FYI: Clarification given about Merry Mayhem rules by MA

yea... no

That makes me not want to take part in MM even more than ever. Now going solo... there might be one person with a team wasting mobs left and right and them looting. I wouldn't stand a chance.
not worth the time and effort.

Really wanted to make an effort this year but I need this clarified. Been in a few LA events and it is obvious from who keeps being at the top that if u do not have dps no point in competing.

I cannot compete against 11 high dps ubers in cat 3.

Glad I noticed some of these threads and re-read the rules before I deposited to buy the rest of the gear I was going to get and then wasted time on trying the event. I spent 1k PEDs last night for some prep and was going to go in with more that I was going to deposit ... but what is the point?

It should be a solo event and the individual needs to do something like 90 or95% of the damage to the creature to get the points.

Id even go as far as to say they should be done on LAs and monitored, but I think just making the points count for over 9x% damage would do.

I missed most of SGA because it didnt feel right, it wasnt consistant enough, I cant do landgrabs, Im not good enough for the big pvp events and now ... this ... great. Wonder why I went from playing 16hrs a day to inactive for months at a time.

Thanks for sharing this !!!

What I am now wondering is: Wasn't it always like this ?

I mean, we know that NOW the rules mention 'Support Teams are allowed' and NOW we are clear about 'how the points are scored', but I now believe MM has always worked like this before... we just didn't know it because rules were vague about that, which is a shame.
I might be wrong ofc :)

The only difference against last year is:

Instead of 1 MM participant doing more than 50% of damage and the others help him by softening the mob and herding, fapping etc. this year the MM Participant can team up with 11 others and each ofthis 11 has his own softeners and the MM participant does not have to do 51% damage on each mob that counts for him.
And even the mebers of the team do not have to match the categorie the Participant is competing in.

Seam quite a difference to last year.

PS: the 11 teammebers who do not participat in the Cat 4 can then go on to help their Cat 3 designated winner as they do not have the time limit either.

PPS: A well organized Soc like AoW could surely go for first place in the top two categories with the help of another top 20 soc and subsequently each may gain a LA.

owww my headache is getting worse :umn:
i hope we getting here a offical statement on that issue

....still speachless ....

The only difference against last year is:

Instead of 1 MM participant doing more than 50% of damage and the others help him by softening the mob and herding, fapping etc. this year the MM Participant can team up with 11 others and each ofthis 11 has his own softeners and the MM participant does not have to do 51% damage on each mob that counts for him.
And even the mebers of the team do not have to match the categorie the Participant is competing in.

Seam quite a difference to last year.

My question is: What tells you that you couldn't have done it the same way last year too ?

If you read last year's MM rules, where does it say that the competitor needs to do more than 50% to score ? Where does it say that teams were not allowed? And where does it say that the score is done by killing the mob instead of looting it ?

The Rules text was exactly the same as this year's (the only difference being the points per creature, the end of the 6hrs session limit, and the mob for Cat4). They've now added a note saying that 'Support Teams are allowed' (which can also raise doubts) and we only found out that the scoring is made by looting the creature without the need of damaging it, because of the Q&A section made here and in an answer to a Support Case.

If it wasn't for this, we would all still be in the dark thinking that one would need to more than 51% damage, wouldn't we ?

At least they never sieze to amaze ;D
Consistency is key.

You are all right, this sucks, the solutions are not so simple to this predicament.

And basically, not everyone has thought it trough, that even last year, you could have 12 unteamed players each shoot a mob with less than 7.14% of it's health, and the contestant would then be able to finish the kill and loot by doing only 14.32% damage to the mob (for example).

This year, they just legitimize this possibility. How is it different this year? That the looter doesn't have to shoot anymore and that he can use the team system to recoup the "subventions"?

The rules changed, but this also means competition is limited by the spawn speed of the mobs, it's not like everyone will be hitting gold non-stop and it's a never-ending mob feast.

I got the same reply to my support case, Cyco, so I also wrote back (see below)

Maybe if we all write support cases, MA will see that they have made a mistake

jay

2009-12-21 19:15 You wrote:

Hi, if you read the thread that I posted a link to, you will see that very many people are upset about this. In the past we all believed that

A) the participant must do the majority of the damage to the mob

and
B) that , although the participant could have a support team, he COULD NOT BE PART OF THAT SUPPORT TEAM, NOR ANY OTHER TEAM WHILST PARTICIPATING.

ie. everybody believed that it is AN EVENT FOR SOLO PLAYERS NOT TEAMS

IF your team can do all the damage to the mob, this takes all the sport out of it, and makes it a team event effectively. So why do you not call it a team event?

