Question: Withdrawing funds to a US bank

Frigid

Bane of Bots
Society
Freelancer
Joan "Frigid" Yaya
I've never withdrawn before, but deposited plenty ;).

I went in to my bank to get the international routing number, but it's just my regular ABA routing. I'd just plop that in, but I see I get charged 700 PEDs for a *failed* transfer, so I don't want to give MA any.

So, for US players, have you had any problems just using your ABA routing number to make a withdrawl?

My bank gave me the number and my withdrawal worked. It was not the same as my routing number.

I printed out the form with the information that MA requested, brought it to my bank and had them fill it out so I knew it would be correct. Then, I transfered the information to the online form and made my withdrawal.

You need to ask your bank if they can receive international wire transfers directly or if they use an intermediary bank. If they use an intermediary, it will not work. Large national banks like BofA process their own and can be used. Also, MA should warn you if they think it'll be a problem. At least they warned me...

Dont you have banks "SWIFT" code (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) and your own IBAN (International Bank Account Number)

Those 2 info are ALL you need to recv your cash, and it cant get lost if u got those right.

Regards

I.

Ok...thanks for all the answers.

My bank is a Credit Union, and the teller did say there might have to be an intermediary bank. I do have a BofA credit card, so maybe I can open an account with them. I used to...maybe I still do?

I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

"Entropia ATM Cards"...yeah, right...;)

Thanks again,

Frigid

Ok...thanks for all the answers.

My bank is a Credit Union, and the teller did say there might have to be an intermediary bank. I do have a BofA credit card, so maybe I can open an account with them. I used to...maybe I still do?

I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

"Entropia ATM Cards"...yeah, right...;)

Thanks again,

Frigid

That is a bit weird...
only did a short search on http://www.swift.com/bsl/index.faces and got quite a lot of SWIFT/BICs which are connected (unless your bank is not in Canada, they would be false).
The mayority of the banks are connected and IBAN is a common standard, but even without an international transfer is possible as long as the bank ist connected.
Maybe ask another bank-teller?
A lot of asian countries do not use IBANs, but most western do.

That is a bit weird...
only did a short search on http://www.swift.com/bsl/index.faces and got quite a lot of SWIFT/BICs which are connected (unless your bank is not in Canada, they would be false).
The mayority of the banks are connected and IBAN is a common standard, but even without an international transfer is possible as long as the bank ist connected.
Maybe ask another bank-teller?
A lot of asian countries do not use IBANs, but most western do.

Due to the way that they are set up, Mindark does not have the ability to process a wire transfer to a bank that uses an intermediary on the receiving end. When they explained it to me, I was disappointed, but not interested enough to ask for a detailed explanation.

When I first started to withdraw, I spoke to several Credit Unions and local banks in Michigan where I was at the time. The branch managers all understood when I asked about intermediary banks, even if the tellers didn't always.

After going through the same conversation several times without finding anyone who could process their own international transfers, I broke down and went to Bank of America. I think it took all of 20 minutes and $50 for an initial deposit and I was out the door. The hardest part was going through the enormous booklet of check and check card themes to decide which one I wanted.

After going through the same conversation several times without finding anyone who could process their own international transfers, I broke down and went to Bank of America. I think it took all of 20 minutes and $50 for an initial deposit and I was out the door. The hardest part was going through the enormous booklet of check and check card themes to decide which one I wanted.

I'm sure you chose the kittens. Good call!

I checked on my BofA webpages and I can apply for an account online. Like I said, already have a couple credit cards with them.

I'll print the page like someone mentioned above, and if they still look at me like I have no eyelids, I'll just get a BofA account and just cancel it after I get all me munnies out of MA.

Thanks!

i never had any problems..you just need swift ,iban ,your account and personal stuff. They are very very serious..if you ask me.

Back