Mariko Ninja Torranaga’s Story.

Status

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Hi eveyone, I always like reading books and whenever I found some time I used to read a lot. Still do but a lot less. Always wanted to try my hand at writing a story. A while back I started this little story.
I decided to write my avatars story, of her entering the Entropia Universe and writing it from her view. As if she really lived like a human colonist on planet Calypso, First time I ever tried writing.

The story starts on Earth before her departure to Planet Calypso.
I felt it would be nice to give her some pre Calypso history.
I hope you like it. ;)

Osaka, Japan, Earth, June 15th 2006.

This was the day I have been waiting for, for a long time.
This day I finally was free, I stepped out of the orphanage, the place I hated a lot. I was left there as a baby by my parents, never I found out who they where. Or why they left me there, but they must have had good reasons.

The Orphanage was a loud place, always noisy, kids running around shouting.
Television always on, playing cartoons all day, and loud.
The staff tried their best and where kind and loving, but never was there a moment for me alone. Only late in the evening, at night, then the kids slept, and the television went silent.

Each day I went to school, and loved it, classes where much more quiet.
But couldn’t concentrate, always looked outside, and I started dreaming of a life out there. I did have some friends, but never got real close with them.
Boys, never understood them, never became close friends with one, just not my thing. I wanted to get out of this place, be free, on my own.

Then came June 15th 2006, I was 18 years now, one day after my birthday.
In my pocket an brand new ID and bank card, on my bank account enough money for 6 months living. Next to me stood my backpack, in it my clothes, my note book, that’s all I had. In my hand I held a note, with an address written on it, I could rent a apartment there. On my body I felt the heat of the sun, and the smell of fresh air penetrated my noose.

My mentor put her hand on my shoulder, a tear in her eyes.
She said, “The taxi is coming soon now, take good care of yourself.”
Then she handed me a note, “Here, this is my number, call me if you need
help or anything. And let me know how your doing.”
“You’re a free woman now, but be careful out there, it’s a hard world.”
Then the taxi arrived, I looked at her, gave her a hand and a kiss on the cheek.
I said, “Thank you and I will.” Then picked up my bag and quickly got into the taxi. Told the taxi driver the address I had gotten and we drove off.

I sat in the back seat, looking out the window, we went through streets I never had been before. Saw things I never seen before and I took it all in.
After a 30 minute ride the taxi stopped in front of a big apartment block.
Paid the driver and walked into the building, and was greeted by an old man.
“Can I help you ?” he asked. Told him that I had been given this address by the Orphanage and needed a place to stay.
“Ah yes I remember they called, you’re the first one from them to stay here.”
He got a key out of his pocket and picked up my backpack, “Follow me.”

We took the elevator to floor 23, then walked through a hallway, around a corner. “Here we are, apartment 176B, nice small corner apartment.” Then he unlocked the door, and held it open for me.

Walked in and was surprised, the room was bigger then I expected, furniture was simple but nice. In one corner was a small kitchen. The apartment had a small bathroom with a toilet in it, and a nice bedroom. Not too big, but big enough, with a double bed in it.

“There is food and drinks in the kitchen, all paid for by the orphanage.” Said the old man. “Here is the key, don’t loose it.” Then he handed me a note, “Your phone number and address. Rules for this apartment block are simple. Keep the place clean, no pets, guests must be registered at the office near the entrance.”
“Rent will be withdrawn from your bank account, we got the details already, so don’t worry about that.” Then he walked to the door, turned around and said, “Welcome to Osaka Palace Mariko, I hope you will like it here.” Then the old man walked out and closed the door.

I picked up my backpack and put all my clothes in the bedroom closet.
Then fell on the bed and closed my eyes, no noise, silence, dead silent the place was. I was free and had my own place, the start of my new life. Then I felt a tear rolling down my cheek, and I felt very happy.
Soon I fell asleep.

Last edited:
Osaka, Japan, Earth, June 16th 2006

Woke up and was surprised by the silence, opened my eyes and remembered where I was. Got up and took a shower then put on clean clothes, made some noodles for breakfast. Sat down in the living room and turned on the television and watched the news. Ate my noodles and when the news was finished I was about to turn off the television, when this lady in an advertisement caught my attention.

Sayah King was her name, she talked about an universe far away from earth and a planet called Calypso. It was the first time I heard about Planet Calypso.
I watched that little program with interest, when the program finished I turned the television off. Cleaned up the kitchen, and then left my new home.