Can you please change the rules, quickly, to disqualify teaming? Nobody will mind at all, becuse EVERYBODY THOUGHT IT WAS THAT WAY ANYWAY. And now many people don't want to compete, since they read the FAQ, because teams will have too big advantage over solo players.

Thank you

Consistency is key.

You are all right, this sucks, the solutions are not so simple to this predicament.
The solution is very simple:

MA should add a rule to say that the Mayhem participant must not be part of a team.

Last year no participants were part of a team, because we all assumed that was disallowed. This year, everybody is upset because it looks like it is allowed after all, and that totally changes the event.

Please , all write to MA , pointing this out, before it's too late.

jay

The solution is very simple:

MA should add a rule to say that the Mayhem participant must not be part of a team.

Perhaps you missed the rest of the post when you quoted. Here, let me show you it:
And basically, not everyone has thought it trough, that even last year, you could have 12 unteamed players each shoot a mob with less than 7.14% of it's health, and the contestant would then be able to finish the kill and loot by doing only 14.32% damage to the mob (for example).

Your solution just adds a tiny effort for the unteamed participant.

Perhaps you missed the rest of the post when you quoted. Here, let me show you it:

Your solution just adds a tiny effort for the unteamed participant.

I didn't miss it. I just think that people must have thought of that strategy of yours last year, but didn't bother to try it, because it would be too impractical to implement. It's not that difficult to figure out.

I'm sure that almost everybody posting here would be happy enough if MA just gave us the same set of rules we thought we had last year (i.e no direct teaming) so we could just go ahead and use the same strategies, and stand the same chance as last year.

jay

it should be looter must do 91% of damage to get the points

that way a fapper and a amo runner would be acceptable but softeners would risk losing the participant the point by over damaging.

as it stands, its just rediculous unless you have a 12 man uber team (or 2 12 man uber teams working together)

THIS ISNT LAND GRAB! ITS MM ffs!

:mad::mad::mad:

it should be looter must do 91% of damage to get the points

that way a fapper and a amo runner would be acceptable but softeners would risk losing the participant the point by over damaging.

as it stands, its just rediculous unless you have a 12 man uber team (or 2 12 man uber teams working together)

THIS ISNT LAND GRAB! ITS MM ffs!

:mad::mad::mad:

I agree, but that suggestion belongs in Mercury's thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/171532-suggestions-mayhem-2009-a.html

And, indeed it's there, in the very first post.

If MA disallowed direct teaming, then at least the looter would usually have to do 51% damage , which would be a very big improvement over zero damage.

Prolly too late, but I've now started a petition about that:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/174395-petition-no-teaming-rule-mayhem.html

I agree, but that suggestion belongs in Mercury's thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/171532-suggestions-mayhem-2009-a.html

And, indeed it's there, in the very first post.

If MA disallowed direct teaming, then at least the looter would usually have to do 51% damage , which would be a very big improvement over zero damage.

Prolly too late, but I've now started a petition about that:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/174395-petition-no-teaming-rule-mayhem.html

Couldent agre more

Ive got no problem with it beeing a team event. Its for the better imo!

Just make it so that teams are judged by the cat system, why else do we have a cat system?

Ive got no problem with it beeing a team event. Its for the better imo!

Just make it so that teams are judged by the cat system, why else do we have a cat system?
And again, it's me, mrproper, popping out of the woods and letting you know yet again:

1. Team of 6 ubers with the best gear doing 60dps and dropping all the mobs they see on radar.

2. Team of 12 newbers with their L gear doing 30dps each and dropping all the mobs they see on the radar.

Who would win?!

And again, it's me, mrproper, popping out of the woods and letting you know yet again:

1. Team of 6 ubers with the best gear doing 60dps and dropping all the mobs they see on radar.

2. Team of 12 newbers with their L gear doing 30dps each and dropping all the mobs they see on the radar.

Who would win?!

The first team would win.

And if they were in any doubt they could just add a couple of extra friends to be absolutely certain.

Who would win?!

The 6 ubers ofc.
That is an easy question lol.

E.G. Neomaven can do a similar DPS with his Terminator as 2x Apis/Dante however he can do it from 128M range while the Apis crew are still using their Marbers.

