Will Thorkell rise again?

Clipper

Guardian
Archie Clipper Moonsail
The Legend of Thorkell's Tomb :coffee:

The coolest shops on Calypso are those underground in New Oxford. :cool: Beneath the Deer Building, next to the Art Galleries, you can lose yourself in a unique shopping experience. The shops are a major attraction in New Oxford, but... :scratch2:

A year ago the auctions finished for the quirky shops in Thorkell's Tomb. Eight new shopkeepers quickly began to set up shop and briefly the Tomb sprang into life. Then the curse kicked in :vampire:

Thorkell's Tomb shops boast generous indoors item points so that they can hold plenty of stock to invite curious shoppers to try to find the place. However, the shops are flawed and they can only stock a maximum of ten items each :duh:

After several weeks of wrangling with Entropia Support shop owners were obliged to surrender their deeds and received a refund of the purchase price for the shops. Fixing Thorkell's Tomb was made 'high priority' in March 2007 and there the legend rests waiting for a new chapter to begin. But, don't hold your breath :zzz:

While the other basement shops ply their trade Thorkell's Tomb lies dark and still. Recent visitors who stumble across the Tomb may wonder why everything is in darkness. Who are the ghostly estate owners and where is all their stock? Is this some kind of monument, a memorial perhaps or maybe a joke? Well, yes, it is, all three. If you want to save PED go shopping in Thorkell's Tomb! :laugh:

The last year has seen a lot of changes to Entropia Universe and many amazing additions. With new graphics, new creatures, loads of new items, shopping malls, banks and even rumours of a whole new planet! All that work, all that development, all that stuff going on. :jawdrop: The only change to Thorkell's Tomb in the last 12 months is that the dust down there lies a whole lot thicker :computer:

Anyone entering the Tomb by chance be not afraid. :eek: The place isn't haunted. The eerie noises down there are merely the fading echoes of the wailing and sighing of disenchanted shopkeepers trapped forever in a trading limbo :banghead:

Is the 'design error' in Thorkell's Tomb shops so bad that it just cannot be fixed? :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Happy Birthday Thorkell, it's a shame your first year was spent fruitlessly spinning in your grave :( I'll re-texture your coffin in Frigulite Stone, just how you like it, if I ever achieve a high enough skill level. Not much of an offer, I know, but I hope it might make you feel a little bit less neglected. You couldn't be more so. :cry:

Interesting..

I love haunted houses.. You have peeked my interest and I will check it out immediately after this update stops updating the updates... who knows it'll be gone once I can finally log in again and there will be a new planet available..lol

Great reading.
Wonder how I missed this small piece of storyline in the first place. Thx for bumping it up from the dust of one-liners. :thumbup:

Duely awarded and rep'ed for the sake of a gifted writer.

Great reading.
Wonder how I missed this small piece of storyline in the first place. Thx for bumping it up from the dust of one-liners. :thumbup:

Duely awarded and rep'ed for the sake of a gifted writer.

Another upset owner of two of the lots I somehow missed this too! Well bumped and great read.

We were all so excited with our new purchases and all met on many days down in the tomb shops making a nice little community and arranging our wares for sale only to have to give them back again. Such a sad state of affairs and all this time later we are still waiting to be first in line to get our little properties back :(

wonder what could be happen down there, to have a shop running in darkness, ran a while ago. low respond to the shop, very few visitor, but should be a cool place to have something "undergroud" type of activity lol, such as , human trafficking, (society recruiting), underground red light district :) nadia, you could make a very famous caberat show lol.

I'd love to have one of these places! :D

I'd love to have one of these places! :D

Well I got one back in 2007, but now I have to wait that MA fix this place and give back these nice shops.

It looks like Thorkell's Tomb has been filled in. :(

Presumably, the archeaological workings under the Deer Building in New Oxford were completed some time ago and the boorum caves have been sealed forever. :rolleyes:

Rest in peace Thorkell. :cry:

Thorkell's Tomb Shop No. 9 - Before
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But, wait! The New Oxford site has been razed to the ground and a shiny new shopping mall has been constructed in it's place. All the underground shops including Thorkell's Tomb shops have all been moved into the new mall. :)

Thorkell's Tomb Shop No. 9 - After
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Long live Thorkell! :yay:

Hmm, not sure the new shops have quite the same atmosphere of the spooky tomb setting. Oh well, there must be other selling points. :scratch2:

A unique shopping experience could still be just a version upgrade, or three, away. Where else can you shop in a tomb shop that's, erm, not in a tomb and looks just like any other shop? :kos:

Thorkell's name lives on but I feel something seems to have got lost along the way. :hammer:

Tomb shop owners in waiting prepare your PED cards. Are you ready? :deal:

Last edited:
Back