I had to find a job, I could live for a while on the money that the orphanage had given, but not for long. The old man was cleaning the floor near the entrance, I walked up to him. “Good morning Mariko, I hope you slept well.” he said.
“Good morning, and yes I did sleep very well. Thank you. But I was wondering if you could help me ?” I asked. “Well depends with what.” “I’m looking for work, do you happened to know where I could find work quick ?” The man looked at the floor, “Hmmm, ah yes, try the Omegaton company, it’s not great work, but pays well and they always seem to be in need of workers.” I smiled, “Thank you very much, I will try that company.”

Walked out of the building and looked for a taxi. Soon I was on my way to the Omegaton Company. After I got there, I was happy that they indeed needed some people, even more that I got hired almost instant. I was told to start the next morning, and given directions to get to my workplace and who I needed to contact.

The rest of the day I spend shopping, new clothes, and little things for my apartment. Early that evening I called my mentor and gave her the good news. Spend the rest of the evening reading a book I bought that afternoon. Next morning I started working in the Omegaton iron factory, it was dull work, but it paid my bills.

Osaka, Japan, Earth, June 4, 2007

Have been working in the Omegaton iron factory for almost a year now.
Made some friend and move up in the company, and my life had become a very routine life. Work during daytime, spend time alone or with friends in the evenings. Then go to sleep, and repeat the process.

That evening Yuri from work came to visit, she arrived shortly after dinner time.
We chatted about clothes, work and other daily things.
Then Yuri said, “Hey you seem to be down a lot lately, what’s wrong ?”
I was surprised but felt I could tell Yuri, so I said, “Well not sure, I like my life now, but something is missing, it’s all so routine now.”
Yuri laughed, “Well that’s life mostly, but I think you want something else, not this life.” I looked at her confused so she explained, “Factory work isn’t for you, I can see that, you do your work, but your not happy with it. You want to be free, your own boss, and no rules.”
Then it went silent for a while, I thought about what she said.
“Mariko, you have your day off tomorrow, go to the FPC office, talk to Marco, Kimiko did and she left. She’s on Planet Calypso now.” Planet Calypso, I remembered the advertisement I had seen. “hmm can’t hurt to talk to him I guess, maybe I will.”

Osaka, Japan, Earth, June 5, 2007

Around 10am I walked in to the office from FPC, First Planet Company.
A young lady greeted me at the desk, “Hello misses, can I help you ?”
“Yes I’m looking for Marco, I want to talk to him about Planet Calypso.”
“Marco ?” the lady asked laughing, “Sorry but he doesn’t see just anyone, and anyway he’s on Planet Calypso now.”

She noticed the disappointment on my face, “But Simon is here, he’s a guide on Planet Calpyso, and I think he can help. Wait a minute.”
She stood up and walked to a door and disappeared.
While I waited I looked around, not sure if I should do this.
Soon the lady came back and with her came a tall man dressed in white and blue clothes. I almost shot in to a shattering laugh when I noticed a big yellow star floating over his head, but I kept myself under control.

He shook my hand and started talking, “Hi Mariko, press enter to….. ow dear, sorry old habit. With what can I help you Mariko ?”
Simon had a nice warm voice, hard to explain, but with him I felt I could trust him. I said, “Tell me about Planet Calypso, I think I want to go there.”
“Right, then follow me.” he said and lead me in to an office where images of strange creatures and places hang on the walls.
Strange items stood on tables and shelf’s, behind some desks people where working. I sat down in a chair he gave me, and he started telling about Planet Calypso.

After an hour he asked, “Well that’s about it, so you want to go to Planet Calypso ?” Before I knew it I said, “Oh yes I want to go there, sounds like a great place.” Still stunned about what I had said I listened to his instructions.

Last edited:
Osaka, Japan, Earth, July 25th , 2007

This is it, the day that I left planet Earth and went to Planet Calypso.
All my belongings are stored in FPC’s warehouse, they keep them there until I decide what I want to do with them. Since I can not take them to Planet Calypso I will have to decide to sell them or keep them incase I plan to return.
Anyway they will keep it for as long as it’s needed, so no need to hurry with that.

Quit my job at Omegaton and said farewell to all my friends there, was bit emotional about it, but that’s over now.
Just got up and had my last breakfast in my apartment.
Took a shower, and took my backpack. A last look around in my home, everything was clean just as when I first arrived. I closed the door and locked it, felt a little pain in my chest when I walked away. Went down to the old man and gave him the key, then said farewell. Another chapter of my life closed.

