Win 1674 EFD

Deity A

Old Alpha
Society
retired
Deity Acronoid
Win 42*42EFD for the best parody of a quote that handles about EU/PE.

something like

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the lootpool is about and how it works, it will instantly disappair and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

original:

Adams Douglas said:
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Rules,
:wise: you must state the original quote with it; the author, and where it comes from.
:wise: you may have more then one entry
:wise: It may be quote from anything that ever has been written down, but SF and humour are favoured.

Extra: 420EFD for the one that guesses where I found the quote (complete book name); and quote the extra sentence (not included in my book) sometimes added to it.
and the winner is nahtanos

For the fans: 420EFD for the one that knows on what page the quote is written (page number); in the editions laying on my lap atm

for the real smart asses: what sentence typed into the google calculator returns the number 42 and yet is not a mathimatical equation. (420 EFD) (answered by corrie)

Last edited:
"There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

The Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Chances of tracking down page number are minimal (books still packed following a recent move lol. And my edition is prolly different from yours, anyway)

But may I guess... 42?

(and if i'm wrong may i let my infinite number monkeys have a go? :D)

I reponded to something FIRST for once. Woot! :yay:

jay

(hurries off to open crates of books)

the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything = 42

The Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Chances of tracking down page number are minimal (books still packed following a recent move lol. And my edition is prolly different from yours, anyway)

But may I guess... 42?

(and if i'm wrong may i let my infinite number monkeys have a go? :D)

I reponded to something FIRST for once. Woot! :yay:

jay

(hurries off to open crates of books)

1 yes, thats the line
2 title is totally wrong (because I only bought one book *hint*)

= 0 efd for fillin' the qoute or maybe 210 ???
edit: ok, 42EFD for the first to response then.

If you've got the same edition as I, then it is written in
page 148 in "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

If you've got the same edition as I, then it is written in
page 148 in "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

not the same edition, but the title is getting warmer...

Hint: the book shows 3 planets on it, and no smiley green/brownisch orbisch things like some other versions...

I think I know the edition you're talking about,
but I'm not buying it for mere 420 EFDs. :laugh:

So, my first entry. It's dumb but I'm sure hunters will love it. :D

Quote: From "I Robot" by Isaac Asimov

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Parody: The Three Precepts of a Good Mob by MA Standards.

1. A mob may not give loot to a colonist or, through inaction, allow a colonist to gain loot.
  2. A mob must kill any colonist approaching it, especially when such action may lead to further decay of (L) armor.
  3. A mob must run to a nearby turret as long as there are no armored or armed colonists in sight.

I think I know the edition you're talking about,
but I'm not buying it for mere 420 EFDs. :laugh:

So, my first entry. It's dumb but I'm sure hunters will love it. :D

Quote: From "I Robot" by Isaac Asimov

[/LIST]

Parody: The Three Precepts of a Good Mob by MA Standards.

[/LIST]

You could buy it for 420ped and still have money to read the first chapter at a bar (well atleast I did :D )

Nice quotation btw,

and if I might add the the extended robot laws for miners:
- robots must land their spaceship on the most unreachable places between the most annoying mobs around. :rolleyes:

- robots ships may only appear to miners that forgot to bring ammo :D

Sorry, i tried to resist douglas adams, but i can't, i just can't
Planet Calypso: where spirits are brave, stakes are high, men are real men, women are real men, and small grublike creatures from Eudoria are real pains in the butt

And the original:
In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri
from The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy

Last edited:
:lolup: keep 'm comming :)

btw, it is impossible to resist the hitchhickers guide to the galaxy

to find the book title and the page of the quote, here's another tip:
CPI Macays have bound a catern too much in my version of the book
hurry to your bookshelves...

A HOF at rest remains at rest and a HOF in linear rotation remains in rotation with constant velocity until and unless a newbie kills a Daikiba Young

Newtons First Law of motion said:
A body at rest remains at rest and a body in linear motion remains in motion with constant velocity until and unless an external force is applied on it.

Every 'loot' has an equal and opposite 'no loot'.

Newtons Third Law of motion said:
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. That is whenever a first body exerts a force F on a second body, the second body exerts a force −F on the first body. F and −F are equal in size and opposite in direction.

You can give no loot to some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not give no loot to all of the people all of the time

Abraham Lincoln said:
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy defines the Marketing Division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation as "a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes." It is notable that a future edition of The Encyclopedia Galactica fell through a wormhole in time, and its entry for the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation is "a bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came."

The average player defines the balancing department at MindArk...

I think no need to write more. :yay:

Many seek fortunes, miners with claims, crafters with books, and hunters with time

Alexander Pope said:
Manners with fortunes, humours turn with climes, Tenets with books, and principles with times.

The loot is so dynamic these days that the player who says he cannot get a HOF is generally interrupted by a player getting it

Fosdick said:
The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.

I tried a completely different approach :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTdD1QqsrfI[/YOUTUBE]​

Bryan Skalmadams said:
I got my first real blueprint
traded it for my Swine
Clicked it ´til my fingers bled
It was the summer of ´09

Me and some guys from school
Had a soc and we skilled real hard
Jimmy broke, Jody chipped out
I shoulda known we´d never get far

Oh when i look back now
Those peds seemed to last forever
And if i had the choise
Ya - i´d always autoclick dampers
Those were the best days of my life

Ain´t no use in complaining
When you got an hof overdue
I spent my evenings always crafting
And thats when i met you yeah!

