profession question/idea/suggestion

itchi

Provider
Society
Lost Renegades
scrappy1 itchi scrat
The last mmo that i played before EU/PC was WOW. I enjoy this game much more than WOW, but i was thinking it would be pretty neat and interesting if EU had a fishing profession. Another profession i would like to see is Architect, I see a lot of nicely designed houses around. However, all the houses look pretty similar. It would be so awesome if there is a architect profession, that way players can design a house and build it. We would be able to see unique and creative house designs by players. I dont know if there is already a profession like this, since im still pretty inexperienced with the game.
BTW is there a suggestion sub forum section on this forum site? I'm sure there are many suggestions people have for this game. It would be nice if there is a sub forum section for suggestions to the game.

Nice idea for the architect profession. Crafting is in game and so is furniture, so why not. Only problem is estate deeds are limited in numbers, so architects won't be able to do much as their potential customers just are not there really... sad sort of since that same problem keeps a lot of the furniture crafting market stale at the moment.

As for fishing, there's no profession for it, but there is a decorative fishing pole in game.

Ah i see, hmm maybe they can allow the architect to remodel the current houses. That way when players get bored or decide to have a new house design the architect can have some business :)

Fishing is definitely good idea, I'd love that. There are often times you are tired of endless grinding and just like to relax and chat and maybe fish, no matter how small gain it may be (and small investment, there has to be one though, as this is Entropia, let it be then few pec for the worms :D ).

About architecture I do not know, it would be swell, but it has its problems as it is quite visible to all participants and I am sure FPC don't want this to become another second life where (the only time I was there I witnessed the awesomeness of that) you can build a hat the size of a boat and then chat 'man, this is awesome'. Lol, what I mean is I think they want to keep some integrity in the world, but there are much undeveloped areas where imo some space for self-expression could well be allowed. I have no idea though, which way it would be submitted and how immediately realized, this is rather different game engine after all. Generally engines seem to operate in a manner that changes must be patched.

(gosh, I sound like MA PR worker now).

Note that not all "architects" will actually be able to build nice looking houses. Some, the majority I guess, will just come up with average to crap stuff.

there are so many nice water areas, and now boats to...it is a shame we cant fish.

Note that not all "architects" will actually be able to build nice looking houses. Some, the majority I guess, will just come up with average to crap stuff.

Yeah thats true. I guess the people who cant make nice looking houses wont be able to make any peds :laugh: maybe the architects can make a model of their building to show to their clients.

It does seem like there would be a lot of work involved to add the architect profession. I just hope that they'll be something like this in the future :)

I enjoy and admire the creativity of people. I remember there was a post on the forums long ago of someone making a robot statue out of oil cans. That is really cool, and I would like to be able to see more creativity from players. Professions like the architect is the probably the best way to show and enjoy these creativity. It would certainly attract more variety of players to the game :)

The last mmo that i played before EU/PC was WOW. I enjoy this game much more than WOW, but i was thinking it would be pretty neat and interesting if EU had a fishing profession. Another profession i would like to see is Architect, I see a lot of nicely designed houses around. However, all the houses look pretty similar. It would be so awesome if there is a architect profession, that way players can design a house and build it. We would be able to see unique and creative house designs by players. I dont know if there is already a profession like this, since im still pretty inexperienced with the game.
BTW is there a suggestion sub forum section on this forum site? I'm sure there are many suggestions people have for this game. It would be nice if there is a sub forum section for suggestions to the game.

The mention of fishing triggered a memory so I did a search:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-(Aug-Sep-06)&p=428154&viewfull=1#post428154

And to save you digging:

* Will Fishing be made a profession in the near future? What will these fishes be used for, if so?

Marco|FPC:Fishing is cool. ,-)

Very old thread (over 4 years old), but who knows eh? :)

That would be this one: Suggestions/WishList

ya i found that section when i was researching the eco of opalo vs m2100 lol. Sorry for posting this in the wrong section :ahh:

Back