Fall damage algorithm

You mean Immortal is a secret robot agent? :jawdrop:

Holly :censored:

Who among us knows the depth of the treachery that represents the robot threat?

Be vigilant!

Trust no one!

Lol i did some calcs and realised I'm analysing the data incorrectly. And it's such a glaringly obvious error a highschool student should be able to pick it up :O

Anyway some more data points between 67 and 108 would be very much appreciated

Do your tests indicate, or rule out, any possibility that an attribute may affect the amount of damage taken or the distance that can be withstood without taking damage?

Do your tests indicate, or rule out, any possibility that an attribute may affect the amount of damage taken or the distance that can be withstood without taking damage?

From the data i do have, attribute differences must be very subtle: xen and I have very close matching skills health and hp, but noticeably different str - the jumps we both tested returned results within the error limit (differnece of 34±0.1 and 0.2 for a height of 30m±1)
I can't rule attributes or total hp or other factors out completely without other data sets

To test the damage spectrum and rule these out, other avatars could tell me how much damage they sustain doing the following:
Emerald, Teleporter: Teleporter platform to Southern lower ledge (~5m)
Emerald, Teleporter: Teleporter platform to gorund (~34m)
Athena, E butterfly bridge to walkway (~50m)
Any other drops 75m-99m (these are hard to find close to a teleport, but there are some SE of athena revive *109m test is here too)

I just notcied too that dmg/height ratios were the same for certain surfaces....maybe this is a factor worth investigating.

From the data i do have, attribute differences must be very subtle: xen and I have very close matching skills health and hp, but noticeably different str - the jumps we both tested returned results within the error limit (differnece of 34±0.1 and 0.2 for a height of 30m±1)
I can't rule attributes or total hp or other factors out completely without other data sets

To test the damage spectrum and rule these out, other avatars could tell me how much damage they sustain doing the following:
Emerald, Teleporter: Teleporter platform to Southern lower ledge (~5m)
Emerald, Teleporter: Teleporter platform to gorund (~34m)
Athena, E butterfly bridge to walkway (~50m)
Any other drops 75m-99m (these are hard to find close to a teleport, but there are some SE of athena revive *109m test is here too)

I just notcied too that dmg/height ratios were the same for certain surfaces....maybe this is a factor worth investigating.

My instinct was that perhaps Stamina is involved. Some people are reporting that they take damage on small bumps, but this hasn't happened to me at all. I'm wondering if it might be a difference between those with 1+ Stamina and those with 9+ Stamina.

You were a 1 Stamina avatar, right? And Xen will certainly be a 9er, plus I guess you've both got some extra from missions. So you should have picked that up if I'm right - so I'm probably not :)

My instinct was that perhaps Stamina is involved. Some people are reporting that they take damage on small bumps, but this hasn't happened to me at all. I'm wondering if it might be a difference between those with 1+ Stamina and those with 9+ Stamina.

You were a 1 Stamina avatar, right? And Xen will certainly be a 9er, plus I guess you've both got some extra from missions. So you should have picked that up if I'm right - so I'm probably not :)

I haven't found any small drops that damage yet (like jumping in the air). The scientific thing to do is identify those small drops, then have multiple people test them. If tests aren't repeatable on the same avatar. we can throw those data sets in the random occurence bin. I have tried damaging my self many times off Zychion (aiming for non water-covered pieces of land) but still can't seem to. Maybe this has to do with the area being zoned as an event area, or because the ground is wet mud.

I have 15 Stamina and took damage from a measured drop of ~5m, plus many similar drops while mining, so it doesn't seem like Stamina makes any difference.

I have 15 Stamina and took damage from a measured drop of ~5m, plus many similar drops while mining, so it doesn't seem like Stamina makes any difference.

And you must be 90+ Agility so not that either.

Seems like my theory is rubbish :D

Back