Standing by your Tool Machine
You told me you´d borrow a blueprint
Oh and when you saw its QR
I knew it was time to uber
Those were the best days of my life

Oh yeah! It was the summer of ´09

Whether you think you can profit or whether you think you can't, you're right

Henry Ford said:
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.

If you have it [PED], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.

(bit too easy :laugh:)

Sir James M. Barrie said:
If you have it [Love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.

Hunting is the path to losses. Hunting leads to decay. Decay leads to repairs. Repairs lead to depositting.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Star Wars, George Lucas

Last edited:
Wow nice approauch rich chi :eek: :laugh:

I'll keep this thread for a while longer open. I'll make a poll for the best ones.

I'dd use an innocent hand to pick the winner, but I haven't harvested any innocent hands lately; and you know how it is with hands, they stick their fingers into anything they shouldn't every chance they get...

btw, still 420efd to win for the one that can give me the complete book title (how simple can it be, I already had the 2 most obvious wrong answers, there is only one left...)

And if anyone would happen to have the same edition as me, just look up on what page the the phrase stands. (hint: the page itself is not numbered on the bottum but the numbering contiues, just take the follow, or rather the folowing following page and substract 2 from it)
hint2: if you don't have the edition but happen to be at a bookshop, it's a great change it is this edition ;)

Remember, an ATH comes from mining. But beware. Bombs, amps, finders. Expensive are they. Once you start mining, forever you will need more. Disciple... Disciple... do not.. do not underestimate the powers of the Entropedia or suffer a depositing fate you will. Disciple, when gone am I... nobody to answer your questions there is. Disciple, the markup runs high on these ores. Pass on what you have learned, Disciple. There is... another... noob... to mentor."

“Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.” Star Wars, George Lucas

Last edited:
Murphy's law:
If something has the possibility of going wrong, it will do so at the worst possible time, in the worst possible manner.

Update's Law:
If a VU has the possibility of infuriating the gamers, it will do so by arriving at the latest possible time, with the worst possible new features.

Murphy's law:

Update's Law:

:wise: murphy's law is an important part inside radarworks that make up the mysterious thing often discribed as the loot system/pool. :D

on another note, a interesting intermezzo (also called a smart bump, not to be confused with bumping something with a german car the size of a carton box)

Did you know the google main building (googleplex) is named after a hyperintelligent computer from the hitchhickers guide; namely the googleplex star thinker whom is said about to calculate the trajectory of every single dust particle throughout a five-week Aldebaran sand blizzard. :eek:

keep em comming, I'll keep the thread open till the 2nd august, after wich I'll make a public poll counting the best entries.
And there may, or may not be something added to the prize pool... ;)

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Not sure what edition or page yet...but still looking...^_^

and will get back with some quotes.....

Our whole way of playing today is dedicated to the making of Peds. Creation to deletion we are Planning, theorizing, and speculating how to make Peds- and if we give up, MA stands ready with Updates of every size.

Our whole way of life today is dedicated to the removal of risk. Cradle to grave we are supported, insulated, and isolated from the risks of life- and if we fall, our government stands ready with Band-Aids of every size.
- Shirley Temple Black

The darkest hour of anyone's EU life is when they sit down to plan how to get Peds without earning them.

The darkest hour of any man's life is when he sits down to plan how to get money without earning it.
- Horace Greeley

Peds are for spending.

Riches are for spending.
- Francis Bacon

this is actually more interesting than I thought it would be...thanks for the great contest! ^^

Just in case the full title needs more description:

Douglas Adams

A trilogy in five parts

and as a random guess...since I do not have this book and I am not currently in a book store...page 243...I do know based on the internet that it is 784 pages if that helps anyone else for guessing page numbers ^_-

Just in case the full title needs more description:

Douglas Adams

A trilogy in five parts

Finally, someone comes up with the full title :yay:

and 420EFD comes your way :)

another smart bump (no, still not an accident with that matchbox car I mentioned a few posts back).

If you know how the babelfish thingy works (means you read the first book) how is it possible to talk to someone without one. He/she/it may be very comprehensible to your babelfish implanted ear/brain. But your language will most certainly not be undestood by one not having one. :confused: Unless the fish also alters the brainwaves in the speechcenter (area of broka in earthlings), wich was not stated. Still several conversation had been held with species that had no babelfish (vogon to humans at the destruction of earth for example)
something to think about, or not :)
If you choice the later you can instead rewrite your favourite quote/song/one-liner/... to fit into EU. ;)

The answer is simple:

The Babelfish is so God-denyingly useful that everybody takes it for granted that you have one. Babelfish are to Vogons what English is to Entropia Forum:
It might be optional but without it you might as well stop existing. :laugh:

And... maybe they had a Babelfish program running through the speakers so that everybody would understand what they were saying before demolishing Earth?

C'mon, I know you all have good quotes to mutulate to fit entropia. So why don't you write one. Competition will end on sunday!

Back