Info: Overweight Problems! With Solutions!

Society
Planet Express
Buzz Erik Lightyear
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: in VU 11.10.0 Strength does effect weight! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem that is getting worse! But a solution that can make EU better for all Avatars!

Overweight Problems
- Having to refine often during hunts/events/mining
- Weight issue bigger problem with tiered weapons needing much more ammo per hunt
- Events are difficult when always becoming overweight
- 170kg Limit til yellow and half speed static for everyone
- 250kg for red and walking speed static for everyone
- These limits are the same for complete noob, or uber with 20+ stamina 100+ strength!
- Ammo, Animal hides, and some other things weigh too much!

Solution!
Make it possible for us to increase those static limits for 170kg's, and 250kg's! This will give us another dynamic way we can personalize and skill up our avatars! Let our Stamina and Strength actually have a use! This would be great for hunters, miners, for events, and gives meaning to some otherwise useless attributes!
:grouphug:

UPDATE: Better revision and simpler idea would be to use strength to boost the weight limits. and to have stamina have something to do with other feature in the future!

Suggestion: 170kg yellow weight limit can be increased with Stamina attribute!
Each stamina point can increase this limit by 1kg. So a person who has 10 stamina has limit of 180 before weight turns yellow. A person who has been working on the iron missions and has 20+ stamina won't get the yellow weight until 190+kg!!

This gives not only stamina a meaning and makes it very valuable, but also it gives way more reason for people to work on all those tonnes of iron missions out there!

Suggestion: 250kg red weight limit can be increased with Strength attribute!
So each strength point can increase this limit by 1kg aswell. This gives a reason for strength!

This solution will give everyone the ability to further work on increasing their avatars! Also it gives another really good reason to work on skilling and increasing our attributes and grinding away at all those iron missions!

Seems silly that a complete noob can carry the same amount of weight as someone with 20 times more stamina and strength!? not very logical. :wise:

So a noob with 1 Stamina, and 10 strength, would have 171kg yellow weight and 260kg red weight limit.
But an uber with 23 Stamina, and 95 strength, would have 193kg yellow weight and 345kg red weight limit.

Positive Outcomes:
- Helps with the weight issues!
- Hunters can hunt longer with less refining!
- Miners don't have to refine as often!
- Help out with overweight during events!
- Get rid of static weight limits makes EU more dynamic!
- Gives real use for Stamina & Strength!
- More hunters will work on the iron missions!

This change really only has positive outcomes for everyone! What does everyone else think about it?

Last edited:
I really like this idea, can you send it to Mindark via a support case? :)

nice idea.

yes, good idea

I agree! Sucks getting over wieght so fast, especially when mobs drops ores

Really true :p

Its a really great idea. Only problem is its a benefit to the player and MA wont do that. They spent so much time making wieght issues already between agi / str nerfs, the item count having a big effect on what you can do as weight rises, and the weight its self.

Be glad you are on CP and not RT. The weights of things there are astronomical. 5 claims of alt rock and you are over weight and have to refine. 15 to 20 claims you must stop or send it to storage in a vehicle recall.

Long ago I bought an anti grav box to help with that when I mined CND rgularly. Then they did a VU and the Anti grav 2 was set to as lame as the anti grav 1 and made it yet another worthless investment.

Like it, but being completely selfish can you swap yellow weight to be improved by Strength and red weight by Stamina. :laugh:

useless , let em work on missing stuff .

if your a fat kid and got to carry lots candy , or if your a miner or hunter with lots ore or hides . use simple cars , load em with the stuff and send it to storage :smoke:

there u got a already working solution , and let em work on the missing stuff now :wise:

useless , let em work on missing stuff .

if your a fat kid and got to carry lots candy , or if your a miner or hunter with lots ore or hides . use simple cars , load em with the stuff and send it to storage :smoke:

there u got a already working solution , and let em work on the missing stuff now :wise:

You can't use a car during event, you can't place cars in domes on asteroid, or during events at CP, so this solution does not work.

Its a really great idea. Only problem is its a benefit to the player and MA wont do that. They spent so much time making wieght issues already between agi / str nerfs, the item count having a big effect on what you can do as weight rises, and the weight its self.

