amps - a101 vs a102 vs a103

Teiwaz Storm

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Teiwaz Storm Ing
first of all, hi everybody
i'm noob, playing for 2 weeks and decided to post my first question as i did not find clear answer to my concern

i'm using Sollomate Opalo now, with stats:
attacks per minute: 39/44
damage interval 3.5-7/4-8
range 52.5/55

- is it good idea to buy amp just now?

if yes, which one among Omegaton a101, a102, a103 is better economy?

i know that amp can do additional damage at max 50% of rifle damage
a101 is the only one that i could use to max, but not giving me maximum possible damage for opalo [ a101 is 3 hp max, while using opalo i can add amped damage up to 4 hp]
but if you go to auction, you see that its the most expensive one among a101, a102 and a103
cheapest a101 [full condition] is 89 ped atm
a102 74 ped
a103 66 ped!!!!

now, even if i do not use a103 to it's max, it's cheaper than others
what about decay among this 3 amps, is it comparable or a103 is much more expensive than a101 ???

it's 23 ped cheaper to buy a103 than a101, and i can keep it for bigger gun so i do not loose peds on selling a101 and buying a102 and then a103

again, i'm interested what kind of difference will be in decay ...
... i just checked on entropiawiki.com, and a102 seems to have lesser decay...

so in my noobiness i would choose a102, what do you think ?

Opalo + A101 dps 8.1, dmg/pec 4.12
Opalo + A102 dps 8.8, dmg/pec 3.39
Opalo + A103 dps 8.8, dmg/pec 2.59

For the Opalo only the A101 makes any sense since the others destroy it's economy while giving hardly any dps gain.

The thing is if you are going to move up to bigger guns soon then the Opalo gets relegated to being a puller/finisher and won't really need an amp. So if money is tight and you only plan on buying one amp anytime soon then I'd choose an A103. I wouldn't put it on the Opalo though.

No dont choose 102 amp, it uses uses 1 ammo and gives only about half of its possible to opalo. 101 is only vice amp to use with opalo so buy it :) others are much more expensive to use.

and remember u can use an amp that give you MAX half of the weapon dmg.

es:
-if a weapon has dmg 50 u can use an amp that add 25 dmag max

so if your amp give u MORE then half weapon dmg u will not able to use it at the best condition. At the end it will be very very very un eco.

i thought that if i pay less for it and even do not use it power to max, it will be still eco...
lots to learn...

ty for answers

a101 is the only possible one for opalo. rest is waste of money for it due to the resons you mentioned yourself. mind you thou you will need 102 and 103 sooner than you think. id skip 102 (using 101 as long as needed) and buy 103 keeping 101 for opalo anyways (still useful for hunts with disciples or opalo hunters events and such). 103 will last you for a while then ull really need 104 and 105. then ull come to the conclusion laser is not enough and ull start skilling blp and be looking for dante and evil and so it goes :)

i know its gonna sound out of topic but

pay yourself a gift. deposit 50$ and buy 18ped Laser weapon technology, 5ped handgun, and p4a(L) + a104 ... that will be the best money u invested. because the grinding from opalo to p4a is not worth it. u will lose more than 50$ doing it.

not to mention ur skilling rifle, which aint that good if ur low on budget for the next year or 2... handgun is faster after p3a... and this mean u heal less, kill faster. etc.

if lower budget then go for a103. p4a+a103 still do wonder.

also consider you will only get the maximum benefit from an amp if the weapon you use is maxed.

Don't use the 10* series.. use 201 instead. its cheap for 15-20 doller you own one and thats super efficient.

now i'm confused....:scratch2:

will need to read some threads about pistol vs rifle thing...

will check a201 as well

thanks, great to get so many answers

i know its gonna sound out of topic but

pay yourself a gift. deposit 50$ and buy 18ped Laser weapon technology, 5ped handgun, and p4a(L) + a104 ... that will be the best money u invested. because the grinding from opalo to p4a is not worth it. u will lose more than 50$ doing it.

not to mention ur skilling rifle, which aint that good if ur low on budget for the next year or 2... handgun is faster after p3a... and this mean u heal less, kill faster. etc.

if lower budget then go for a103. p4a+a103 still do wonder.

sorry don't agree with you on that especially on a lwt chip. he will save time but won't be saving money. that chip doesn't produce loot.

i thought that if i pay less for it and even do not use it power to max, it will be still eco...
lots to learn...

ty for answers

I doesn't matter what you pay for it. With UL items you can sell them later and get the money back (as long as the price doesn't drop heaps). So the way to save money is to use the most economic setup. With an Opalo the best is an A101 amp.

Don't use the 10* series.. use 201 instead. its cheap for 15-20 doller you own one and thats super efficient.

The OP wants an amp for his opalo. The 201 won't be eco at all with 7 dmg.
As said others, use A101 for opalo.

And if you know you'll stay a while in the universe, you should get an A104 and/or A105 too for the future.

lots to learn...

ty for answers

What seems to be confusing you is the "cost to acquire" verses the "cost to use" of the different axxx amps.

First, when you buy the amps, you want to compare the "TT+" price, not the total price. If you buy a mostly damaged amp, you will just have to repair it sooner--so the total price makes little difference, it's the amount of markup that you won't get back until you sell the amp.

Second, the a101 holds its value quite well. Everyone who skills up naturally needs one, and many of us keep at least one forever. So even if you pay +30 or +40 (or whatever the going rate is right now), chances are good that if/when you want to sell it, you will get that money back.

What you don't ever get back is the ammo and decay the amp uses while attached to your gun--that's the "cost to use." For the opalo, only the a101 makes any sense in terms of cost to use. If you put an a102 on it, you will pay extra each shot for damage that never happens.

As to whether or not you want to get the amp, I say for sure! You will kill faster, kill more cheaply, and skill faster with the amp than without it.

As to the other advice about handguns -v- rifles, I would suggest you stick with the rifle at least until you unlock Marksmanship, and perhaps till you graduate to make your mentor happy :)

After that, it does make sense to skill up laser handguns so that you can use the p4a, p5a, H400 guns which are very eco and decent damage per second.

as most people and my mentor suggested, i did purchased a101, bit under markup but still a price for small depositing noob
as i had good offer, i also bought a103 for later....

i do skill in gun, tt gun as finisher, sometimes ukash gun for bigger mobs

thanks again for your input

Back