Yet another roll back

Rony

Prowler
Society
BAHQ
Jhony Rony Macaroni
I just got informed that MA removed vehicles from LG events. With removal of RMB, LG was rolled back to old times pre VU10.

got changed to:

hahahaha :D

That's MA for you

Yep, no more noob-auto-spamming the rmb and hiding in vehicles.

Yep, no more noob-auto-spamming the rmb and hiding in vehicles.

But ofc bringing 1000 cows to lay poo is ok, isnt so?

But ofc bringing 1000 cows to lay poo is ok, isnt so?

If someone is going to do that at LG, I want to know so I can be there to watch. :laugh:

If someone is going to do that at LG, I want to know so I can be there to watch. :laugh:

That is the way your friends bothered us on LG over the past year, use the forum search for pictures and movies.
But my purpose wasnt starting another argument, I was only signaling the rollback. Would have been polite if MA would have post a dev note letting us know..

That is the way your friends bothered us on LG over the past year, use the forum search for pictures and movies.
But my purpose wasnt starting another argument, I was only signaling the rollback. Would have been polite if MA would have post a dev note letting us know..

Oh, mob trains. MA said they were allowed in pvp combat, so... there were vehicles to hide from them.

So are vehicles not allowed in entire pvp area, or just near the claim rod? If the whole area, then mob trains will have to be done the old way.

That's weird, I can remember seeing a large spawn of falxanxius inside the fort while you were all hiding in quad's when you took our land last week. Must have been coincidentally there I guess.

Love how there is no change log for this..

why remove vehicles from pvp when that's the whole reason vehicles were really intended for? What next... no ships in space since it's pvp?

why remove vehicles from pvp when that's the whole reason vehicles were really intended for? What next... no ships in space since it's pvp?

well the forts do have all kinds of hiding places and half-life esque factory style hallways for pvp. these are currently not really used. There isn't really any excitement by trying to destroy vehicles in order to get to the people. So I do get the "we don't want people to hide in vehicles" thing. But there are other solutions to accomplish that for example by creating a glass roof on top of the forts.. problem solved. then every vehicle has to come through one of the gates. If you make the gates small enough so they can't get through or only one kind of vehicle (like a valk and hoverpods) and make sure spawning vehicles inside the fort is disabled, then vehicle pvp can still continue outside the fort. Now an air vehicle simply lands inside the fort and gets out. If people have to actually go through the tunnel systems and maybe create some underground passageways, it would add to the excitement. Also make sure mobs cannot enter the fort, so mob training is useless

well the forts do have all kinds of hiding places and half-life esque factory style hallways for pvp. these are currently not really used. There isn't really any excitement by trying to destroy vehicles in order to get to the people. So I do get the "we don't want people to hide in vehicles" thing. But there are other solutions to accomplish that for example by creating a glass roof on top of the forts.. problem solved. then every vehicle has to come through one of the gates. If you make the gates small enough so they can't get through or only one kind of vehicle (like a valk and hoverpods) and make sure spawning vehicles inside the fort is disabled, then vehicle pvp can still continue outside the fort. Now an air vehicle simply lands inside the fort and gets out. If people have to actually go through the tunnel systems and maybe create some underground passageways, it would add to the excitement. Also make sure mobs cannot enter the fort, so mob training is useless

This is how the event was designed one year ago:

Once again, I am only signaling that MA rolled back the LG event to pre VU10 + mob trains allowed, which means it will be used 90% of the time, so LG becomes rather a cow herding contest.
Ofc, its MA universe, they can do whatever they want, I am not arguing their decision.

This is how the event was designed one year ago:

Once again, I am only signaling that MA rolled back the LG event to pre VU10 + mob trains allowed, which means it will be used 90% of the time, so LG becomes rather a cow herding contest.
Ofc, its MA universe, they can do whatever they want, I am not arguing their decision.

And throwing a rock or two in Ck's direction in the process, which you seem to do more often lately.

Fair point however.. Mindark rolls it all back again.

Did Land Grab just get easier or harder? :wise:

If you cant fly back to the fort after you die then the advantage goes to the current lg area holder because they could snipe u or rocket your ass off as you run to the fort after jumping in close to the fort, dodging mob of course and the fort turrets on your way into the fort will be difficult or impossible depending on the lg area.
If MA wanted to put a stop to mob trains they just had to put turrets at the entrance to the gates of the forts ->problem solved.
If theres no flying then theres no air battles and thats a real disapointment.So if this is true its a pretty stupid turn of events for lg.
This only ensures that our soc will control lg areas for a very long time and i dont see any other soc's bothering to challenge us.. . . . . Oh ok free ped for us Cool:)

Only the claim rod circle is a no fly zone. So you can still drag mobs in.

Not sure this is yet a good solution.

Only the claim rod circle is a no fly zone. So you can still drag mobs in.

Not sure this is yet a good solution.

No, ofc, takes hours to secure a land with many resets. Most of the time you fight mobs. Its not a PVP event anymore but a mob fapping and syncronised ballet between revive and claim.

No, ofc, takes hours to secure a land with many resets. Most of the time you fight mobs. Its not a PVP event anymore but a mob fapping and syncronised ballet between revive and claim.

Lets be clear, dont bring mob in, we won't, don't use TP to save your life, we won't.. now lets just have fun, mano a mano like i told you early

Another step towards the right way !

Now we just need to make the land areas be open for claim less often like onces every 2-3 month to make it more of a soc event where people prepp for the lands instead of just being claimed by the people who got most people online at the most bizzare hours every now and then.

But this "fix" looks to raw to be somethign final.
I think they just made it like this while they try fixing something more substantial

Another step towards the right way !

Now we just need to make the land areas be open for claim less often like onces every 2-3 month to make it more of a soc event where people prepp for the lands instead of just being claimed by the people who got most people online at the most bizzare hours every now and then.

But this "fix" looks to raw to be somethign final.
I think they just made it like this while they try fixing something more substantial

Thats how it was pre VU10. It will return back to what it was, not a PVP event but a chance for top societies to make free ped as they always do.

Back