When your team are getting hit by Itumatrox Stalkers it helps if they have ~300 HP, a Mod Fap and some cool armor.

What's to stop the team of 6 ubers getting 6 more ubers to join them? And a few helpers?

The stakes are high. It is like a land grab but this time you get to keep the LA for ever.

If you couldn't win a LA in a land grab, either by yourself or in a team, then you will have NO chance of winning in Cat 1 or 2 this year.

Who would win?!

i'll do one better i'll let u have ur team of 12 newbers and go ahead and throw in another team of 12 newbers, vs a 5 man team from any of the top 5 soc and lets just go with big chompers for fun, let me know how many of ur 24 newbers are alive after 10 mins vs the team of 5 ubers. chompers have 70impact 30cold go ahead and buy the best L armors and weapons ur newbers can get and use, let me know after 10 mins how many are still alive and how many prowler/stalker chompers and dead?

There is another big difference with last year that this rule "clarification" presents.

Last year a big part of the challenge was sorting out loot afterwards, especially if a participant had a support team.
The participant had a variety of tasks to attend to besides shooting and looting.
Amps need to be repaired and ammo bought, animal hides have to be refined or you get too heavy to run, loot has to be TTed or auctioned.
If you have support help they need to work out their expenses (- any mobs that they looted by mistake) and they have to be paid.
You can bypass some of these problems by investing in advance but the tasks of the participant were difficult last year.

Under the team system the participant has none of these problems.
They skip about as light as a fairy, "looting" mobs but not recieving any loot. If you don't do any damage then you don't get any loot ofc.

No need to refine, no need for storage, no pesky repair breaks and no need to share out any loot at the end. The hunters all pay their own bills and keep their own loot (unless they get an item to share ofc)

The participant will not have to waste a minute this year. When they need a rest they can log off in the spawn, when they log back on the team will be there and there will be dead mobs ready to loot as soon as they join the team.

30 hours, no skills, no ammo, ~10 peds decay and nothing to sort out with the team but dividing the prize at the end.

renting myself and my xt out :)

For extra clarification this is response to my support case

2009-12-22 08:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Support teams are allowed in the Merry Mayhem. The participant that performs the loot action is the one receiving the points in the Merry Mayhem event. The looting participant will be competing in his/her category according to the rules published here: http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/12/15/8799/index.xml

We thank you for your feedback, which will be forwarded to the Event organizers. Have a nice day in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

So I guess that is it then. No point participating and the same ppl / socs will get LA and armors.

This really pisses me off since we are trying to build a soc and we do not have lots of highly skilled players but they are all great active participants to the economy.

So we have no chance at land grab but maybe with some organisation we would have had a chance at this.

Can everyone that believes in fair play please sign petition.

I really hoped it was a misunderstanding at first, but MA has decided to only feed the ubers once again. If you love your ubers so much, dear MA, then soon you will have EU rid of all other players.

If you want EU to live for at least 10 more years, which I hear you do, why do you constantly make steps to destroy it? EU already has a bad name on the internet, for beeing a "game where you have to constantly put money in to keep playing". And you spoil all the fun for the people who choose to play it despite this fact.

I loved vu 9, I had a lot of fun playing it. Even the first days of CE2 were a fun adventure. But since SGA started, and all the consequent changes, you turned EU into a shithole, for the lack of a better word. Dedication is no longer rewarded, the game has become a lottery, and only the rich and skilled are guaranteed to make decent profit now. Plus those ridiculous inventions you implemented last days - just another type of L amps with outrageous markup, do you really think that's the kind of new content people want to see?

I was waiting for MM the whole year, like many did. Since the day it was introduced, I started preparations, arranged support, bought a lot of armor, guns, believing that good strategy, hard work and good support can help me win one of the top prizes. But now I'm definitely not going to take part in this farce.

I already chipped out from lvl 73 to 69 so I would qualify to category 3, and I'm afraid it's the beginning of a bigger process. You advertised EU as an opportunity for the enterprising and driven people, which it used to be. But no more.

I always treated EU as an investment, put in a few thousand hours of playing, analyzing and research, and it was paying off. But the last 4 months I can forget about. I will not be wasting my life for nothing, that's not the reason I'm here. Maybe if it was fun at least - but as I already mentioned, you take the fun away with your actions. I'll keep hunting until SGA ends, see what the new planets bring, maybe loot will change too. But it certainly feels like the end of my journey is nigh.

