Project "Tantillions Massacre"

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
Tantillions Massacre
-The Project-

Hi there my fellow entropians. I always wanted to be on the other side of one of those project threads so I started one of my own. It doesn't involve big mobs, uber gear or high skills.

I choose as a hunting mob, Tantillions, with an gear as eco as possible for them:
I started with a 600 ped initial investment for the ammo and the complete grear stated above. I try to burn as much ammo/day as possible. I save almost everything in inventory, except Oil Residue, Animal Eye Oil, low markup paints and Animal Thyroid Oil. Once I gather enough tt, I sell them in auction or on the street.

I will post a screen shot with the current tt of the items and peds left on card the end of each day.

The project will stop either when I have no more peds to hunt or when I get really bored with hunting tantillions.

If you want something I loot, you can PM me or post on this thread so we can meet in EU and negotiate the price.

The project has been started for about a week, but the first picture will be with the current looted items at the start of this day(11.04.2008)

I have been inspired to start this by a friend of mine, Black Hawk Hawk, to whom I want to thank and dedicate this thread.

I hope you enjoy this :)

Ty,
Sitram

It will be an interesting thread to follow :cool:. Good luck.

Tants sux :D.

Day1:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Notes:
Status at the start of first day - 11.04.2008
Already burned about 200 ped of ammo and sold most of the loot you see on the picture. The return so far seems promising, but be sure to watch the next picture which will be posted later tonight.

Sitram

:eyecrazy: nice , it will be interesting to follow this . GL

Day 2:

As I promised the status of the project can be seen in the above picture. I sold today most of the items I looted and decided to save the Eye Oil I loot just in case I can find a buyer for it at 101%. If I can't then I will throw it in to TT.

I burned about 450-500 ammo today and around 2 breers m2a full tt.

And a little surprise that popped during one of the hunts. I was expecting this global since the loot was bad for over 50 ped of ammo, without mini's

Enjoy,
Sitram

Always wondered if anyone really got anything out but skills from these little buggers...maybe find out a little now :)

Bumped into Dan the famous mindforcer doing this last week but using a firestorm chip ..wish he was posting how it worked out too :laugh:

t

Day 3:

Notes:
Today nothing much happened, no globals, nothing interested looted. I did a couple of rounds on them, I think I have broken about 1 full breer and started the second one, so something around 200-300 peds of ammo spent.

After that I had a few fapping requests and then the WoF started so, the project went on hold until today.

Let's see what tants will offer me today.:)

Sitram

Always wondered if anyone really got anything out but skills from these little buggers...maybe find out a little now :)

Bumped into Dan the famous mindforcer doing this last week but using a firestorm chip ..wish he was posting how it worked out too :laugh:

t

Terrudite and ESIs are the only loots with markup these days. I used up 75 M2A (L)s and before that a good amount of ammo went through my Opalo on them, and have a pair of ~210 PED globals in one hour (Tant-ric Globaling) as my best loot and one small ESI that made me fall out of my chair. On the other hand, i also got Coolness, Avoidance, Wounding, and Combat Sense. ;)

Sitram:
Yay, you got a global your second day on them! Cherish the memory, man. XD

You're going to get a ton of skills, but my experience the last six months on them was a slow but steady decline in PEDs. The complete lack of significant markup drops makes it tricky, especially if you just grind them mindlessly as I was doing.

Be nice to your fingers and wrists...

Interesting topic. I consider myself a tantillon hunter by trade. You didn't say where you are hunting or what maturity of tants. I am just curious because I hunt them in the area I call Tantillon Fields, which is between Atlas haven and Atlas Haven South. You seem to be looting some items I never see. The highest maturity I ever fight is dominant, I think.

yes please post location of hunts aswell? and if you kill any other mobs nearby etc.

Interesting topic. I consider myself a tantillon hunter by trade. You didn't say where you are hunting or what maturity of tants. I am just curious because I hunt them in the area I call Tantillon Fields, which is between Atlas haven and Atlas Haven South. You seem to be looting some items I never see. The highest maturity I ever fight is dominant, I think.

yes please post location of hunts aswell? and if you kill any other mobs nearby etc.

With M2A, my guess is he's hunting on Tant Plateau, East of Twin Peaks.

The loot there is all standard Tantillion fare, with a few odd skins from caudatergus (i think) and a couple gazz (?) stones from something else (drones??). He put the weapon and F(L)AP he was using in the tt to show the total balance.

Sitram, you can buy M2As cheaper in shops, in case you hadn't discovered that. It will only save you maybe 1 PED/M2A, though. :laugh: M3A is also a good option.

