Race time!!! Peds to be won!!

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
Age of Enlightenment are please to announce the first of our exciting new events!!

AoE are a brand new soc, all about fun, good times and friendship!

To celebrate our return to Calypso after a few weeks on Arkadia, we are holiding a race!! All are invited. Anyone who wants to have great fun, and get the chance to win some peds are welcome!

This isnt an ordinary race, this is LAND SEA AND AIR! you better be able to sail, fly and drive, as you will need it! We Will provide all vehicles, fuel and prizes, all you have to do is be there! No entry fee, just good fun!

First prize - 100ped plus full TT armour set from Arkadia
Second prize - 50 ped
Third Prize 25 ped

Come be a part fo the fun!

New Switzerland, 2200 ma time, weekend in July 2011!! ( still to be decided 100%) :wtg::wtg:

Great Video about the race!!-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWxCBe8LpV0

and the whole route - ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/KistriAnna#p/u/2/q0gVtZ_IOO4

Video Curtosey of the amazing Valena T-Jay - Spielberg extraodinaire!!

Edit 1
We have organised a few races in the past, but this one is the daddy, it took weeks and weeks of preparation to get everything to click into place. I hope you will all have as much fun racing it as we have had organising it!

Some points of interest about this race and route ( that may be useful to you :wise:)
( i will post rules, map and coords in Edit 2 )

The Boat race;

You will begin on the bridge at New Switzerland. here you will board your speedboat and await the countdown and fire of the rocket launcher. You will speed off at full throttle around the twisty bends and shallow waters. Watch out! Argo about! These are swimming Argo, who will go after you and your boat, armour or running shoes are advised.

You will beach your boat either beside the Aircraft if you managed to get the boat that far, or you will have abandoned it in the ever shallowing waters and ran for your life.

The Aircraft will all be lined up, gleaming in the sun, get in as fast as you can and take to the air as you speed towards the final stage. Chose wisely, too low and you will hit the trees, too high and you will lose precious seconds.

Landing at the race track you will see the race cars all lined up. Get in and race around the track as fast as those little wheels will take you.

The track is a big circle, you will be being followed by some aircraft who will be making sure that you are at least semi following the circle shape. You can cut corners, but be warned, we have done this route many a time, and cut all the corners you can cut, most of them will slow you down. The terrain is rough out there, trees, logs, stumps, cliffs and rocks could end any chance you had at victory.

You will zoom around the track and veer off to the finish line, where the after party is waiting for you with the prizes.

Good Luck Racers!!!

Edit 2 -
The Official Date has been set, its Friday 1st of July.

We are pleased to announce that John Black Knight is going to provide us with some of his lovely aircraft for the race.

Thanks John !

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Fleet-rental-service-for-PVP-events-landgrabs

Quick tip - John, Sasha and myself are providing the vehicles. This means if you manage to flip the car or somehow you cant complete the race with the vehicle, Game over!!

This makes it interesting as you have to be fast.... but carefull!!!

Map and description curtosey of the beautiful Sasha.

This does require a little explination...

Sea
The green line represents the first leg. This starts where it says "start" and ends where it says "end 1". There is a little bridge by the the teleport at the start, the boats will be lined up there for your racing goodness. When the race starts you will increase to warp speed along the river to the east following the route to the north, around the curve finishing at a little beach where the planes will be waiting for your boarding pleasure.
Warning! The river is shallow and windey, there are argo here too, if you get grounded you will be attacked!

Air
After heriocly fighting off all the misunderstood argonaut you will be in your seconded aircraft for the second leg of the race. This is on the map as a blue line. This will take you from where it says "end 1" to where it says "end 2". Avoiding the trees you will need to take the most direct route to compete with your fellow racers There is a small crossing with a road on it where you will find your vehicles for the third and final leg of the race.

Land
The yellow route shows the final leg of the race. This is from where it says "end 2" to where it says "finish". You will need to go around the track in an ANTI clockwise direction (counter clockwise). It is one lap. Because you are all very comeptative we do not expect you to take the exact track i.e we anticipate you trying to take shortcuts. This is fne so long as you go around the track in the most part. We know how long this route takes, if you come back to quickly you will be disqualified. Conversly you only have 10 minutes with the vehicles so don't take to long! Shortcuts are also known to be bumpy, rolling the vehicle would be a shame.
GO GO GO
It is recomended to go and practice on this route! It is not as easy as it sounds. Any questions, please ask, if you need more information then please let Alain or myself know and we will gladley post it here.

Happy racing, Sasha

We are also looking for cheerleaders, party people, ground crew, screenshotters are anyone else wanting to have great fun!

Back stage -
Alaina Bonnie Scotia
SashaSD Sash Lomas
John Black Knight
Newyork Rose (purple cheerleader!)