Early afternoon I arrived at the FPC office to start my journey to Planet Calypso. A lady picked me up at the desk and brought me to a big room. In the middle of the room was a small platform, on the wall all kind of equipments. “Take off all your clothes and wait here.” the lady said then, she walked out.

A little later I stood in the room waiting, naked, all my clothes on a neat pile on the floor. I looked around and tried to figure out what all the equipment was for, but I couldn’t figure it out. After a few minutes the door went open again and the lady came back, this time another lady came with her. She said, “This is Emma, she will help you now.” then picked up my clothes and left.
Emma handed me some underwear, “here these are for you, put them on.”

Glad to cover my nakedness I quickly put them on.
Emma kept talking, “In a few minutes you have to step on the platform.” She pointed to the small platform I had noticed before. “Stand still in one spot, do not leave the platform.” “When you stand on it, it takes five minutes for the systems to store all your memories, body data and dna.” I got a bit worried now but said, “Ehmm ok..” “After these 5 minutes, you will feel a warm sensation, then it will go black.” What happens is that your body is decreated, in other words, destroyed.
“OMG!” I yelled.

Emma continued, “When it went black for you, in an instant you will be back.” Emma now guided me to the platform while she kept talking, “When your back you will experience an out of body sensation.” I stepped on the platform.
“This sensation is created by the system, sensors feed information directly to your brain.” Emma walked around the room and adjusted some instruments while she talked.

“Your body will be recreated, however you can make changes to your body.” She walked past me, “Like you want a bigger butt, make it bigger.” Then she walked to the door. “Want different eyes, bigger breasts, smaller waist, whatever you want you can change.” Have a nice trip and I will see you on Planet Calypso.
She walked through the door, and before I knew it, everything went black.

Entropia Universe, in orbit around Planet Calypso July 27th , 2007

It was like Emma had said, I stood on the platform, and could see myself. Floating in my view on the left top side was a panel, on the right side instructions.When I finished reading the instructions they disappeared. I touched the panel on the left, and I saw my hips change, but didn’t feel anything. This was weird but I liked it, and started to get used to the controls. For a long time I worked on my body, changed my hair, eyes, hips, shoulders, waist, butt, breasts. I tried as good as possible to recreated my own body. Then I recreated my own face, this was very weird to do. After hours of work I was happy with the result and then pressed the confirm button.

To my shock everything went black again, something I wasn’t told about. For a few seconds I was deeply worried that I killed myself. Soon a bright light blinded me, and when I slowly opened my eyes again I found myself on a big square, a space port. Then a voice said, “Welcome to Planet Calypso. you are now in Port Atlantis. On the arrival zone.” I looked around, then I saw him and called his name "Simon !!"

Last edited:
Entropia Universe, Planet Calypso August 6th , 2007

Today it’s one week since I arrived on Planet Calypso.
Still have not been outside Port Atlantis, the creatures out there scare me.
I heard there are many other cities, outpost on the planet. So the past week I have been collection as much information as I could about Calypso.

Simon been a great help the first day, but he’s very busy helping new arrivals.
Anyway I do not want to bother him too much, there are enough helpful people in the city. I found out it’s a hard living on this planet, to make a living isn’t easy.
Seen many people walking around in the orange arrivals suit.
A lot of them talk about something they call sweating. It seems you can collect sweat from creatures to sell, however it’s very dangerous, many have died while sweating. Got to find out more about sweating, will soon need money, if I want to make a living here.

Oh yes dying seems a weird thing on this planet, from what I have heard.
It seems that when you die, it’s not permanent, something called reviving brings you back to life. Can hardly believe this, however many say it’s true.
It is said that after you have died, your body is dissolved quickly and your soul is send to the revival terminal. There it is rejoined with a clone of your body.
You seem to feel complete with all memories after this.

Have not eaten a lot the past week, food seems to be hard to get.
I found some caroot, people told me it’s used for pets, secretly I ate some.
Felt sick for hours, so instead managed to get some nutrio bars and sweetstuff. The nutrio tastes bad, but keeps me alive, sweetstuff has a nice sweet flavor. Can’t get enough of this stuff, very addictive.

Sleeping is another problem, unless you can afford to rent an apartment or estate, your homeless. But I found a place where I can safely sleep at night. In the building where they have the nature exhibition there are unused offices. No one comes there, so in the evening I sneak in there and sleep on the floor. It’s not perfect, but warm and quiet, so I can get a good rest.

Last edited:
reserved for future chapters.

reserved for future chapters.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing it!

Status
Back