Edit: Unless you have a particular need for skilling Rifle/Laser Sniper, the P2a/P3a/P4a are much less tedious to skill with.

Last edited:
I see there are quite a few ppl interested in my little project which is a good thing because I need all the moral support I can get since killing them for a few hours a day with m2a is quite a pain in the ass :D

Location is 2 minor tp's E of Twin and from the outpost I run a couple of meters E and reach tants field. The outpost is close and when I have quite a few on me I simply let them kill me an star again the hunt.

I know that in tt I will probably lose, that's why I try to save as much as I can from loot and try to sell them. I like higher maturities because they can give globals hofs, esi's(haven't looted yet one but a friend of mine looted one on his first hunt on them).

I don't want to loot any shadow part, there are other ppl that need them more then me :)

I want to switch to pistols at some point, but since I sold my handgun related skills I can't use a decent pistol on them. Probably on first hof on tatns I will buy a small HG chip and switch to pistol. For now breer m2a works just fine.

I don't buy the breer's from auction I have a crafter who makes them and sell them to me at a lower markup, so I save those 1-2 ped ;)

I don't hunt other mobs there. I tried once a tantardion mature and after several revival visits and quite a few decay on Ek2600 I got... no loot:yay:

The global was on the first day I started to post the stats of the hunt. I already spend there a few days early and havent' got a global :)

Sitram

Thanks for the info. I might try there sometime. I like the tantillons because I think they encourage an increase in my health points- particularly when I am standing in a pool of them. I didn't recognize some to the loot becuase it is refined, like the thread on the spool, and some of the hides. Do you do that to lesson the weight? When i go to CND I bring a refiner to keep the weight down. Oh- and I had the same experience the few times I tried to kill a tantardion. I've killed about three of them, using the FAP quite a lot- and received little or no loot each time.

So far I got

Eight hofs on them, two of them 3k+ and two 1k+ as well as 1x 72 ped ESI.

Good luck mate, may lootious be with you

Angel

Notes:

Here is today status. I still haven't sold anything, I'll probably have to do that tomorrow to get the necessary funds to do another round on them. I think I can manage to do two more hunts on them before my ped card will be empty. Probably in a day or two I will need another fap since I will probably finish the one I have now .

Loot was not so good in the begining, lots of no loots and few mini then out of the sudden, this little global came:

I spent today over 250 peds of ammo on them, broke a full tt breer m2a and started another one.

I gained a new health point during today's hunt, that got me to 109 HP so far!:yay:Beware tants... I will be much harder to kill once you plunge one me in a pack of 13-20 :))

Told ya to stay tunned because interesting things might come when both you and me are least expecting! :)

Sitram

Last edited:
So far I got

Eight hofs on them, two of them 3k+ and two 1k+ as well as 1x 72 ped ESI.

Good luck mate, may lootious be with you

Angel

LOL well that's certainly not even a vaguely typical experience hunting tants. Still, with two globals in three days he might pull off a HOF sooner rather than later.

LOL well that's certainly not even a vaguely typical experience hunting tants. Still, with two globals in three days he might pull off a HOF sooner rather than later.

I do agree Doer, that said I am pretty sure that Darkfire aside I am the single most dedicated tant hunter there is, so counting the hours and decay the buggers have cost me I would have expected at least the odd good loot (which MA kindly gave me :)

Again, good luck Sitram :)

Angel

Once in a while there spawns an alpha in that field

Once in a while there spawns an alpha in that field

And that is a real pain in the ass!! :laugh:!

Let's not forget that tants that crit me with 40 dmg when 10 other keep hitting me with 1.0 dmg and that always assured me a safe trip to revival :)

OMG... may Lootius hear you!!:yay:

BTW, First global posted on this thread was thanks to Lykke. I met her in Twin just before I went out on the field and asked her to bless me. It acutaly worked :eek:

Notes:
Above is the picture with the status after yesterday hunts. I sold most of the loot. The fap is still usable for a day or two(more then I expected since I switched from rascal to shogun).

I also included the material refiner in the current status, since it was bought from the same 600 ped initial investment.

Yesterday I arrived late from work, so I couldn't do more then 200 ped of ammo on them, about 1 full tt breer m2a.

Loot was as usual, nothing spectacular. Let's hope today will bring something new an exciting.

Stay tunned,
Sitram

Notes:

Here is the status after yesterday's almost 250 ped hunt. I used a bit more then a full tt breer m2a, but didn't managed to loot anything interesting. Especially the last part of the day, the loot was horrible.

Hopefully tants will drop something nice today :)

Regards,
Sitram

Back