Racers -
Jess Tyke
Teshik
SirMixalot
staticsleep
Oleg
Hideo
Evil Aeon
Albert Le Vert
BBpunisher
Nel
Luckycharm
Gabrielle Minuit Rosenoire
McSneak
TunerS
Anzak
Mell Bosshart
Daytona Brownie
Crazy Fish
Cappy

Last edited:
Looks like a fun route, I'll be there :D. Are there any checkpoints or anything like that?

I might give this one a go :)

22nd is a Friday... do you mean Saturday 23rd?

Looks like a fun route, I'll be there :D. Are there any checkpoints or anything like that?

Great! The only check points are where you have to get the next vehicle :) Ill explain all the ins and outs of it in my first post edits, :)

I might give this one a go :)

22nd is a Friday... do you mean Saturday 23rd?

oh good point... We well need to get the date worked out 100%, I need all the event organisers to agree lol. It will definately be a Friday or Saturday Evening, in July, at 2200ma time :) Just need to work out exactly which one :silly2: I will do that asap, so you can all write it in your diaries :cool:

Updated first post.

Last edited:
looks like fun!:yay:
how do i sign up, will there be an in-game event registration? if not, i´ll do it now with this post :D
full avatar name: Maelcum Hideo Newmark
depending on the date i might not be there, :( cause 3rd July is my Bday :beerchug:

regards
hideo

looks like fun!:yay:
how do i sign up, will there be an in-game event registration? if not, i´ll do it now with this post :D
full avatar name: Maelcum Hideo Newmark
depending on the date i might not be there, :( cause 3rd July is my Bday :beerchug:

regards
hideo

Great idea, lets start a list :) I can guarantee it wont be the 2nd or 3rd lol ( due to other organisers commitments) Its will be a friday or Saturday for sure, maybe Friday the 1st :) ( i am waiting for a moderator to change the title asap! lol)

Looks fun . I will participate :cool:

Excellent lets get the list started then :)

staticsleep
Oleg
Hideo
Evil Aeon

Nice

Hello a race in new switzerland, i wish participate.:yay:

Thanks for organisate free event like that.
Ps (i'm swiss:laugh:)

Looks like fun - hopefully on a Saturday!

Hello a race in new switzerland, i wish participate.:yay:

Thanks for organisate free event like that.
Ps (i'm swiss:laugh:)

Great Ill add you to the list!

Looks like fun - hopefully on a Saturday!

Im afraid it is going to be Friday the 1st of July. Ill add you to the list anyway, and you can tell me if you cant make it :)

Origional post edited, see latest info about the race!!

staticsleep
Oleg
Hideo
Evil Aeon
Albert Le Vert
BBpunisher

Can't make it

While I loathe to miss any race - Fridays don't work for me, as that is the afternoon in the US and I will still be at work. If you do more events in the future I hope you will consider running them on Saturdays instead.

The event really looks like a lot of fun and I hope it is a big success.

Good luck to all the racers!

:beerchug:

Miles

Subscribing and really looking forward to meet you all on this great racing event :)
Thank you Alaina for having me onboard :yay:

While I loathe to miss any race - Fridays don't work for me, as that is the afternoon in the US and I will still be at work. If you do more events in the future I hope you will consider running them on Saturdays instead.

The event really looks like a lot of fun and I hope it is a big success.

Good luck to all the racers!

:beerchug:

Miles

Im sorry its a Friday Miles, we will be holding many more, and will make sure the next is a Saturday!

Subscribing and really looking forward to meet you all on this great racing event :)
Thank you Alaina for having me onboard :yay:

:yay::yay: So glad you can be part of it again JBK, woulndt be the same without you!

Super great event ! i'd love to join !:wtg:

Can I come too in the race car ? :)

My name is Gabrielle Minuit Rosenoire ingame :)

Last edited:
Very nice event, I think I am able to get there, I am not 100% sure. If there is some form of maybe list I would love to be singed up on it.

Very nice event, I think I am able to get there, I am not 100% sure. If there is some form of maybe list I would love to be singed up on it.

Sure ill add you to the list on the first post onthe thread, if you cant make it, please let me know :)

This is going to be great fun :) See you all there :wtg:

Yay!!!

:cheer: Hand me the pom poms!!!...I drive terribly!!..I will be the pit crew for our society Alaina!!...Going to be a blast!! :yay:

Bump for the event!

14 racers and counting, not long to go now! :yay:

How many days left?

Just 3 days to go!!

Could all those wishing to take part, yup race for free and win peds!! please come to New switzerland tp at 2130 ma time on Friday the 1st.

Due to us provinding all the vehicles, we must get all raceres in team in order to get you all on the guest lists. This means the race will be run in 2 heats ( judging by the numbers so far).

We work work the heats as very simple qualifiers, if you get placed in the first race, (ie first second and third) you will get to compete in the final. Heats and final will be run right after each other.

Good luck racers!!! :cool:

I am interested in joining, but might be a bit to late for me. Add me to the participant list, I might find the time :)

Back