• Pros and cons of Opening boxes vs depositing

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Realistic pathway to slow but possible profit vs unrealistic ATH chance

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

deathception

Guardian
Bambideath deathception durka
how many people think we need more turorial videos explaining more in depth mechanics of activities in eu?, I see videos on youtube and they have information but as a new player i believe having more focus on say for example mining how depth,radius for efficent drop , enmatter vs ore and other professions . Its possible i missed those videos if they do exist but since atm im working on pvp montage videos/ strategies for pvp i would like to maybe make videos of insights of my experience and what ive seen from others into a series of episodes for people to use a reference, im not the most knowledgeable but ive learned what not to do from my mistakes so let me know if people would want to know about them . Like always criticism is always welcome it helps me understand and learn from others.

Last edited:
A lot of these ideas sound really good. I've grown concerned that the modern bombardment of new (and not so new) players with more and more mission-driven and otherwise prepackaged user experiences is starting to blind significant portions of the community to the multifaceted, decentralized totality of what the Entropia concept has to offer. Guiding new Entropians' toward thinking about these types of trade-offs rather than just asking "What am I 'supposed' to be doing next?" might be a key step toward countering the ever-narrowing tacit narrative of what being an Entropian looks like.

yea i get asked all the time what should i do?. I always ask them what goal they have and they always say idk just hunt and hope to hit big one or that they want to learn to profit. So i always offer them the choice . Do you want to hunt fast to get bigger levels at a high price or do you want to keep your losses at minimal at a slower rate , i dont tell them what mob to hunt or where what i offer them is the logic of smaller mobs that have a chance of Mu vs hunting bigger mobs with MU and understanding bankroll plays a part as well as each mob moves faster or slower as well as regen and optimal ways to increase their dpp at low levels. I do believe that the beauty of the game is that you have the power to do anything from hunting to get hofs or to be more smart about managing losses and killing mobs for a specific item/goal so i hope to give players the thinking logic so they don’t quit right away

MA also needs to do their part in the UE5 version and make a new player experience/tutorial that helps players smoothly integrate with the mechanics of the game rather than throw them out on their ass.

I think entropia just needs exposure in general, marketing, push more towards new players and put in front of new players. Cyrene and toulan are great starting planets and have huge new player aspects. But it needs marketing.... the plan suppossedly that ive heard is UE5 is to be placed on steam??? thats a huge audience and will bring players. But there needs to be more exposure in my opinion

Exposure is good but if you go in the game with 100$ and lose it within a week retention will be an issue, im more focused on showing the new players/ average playerbase how you can lose ped fast with bad decisions or show them how to do the same activity but mitigate losing the money right away and building your skills to slowly turn your returns back up with some potential MU, that will allow players with a good grasp of the game and allow them to possibly develop their own goals and strategies for the game longterm , its easy to hype EU by saying come make money , the hard part is keeping players because nobody shows them the basics of economy , its like school, they teach you abc 123?”, but not taxes and budget and saving

MA también necesita hacer su parte en UE5 y crear una nueva experiencia/guía para el jugador que ayude a los jugadores a integrarse perfectamente con las mecánicas del juego en lugar de desecharlas. Necesitamos un compañero para cargar con estas cosas.

I created a YouTube series earlier this year that covers almost all the stuff discussed here. I wanted to breakdown the basics of Entropia and it was in the format of 2-5 minute quick videos explaining specific EU topics in detail.

Here is the first video on mining:

Game cant spoon feed players information. Its meant to be an open sandbox game where you the player and community find stuff out. I think Mindark is giving away too much information latley and thats why stuff becomes too boring too quick.

for the love of god please not another video that explains what mining is, or what hunting is, or what crafting is, there are hundreds of them all explaining the same stuff again and again, they are boring and dont teach/show anything remotely meaningful or fun for the game

we dont need them guides/tutorial videos, there is an overdose of content out there relative to our very small playerbase. if you want to make content please make it anything but yet another guide/tutorial

Back