I don't want this to be a whining post, maybe there's a part of me that believes someone from MA staff is reading this thread, and every post counts to convince them to change the rules for MM. If there's enough pressure from the society, it may open their eyes just a little bit.

I've never seen a game with such a massive potential, I couldn't even think of such game before I found out about EU. The people are so great and mature, it can be so much fun despite the fact that everyone is constantly competing with each other for real money. Unfortunately, the makers don't care about the players. I guess everyone knows what MA stands for? Monkey's Azylum. All they want is the banana.

Last edited:
I really hoped it was a misunderstanding at first, but MA has decided to only feed the ubers once again. If you love your ubers so much, dear MA, then soon you will have EU rid of all other players.

If you want EU to live for at least 10 more years, which I hear you do, why do you constantly make steps to destroy it? EU already has a bad name on the internet, for beeing a "game where you have to constantly put money in to keep playing". And you spoil all the fun for the people who choose to play it despite this fact.

I loved vu 9, I had a lot of fun playing it. Even the first days of CE2 were a fun adventure. But since SGA started, and all the consequent changes, you turned EU into a shithole, for the lack of a better word. Dedication is no longer rewarded, the game has become a lottery, and only the rich and skilled are guaranteed to make decent profit now. Plus those ridiculous inventions you implemented last days - just another type of L amps with outrageous markup, do you really think that's the kind of new content people want to see?

I was waiting for MM the whole year, like many did. Since the day it was introduced, I started preparations, arranged support, bought a lot of armor, guns, believing that good strategy, hard work and good support can help me win one of the top prizes. But now I'm definitely not going to take part in this farce.

I already chipped out from lvl 73 to 69 so I would qualify to category 3, and I'm afraid it's the beginning of a bigger process. You advertised EU as an opportunity for the enterprising and driven people, which it used to be. But no more.

I always treated EU as an investment, put in a few thousand hours of playing, analyzing and research, and it was paying off. But the last 4 months I can forget about. I will not be wasting my life for nothing, that's not the reason I'm here. Maybe if it was fun at least - but as I already mentioned, you take the fun away with your actions. I'll keep hunting until SGA ends, see what the new planets bring, maybe loot will change too. But it certainly feels like the end of my journey is nigh.

I don't want this to be a whining post, maybe there's a part of me that believes someone from MA staff is reading this thread, and every post counts to convince them to change the rules for MM. If there's enough pressure from the society, it may open their eyes just a little bit.

I've never seen a game with such a massive potential, I couldn't even think of such game before I found out about EU. The people are so great and mature, it can be so much fun despite the fact that everyone is constantly competing with each other for real money. Unfortunately, the makers don't care about the players. I guess everyone knows what MA stands for? Monkey's Azylum. All they want is the banana.

Well said, and very very true!

I tend to agree with you life, i spent a lot of ped chipping to be ontop of my category, i spent a lot of ped harvesting weapons for myself and also my support shooters, i spent a lot of time gathering and writting down everyones availability times, i spent a lot of time preparing myself to cycle 100k ped in just ammo with a support team, i spent a lot of time sheeting and calculating max costs, i was prepared to spend ped for merry meyham but now that will NOT happen. My preparation and time has been wasted.

I tend to agree with you life, i spent a lot of ped chipping to be ontop of my category, i spent a lot of ped harvesting weapons for myself and also my support shooters, i spent a lot of time gathering and writting down everyones availability times, i spent a lot of time preparing myself to cycle 100k ped in just ammo with a support team, i spent a lot of time sheeting and calculating max costs, i was prepared to spend ped for merry meyham but now that will NOT happen. My preparation and time has been wasted.

I hope you didn't depo that 100k ped yet.

I hope you didn't depo that 100k ped yet.

Definately did not. But i wouldn't need to deposit that much. 30-40k would have seen me through 30 hours, providing loot was decent :mad:

That was calculated as a maximum cost. And technically 117588 ped ammo/explosives over the 30 hour period would have been spent/used.

I'm just really disappointed right now.

Thank you FPC.

Definately did not. But i wouldn't need to deposit that much. 30-40k would have seen me through 30 hours, providing loot was decent :mad:

That was calculated as a maximum cost. And technically 117588 ped ammo/explosives over the 30 hour period would have been spent/used.

I'm just really disappointed right now.

Thank you FPC.

Be happy, without this thread you would have spent the peds and maybe with luck got a Mayhem armor part for it.

Wise words and im totally agree with you bud.Couldnt be better explained...

Back