Question: How long till MA finalizes my transactions?

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
Hey, after 2.5 years playing I've only noticed this now (Yeah I know, should watch CC more closely). I did a deposit on Oct 24th. Not only did my deposit get withdrawn from my credit card, but an amount nearly $10 MORE then my deposit is currently "held" on my CC. How long does it take for MindArk to finalize the transactions so that the funds that are held are released and available to the customer again?

Also, does anyone know why they would do this? I mean, to hold an additional 15% or so I can understand (as many businesses do that) but to hold MORE than the initial deposit amount PLUS withdraw the deposit amount? Also, my deposit was processed by my Credit Card the next day. (Oct. 25th). So why hasn't MA finalized the transaction yet? I'm sure they've got my money.... what are they doing with the other chunk of my money? (which in theory hasn't come off my CC, it's just being held for some reason which I'll probably never agree with.)

Menace

got same and resigned from CC depos...bank transfer are just 1-2 days more longer ( if u pick overnight as currency change method ) and no include aditional fees 5% or so. Since MA or my Bank ( no idea who is guilty here ) did that to me , all transactions are waiting for bank wire transfer.

Not only did my deposit get withdrawn from my credit card, but an amount nearly $10 MORE then my deposit is currently "held" on my CC. How long does it take for MindArk to finalize the transactions so that the funds that are held are released and available to the customer again?

Also, does anyone know why they would do this? I mean, to hold an additional 15% or so I can understand (as many businesses do that) but to hold MORE than the initial deposit amount PLUS withdraw the deposit amount? Also, my deposit was processed by my Credit Card the next day. (Oct. 25th). So why hasn't MA finalized the transaction yet? I'm sure they've got my money.... what are they doing with the other chunk of my money? (which in theory hasn't come off my CC, it's just being held for some reason which I'll probably never agree with.)

Until the transaction is processed the merchant (MA) doesn't yet have your money as far as I am aware.

So the transaction that was processed, which was your actual deposit, that has gone through.

The other one, which is still pending, will probably vanish in a few days when the hold expires - you won't actually get charged a second time.

The actual problem is that MA's payment provider is doing odd things like putting two transactions through - they should only be doing one (your deposit).

Perhaps there is some glitch in the system, feel free to report it to support and follow up when the other transaction drops off so that it is clear that the 'double' transaction wasn't actually processed.

Of course if it does get processed that is a bigger problem, although if it was going to be it would've happened around the same time as the other one.

- Deathifier

I also use a CC to make depos, and the money is taken right off my card right there and then and on top of that i also, get my ped right there and then, i use a VISA, i dont know if thats what u use but i get every thing dont in matter of about 2 min or less

I also use a CC to make depos, and the money is taken right off my card right there and then and on top of that i also, get my ped right there and then, i use a VISA, i dont know if thats what u use but i get every thing dont in matter of about 2 min or less

My transaction goes through right away (as far as the funds being held right away and me getting my PEDs right away). But if I do a say... $1000 Deposit, then apprx. $2100 is "held" on my credit card. The $1000 depo will then be processed and taken off my CC the next day, and it appears as though it's about 7 business days for the other $1100 to become "released" and available on my CC again. (This is what I think is totally ridiculous)

Menace

My transaction goes through right away (as far as the funds being held right away and me getting my PEDs right away). But if I do a say... $1000 Deposit, then apprx. $2100 is "held" on my credit card. The $1000 depo will then be processed and taken off my CC the next day, and it appears as though it's about 7 business days for the other $1100 to become "released" and available on my CC again. (This is what I think is totally ridiculous)

If it happens regularly then something is not working quite right behind the scenes.

The only people who can really help you are MA Support (who can quiz their payment provider), and your bank.

If you are putting only one transaction through, and it is creating an extra phantom transaction, it's either happening at the payment provider that MA uses or it is happening at your bank/CC provider.

- Deathifier

Hey, after 2.5 years playing I've only noticed this now (Yeah I know, should watch CC more closely). I did a deposit on Oct 24th. Not only did my deposit get withdrawn from my credit card, but an amount nearly $10 MORE then my deposit is currently "held" on my CC. How long does it take for MindArk to finalize the transactions so that the funds that are held are released and available to the customer again?

Menace

Don't understand why it's being held. I have deposited many many many times with different credit cards in fact and was always instant :scratch2:

Allow me to provide you a graphical ETA, based on the things I've read on these forums:

Back