An odd question...

- Lilith -

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Kallisti Lilith Me'Kai
Does anyone know how long a dropped item will remain on the ground before disappearing? The reason I ask this is that in the past my society has run hunt and seek events for players, where the organizer of the event ran out to a location and dropped an item for the others to search for at the appropriate coordinates. I'm curious how long an item will remain before disappearing, since I'm probably going to start coordinating these events myself. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

don't they stay forever until picked up?

have no idea. Once the priest and i was out running. we saw some ammo on the ground (or did we place them? dont quite remember). What I DO remember is, that we crashed, when logging in again it was still there. We logged out close by - next day when logging in - it was still there. These items was bugged, because you could not take them!
BUT
I dont think placed items will ever dissapear though, unless someone is taking them :D

- Lilith - said:
Does anyone know how long a dropped item will remain on the ground before disappearing? The reason I ask this is that in the past my society has run hunt and seek events for players, where the organizer of the event ran out to a location and dropped an item for the others to search for at the appropriate coordinates. I'm curious how long an item will remain before disappearing, since I'm probably going to start coordinating these events myself. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

Tis' a very good question - probably worth sending a support case to MA to ask. Just dont expect a quick answer atm lol

well, actually:

while mining, i have had times that i lost some bombs without detonating (long time ago, before mining update) and they would be there still after about 10 months till i asked support to give them back :p they did actually.
(they where still in items list as "World" and will/would stay there till picked up)
but, i think, now, with every VU items get removed...not sure tho. MA did mention it in a few they removed "trash items" so to say, from the ground

When I bought me a pair of new shoes atleast 6 months ago, I must have left my old ones in the store. They are still on my inventory list.
snap.jpg

Anyone seen a pair of shoes somewhere in Hades, please let me know :laugh:

Pretty sure they stay there for ever... if not then easily long enough for a your event.

When i first climbed the spiral mountain someone had left a few pec there... so i took it and left something from myself in return... Now whenever i reach something like the very tip of eudoria or amethera, or have climbed a very high or steep peek, i leave a few pec or ME for others to come across (to brighten up a day). I feel sure they stay there as i know that people have come across them days later.

Thanks everyone....

I really appreciate all the info and advice. I guessed that there might not be a time limit but I kind of wanted some other confirmation first. Now to start looking for places and ideas for events.

Very good question Lilith, hope you find the answer cuz now I want to know :cool:

Rooster said:
Pretty sure they stay there for ever... if not then easily long enough for a your event.

When i first climbed the spiral mountain someone had left a few pec there... so i took it and left something from myself in return... Now whenever i reach something like the very tip of eudoria or amethera, or have climbed a very high or steep peek, i leave a few pec or ME for others to come across (to brighten up a day). I feel sure they stay there as i know that people have come across them days later.

I don't take what's there, I just leave something additional. I found some ME and ammo on the top of HI and I added a can of orange paint and a bottle of sweat (didn't have anything else to drop). Sort of like climbing Everest, you leave a marker that you were there.

Hopefully, people will respect these offerings and add to them and not take them.

Would be a nice tradition, but a reality check says that sooner or later, someone will just grab whatever they find there and we'll have to start all over.

Spiral Mountain items....

Rooster said:

When I climbed spiral mountain a month or so ago, there was nothing up there. Now I need to go back and drop an item from someone else for next time. :D Which that reminds me.... I need to go find another place to "hide" and ask where I've been again. That seemed pretty fun.

i dunno how long items stay, all i know if i leave some pec's by the statue @ memorial island, they won't there long :-(

greetings,

bigdeal

I once spend 50 ped ammo on Akoz longu land and the whole loot i got, i left on the ground.Loot was 412 pec,and i can live without them.... ;)

Back