Question: Would you recommend the profession Whipper?

Bill TheGalactic Hero
Hi there, I'm considering starting the whipper profession. I would like to inform myself beforehand what advantages and disadvantages the whole thing brings with it? Do you have the same opportunities or the opportunity to hunt eco etc. at a higher level with this profession? Is it on the low level also eco?

Will there be something like amps for it later on or how do I cover / manage the damage? Since I am sure that I would like to hunt a lot of low level mobs in the beginning, I would like to use a UL Whipper. Which is the best to start with and which L would be good to start with? Thanks for the information

Essentially whipping is like any other melee profession.
So if melee with all its pros (lots of Evade, HP) and cons (constant shrapnel surplus) is the playing style you like, then why not?

The mentioned Adjusted Boiga indeed is a very good weapon.
With its DPS, EFF and DPP it is BY FAR the cheapest unlimited weapon compared to all other competing UL weapons. Usually it is priced around TT+400 (Aug 2021), while UL guns with the same stats can cost 10x more..

If Pets ever will see a serious revival by MA, then you will have a headstart with your whipping and taming skills.

You will need to skill up with (L) whips till you max the Boiga, because all other UL whips suck.

Last edited:
Just go for the Bolga Adj.
if you miss levels, use some Knife to rise it to 18 or some low MU whips from the AH
There is a cons... its SLOW as damage, and LOW dps (23 before amping)
a khorum ice dagger (UL) is about same power, to understnad the kind of weapon
it is already bad against Argo L10 so be sure that you want to kill monster in the 10....250 Hp
on the good side it is funny to whip them to death :)

@ Korin Dante allow me to disagree

I put in the weapon comapre the Original bolga against 3 "comparables"
and ... apart being the blade you suggest dealing 60% of the damge od the bolga adj,
1. the nearest comparabe at 110% markup (38...39 ped per item TT 35) is the SB-15 armatrix with a similar DPP and EFF
(accounting the slightly better eff and slightly lower DPP i consider them equivalent)
2. LSB6 is indeed cheap as Markup, but for the reason that IT SUCKS. DPP is under 2.75 and eff is lower than Bolga (at 105% MU, at 103 it is 2.78)

index.php

You got some of the most eco weapons like Adjusted whip with Trauma 6

Yes, but pretty low DPS, which is the biggest limitation of Whipper. That might be okay depending on which mobs you are going for, but it's something to be aware of.

The Next Island series of swords seems to be a bit better in the long run:

Dominax Original Boiga, Adjusted: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=2351
Archon's Sword: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1118
Hero's Sword: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1129
Philosopher's Sword: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1117

The Boiga has better efficiency and DPP than the Philospher's with a tradeoff with lower DPS at a similar price point. After that though, Hero's and Archon's are better than the Boiga in pretty much all stats. Archon is getting spendier than it used to be as people have picked up on it, but Hero still can be found under 1k sometimes.

3.2 dmg/pec, 69 dps. That is endgame with a tier 10 boiga adjusted full of dmg enhancers and trauma 6 imp. + easter 2021 and perfected ares.

Very low ceiling. But its kind of fun, whipping things.

Devo would highly recommend the whipper profession.

The whip weapon is meant for taming mobs and making pets. With the pet taming process, low, slow and careful damage (especially at the beginning levels) is the name of the game, to give time to tame the creature before you accidentally kill it.

Can you hunt with it? Sure, but that's not it's main objective.

Taming is fun, but the profits are supposed to come from the selling of pets, not so much the mostly bad markup loot those mobs have.
The trouble is the pet market is completely saturated. You'll TT 99% of the pets you make. (technically not TT, but close enough)

Also, in terms of higher level hunting in the future, whips are not going to take you far.

If you want fun melee at the beginner range, short blades (and to some extent, power fists) have some good starting options that open many doors for you quickly. Longblades (swords) are higher damage but slower. But they also offer lots of options as you move up the ladder.

Last edited:
Back