This isn't really a benefit to the player. It makes the gameplay and experience better. And it gives players more time to shoot, mine etc... and increase their turnover which is what MA wants, people will spend more time hunting/mining, as compared to refining/wasting time. It doesn't give any real ped earning advantage.

But in the long term, it gives everyone something more to strive for in customizing their charater in a way which doesn't take are resources on server, or lag, or much time needed from MA to program I think.

Gain for Players, Gain for MA, it's a win-win situation~ !

Refiners are income for MA, not mutch, but income non the less:wise:

But at the other hand.... they will not dissapear since the weight limit will still be there, but just higher.:scratch2:

Good thinking buzz!

Yes please!

Buzz, I think your idea is great!

Give some of the attributes actual meaning.... :wtg:

I love the idea, but if its tied to Stamina I would like all 1 Stamina players given 8 stamina to put them on equal footing as older players otherwise that is a huge 8 kg weight advantage.

Sounds like and excellent idea to me Buzz... even though it would only increase my limit slightly. :)
Nothing worse than being halfway through a hunt and having to go back to storage.. :cussing:

~xXx

I Agree ! Make skill more important as well as attributes !!

I would like to carry few sets of armors, faps, weapons, vehicles, etc. And it's very comfortable when I have it all linked to shortcuts but then I am on yellow weight:(

I love the idea, but if its tied to Stamina I would like all 1 Stamina players given 8 stamina to put them on equal footing as older players otherwise that is a huge 8 kg weight advantage.
Yeap this was the thing I wanted to say, great someone else thought about it too. As we "new" people will never be able to catch up how much we play or how much we deposit, unless ofc they make stamina a skill you can actually skill up like the other attributes.

But overall excellent idea :)

Tell MA its all for "FUN" and well fun costs more money so i think they might go for it for the "FUN" factor :wise:

good idea... full agree with 1. post:)

Yes.

But people have been asking for this since I started playing...

Its too expensive 16k mobs killed for 1 kg weight gain.
Shud be based only on strenght.
Stamina shud be measure of time you can run before tired.
And i hope they dont pull food in game for this issues.

I am very not pleased with this issue myself. The idea I play year after year, but my avatar did not get made before X date means I will always be disfavored to other avatars. In this Case the game is playing favorites depending on when your avatar was created.

I Guess it is to damn hard to have your avatar get the 9 agility older avatars have after you've played for 2 or maybe 3 years. No matter the years in game I will be lesser of a person then anyone who made an avatar before X date.

I agree with Buzz's idea, it helps both the game and the players as more people will hunt to get the strength and stamina unlocks resulting in more decay! While allowing us to carry more.

Yes I will be eternally PISSED THAT I CAN NEVER HAVE THE STAMINA of a avatar not made far before mine.

more mining missions would be great too, maybe for enmatter, as I don't mine ore!

I like the idea in principle, but dont like the stated strength/sta effect.

Just make it 1kg extra for yellow and red for each point of strength or staming

So your yellow limit = base + strength + stamina, so if you had 50 str and 10 sta, it would be 170+50+10=230 And the red limit would be 310.

Really it shouldn't include stamina tho. Should just be strength affecting the limit, which makes sense. Stamina should be used for something else.

I really dont care about the red limit, its the yellow limit that matters. And only having sta effect the yellow, they might as well not even bother. This would be especially true for all the 1sta people(im not one of them), but then we are talking most people with mabye 5 sta, 5 extra kg...who cares.

Its too expensive 16k mobs killed for 1 kg weight gain.
Shud be based only on strenght.
Stamina shud be measure of time you can run before tired.
And i hope they dont pull food in game for this issues.

Hmm yes I agree, the most logical attribute to help for being over the weight limit of how much we can carry would be Strength!

maybe that would be the simplest solution. And hopefully other attributes can be used for other things as said above!

One Thing about a change like this, is it's just a tweak, it wouldn't take huge resources as Hangers, or Taming etc, seems like it would be simple enough feature to add!

That is the reason for posting suggestions. That once the community pipes in we can shape it up are refine it. And show MA that the community agrees that it would make EU better! To add a simple great feature!
:grouphug:

Last edited:
Back