EntropiaForum Chatroom

Site Admin
Admin
I am excited to announce the new EntropiaForum chatroom!

A new link is now available in the navigation bar for the chat room. You must be logged in to EntropiaForum to access this chat.

This chat supports many cool features such as:

• Private Messaging: One-click private messaging to other users in the chatroom
  • Private Chatrooms: Users can create private a chat room, with an optional password
  • IRC Style Commands: Quick keyboard shortcuts for commonly used commands like: /me /join /time /msg /away /invite
  • Emoticons: Many of the more familiar EF smileys are available in the chatroom.
  • Audicons: Entropia Universe-themed sounds can be played using shortcuts
  • Moderated Guest Chat: For large-scale interviews with EU personalities, special guests, etc.
  • EU-themed chatroom avatars.
  • User profiles: Quick links to profile and latest posts of chatroom users.
  • Floating Window Mode: The chatroom can be launched in a separate window, allowing you to play EU in windowed mode, or continue browsing EF at the same time.

For information on using all the features of the chat room, take a look at the
EF Chatroom Guide.

This chat is a great way to stay in contact with your friends from EU and EF, especially using windowed mode. Also great for private society chats.

Alll of the normal forum rules apply to the chatroom. No flaming, abusive behvaior, etc. All chats in the main chatroom should be in English. For chat in other languages, you can create a private room.

Enjoy!

:tux:

**Note: It helps if you disable any popup blockers when using the chatroom, since some of the external links in the menus and posted URLs will get blocked otherwise**

Last edited:
fantastic

too short...

Nice feature :)

Had a bit of fun there earlier :thumbup:

Now back in to the game :D

I will give it a go, but i don't think anything beats good old IRC ;)

Cool feature.

:Slaps Rip around a bit.

:yay:

woot awesome :D

Any ideas when you will have this working for FF users??

Any ideas when you will have this working for FF users??

Should be fixed within 24 hours. For now, you can certainly use IE just to load up the chat room, then use FF for normal browsing.

Should be fixed within 24 hours. For now, you can certainly use IE just to load up the chat room, then use FF for normal browsing.

I know - thanks 711 :)

I tried the chat earlier today, it was great fun. I'll pop in from time to time. =)

Whoooo hoooo! Another chat to keep me from doing homework! lol

Need for it to work with Opera too! :wise:

Edit: a few more things that might be an idea to implement:
1) in regular irc you have a feature that when you write a letter and then hit the tab-button you browse through the nicknames on the channel, so you dont have to write the whole nick, making the /msg (beeing case sensetive and all) much more easy.
2) the /msg function without opening a new window: you should also have the messages you write to a person shown in "whisper"-mode on the all-chat room, like it is when you recive from people. Then you can see that the message is sent from your part :)

I prefer /msg instead of opening windows since it saves space, but it needs a bit of boost :)

Last edited:
Need for it to work with Opera too! :wise:

Edit: a few more things that might be an idea to implement:
1) in regular irc you have a feature that when you write a letter and then hit the tab-button you browse through the nicknames on the channel, so you dont have to write the whole nick, making the /msg (beeing case sensetive and all) much more easy.
2) the /msg function without opening a new window: you should also have the messages you write to a person shown in "whisper"-mode on the all-chat room, like it is when you recive from people. Then you can see that the message is sent from your part :)

I prefer /msg instead of opening windows since it saves space, but it needs a bit of boost :)

Skam, the inline /msg function is available on this chat as well, but it does not echo your message in whisper mode in all-chat, unfortunately. I agree this would be a nice feature.

Great chat! Easy to use for people who dont want to wrestle with all things in IRC. Would it be possible to add a little status icon on the left side of your posts. Like the "Report post" and "<nick> is online" which shows if your in EF chat. And maybe also link it to the chat.

Nice work man!!!

New EU-Themed Chat Avatars

Jorael has created some cool new EU-themed avatars for the EF chatroom, thanks much Jorael, +REP!!

Members now have a new field in the Member Profile where the default chat avatar can be set.

Have fun, and hope to see you in the chat room soon!

Who knows when Marco or Frank from Mindark might show up again?

Chat log here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47766

Last edited:
A new smilie set (using many of the forum smilies) has been added to the chatroom as well, again thanks to Jorael.

:yay: :wtg:

i honestly love how excited 711 gets at the improvements he's making :)

Very cool!

Much better than IRC. Now everyone log on! :yay:

Nice idea 711 :)

Just spotted a small bug though...when I click the close tab button on the front page for the chat (how many users online, which users, etc) it instead closes the one above (user cp).

Nice idea 711 :)

Just spotted a small bug though...when I click the close tab button on the front page for the chat (how many users online, which users, etc) it instead closes the one above (user cp).
lol true... talk about Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V! ;)
Code:
line 1530 output:[...] onclick="return toggle_collapse('module_9')" [...] id="collapseimg_module_9" [...]
[...]
line 1535 output: <tbody id="collapseobj_module_9" style="">
That shouldn't be module_9! :wise:

P. :smoke:

Should be an easy fix.

Thanks for the alert Jimmy B

***EDIT*** Fixed

Last edited:
would it be possible to have an option to change the background color. I'm used to white text on black :cool:

Bump :)

And as the message is too short, here's another...

Bump :)

Back