Same thing with Amethera, only a small part of it is aviable atm, but since there aren't enough people playing yet to use the area that's all we'll get for now.
I think that will change after Land Grab and people start putting better mobs there. As for the cities we have now. The way they are designed makes them laggy i think because you look at when you goto Zchion and it's not nearly as laggy as Hades or Minopolis.

I say bomb them to look like Zchion and make them less laggy and have them have robots inhabit the streets. that would make for some great game play when you would be going down streets and through tunnels hunting robots....

RexDameon said:
I say bomb them to look like Zchion and make them less laggy and have them have robots inhabit the streets. that would make for some great game play when you would be going down streets and through tunnels hunting robots....

Now that is an idea I really like the sound of. :D

Rusty

now that would be a frickin storyline event.

robots destroy hadeshim as citizens of calypso leave it unprotected!

the central city tp (destroyed) would be the largest drone spawn, only the 'outer' city tp's turrets would still be intact

the marketplace would be moved intact to right beside the outer tp's, in a makeshift 'market square' type deal.

everything else reduced to rubble. leave the dancing skeleton.

Skam said:
Yes. it was alot of people's guesses that the apartments would be placed in hadesheim. I think they should make apartments there aswell. I also think that the beautyshops shall be places there, and that there should be possible to open a store (not shopkeepers..) in businesslocals.

I still think they should have aparments there. I would love to have an apartment (though currently I can't afford one). However, I would MUCH rather prefer it be in a non-pvp zone. The thought of getting killed everytime I try to get to my apartment is not appealing at all. :rolleyes:

Also, the idea of store rentals there would be great, as well as opening the 'buisness's' that are already there to the public. Maybe inside be able to buy the TT versions of the weapons, as well as have the 'mueseum', that someone mentioned in another thread. I think Hades has alot of potential! It's a shame MA's just leaving it for nothing.

Ona said:
I still think they should have aparments there. I would love to have an apartment (though currently I can't afford one). However, I would MUCH rather prefer it be in a non-pvp zone. The thought of getting killed everytime I try to get to my apartment is not appealing at all. :rolleyes:

Also, the idea of store rentals there would be great, as well as opening the 'buisness's' that are already there to the public. Maybe inside be able to buy the TT versions of the weapons, as well as have the 'mueseum', that someone mentioned in another thread. I think Hades has alot of potential! It's a shame MA's just leaving it for nothing.

Hades is an awesome city, and i too am surprised by its lack of use. The only thing i can think of is with all the graphics, if it were crowded it would be lagged to no end.

Apts should have been there. Why have a huge city if there is nothing there? As suggested before, if you are gonna do that, level it and at least make it some where to hunt.

Suicide

Suicide said:
Hades is an awesome city, and i too am surprised by its lack of use. The only thing i can think of is with all the graphics, if it were crowded it would be lagged to no end.

Suicide

Yes I presume this is why. I recall when I began playing 2 yrs ago one could not hardly walk into Hades without hellish lag. Now, of course, this is not the case really. But I do wonder how bad it might be if it were more populated :scratch:

Svetlana said:
Yes I presume this is why. I recall when I began playing 2 yrs ago one could not hardly walk into Hades without hellish lag. Now, of course, this is not the case really. But I do wonder how bad it might be if it were more populated :scratch:

:laugh: I remember that time. As soon as you set foot in it, you'd rubberband everywhere, and eventually get locked. How many times did MA get the 'Reset my avatar, please?' message.

Population is definitely part of the problem. Maybe if Hadeshime (or whatever XD) was the starting point, there would be more people. But the lag is another problem... :\

As previous stated there is heades, but its a gosht city I think it would benfit the game if the starting location of new avarts was changed from pa to haedes there for turnign hades into the center of the game as it is a great looking city.

The reson I think MA hasent done this and the reason i think there is only one large built up city like this is the anoumt of lag there would be, think how laggy it is in pa now add aload of high rised building and scenry to that ...

Back