How many Devs does it take to change a TEXT string? (ie Rename: CND to FOMA).

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
WE DID IT!

Finally! FOMA has been renamed!

eu-foma-renamed.jpg

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thank you devs for listening. Appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

Sigh...

It seems these forum threads fall on deaf ears. And our support cases are simply canned and closed.

A while back I was stupid enough to invest in FOMA, and own two shops there (formerly known as Club Neverdie many years ago). The deeds still read the name: Club Neverdie Shop ##, and the location listed is Asteroid. There is NO mention of the word FOMA anywhere.

I happen to know a bit about programming... and changing the TEXT value in the properties of a master object... should take no more than 5 minutes. It is a simple task. (Very similar to Text Search & Replace.. only this is done manually.)

It is clearly a MISTAKE, a TYPO that has existed for YEARS now.

ANYONE will tell you (including MA employees/CEO) that Club Neverdie Shop ## text on a FOMA deed... is incorrect .. and should have been changed immediately following the sale.

What sort of a business does not CARE to protect the value of its own assets? Specially a business that RELIES on its virtual assets to keep them afloat? And specially a golden egg asset that makes a LOT of peds for them on a hourly/daily/weekly/yearly basis!

About 5 million HoFs and Globals ding each day with the name: FOMA Fortuna - we all know thats where the magic happens - and peds are pouring out from the seams of every corner.

Absolutely NO ONE wants to touch these deeds thinking it points to a certain rockstar planet! (Devaluation by association!) We put them into trade window and are instantly labelled as a "scammer" as nothing states FOMA on the deeds.... etc.

Why would Mindark wish to see a diminishing value of all assets of FOMA by still calling it CND/Club Neverdie? Is this deliberate sabotage? Utter laziness? Or sheer disregard for its investors?

People who INVEST in these properties worth THOUSANDS of US dollars, are the people who DEPOSIT tens of thousands of dollars into EU (eg FOMA owner, Land owners, Shop owners, etc). And MA doesn't even lift a finger to accomodate these depositors? (I mean people who deposit thousands of USD should atleast have a BETTER lootpool - but we dont even get that... but I digress...)

Atleast give us priority support? Make the PAYING customer happy? Don't keep kicking us ALL the time, perhaps?!

Why do we need to mobilize a million petitions and support cases to get something as tiny as a typo (which has larger consequences on the economy) to get fixed in years?

How many Board of Directors meetings does it involve to get a typo fixed?

How many devs have to waste weeks pondering the "code" to change a TEXT label?

Shame, shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee
Agree that this should be changed. Started trying to convince MA to change it in November of 2010(upon the acquisition of the Asteroid). Perhaps if more people open support cases regarding this matter - it might move things along a bit faster.

LOL I thought you´re gonna tell a joke, "how many devs does it take..." nevermind :lolup:

Absolutely NO ONE wants to touch these deeds thinking it points to a certain rockstar planet! (Devaluation by association!) We put them into trade window and are instantly labelled as a "scammer" as nothing states FOMA on the deeds.... etc.

I think you are so wrong with this statement. If these deeds was on a certain rockstar planet you will find they would of been sold, the following threads would confim this.:wise:

http://www.neverdie.com/selling/12340-tangerine-shop-4-stalls.html

http://www.neverdie.com/rocktropia-real-estate/10955-neverdie-studio.html

http://www.neverdie.com/shops/11986-rocktropia-feb-2012-shop-poll.html

I will give you my support as i belive things should be changed, so it dose not confuse new players and i have no problems FOMA Owner he should be able to do what he wants for something he paid for.

Maybe investors need to start outside the box by going to the Swedish version of the better business bureau ? After all you are an investor in the company.And their ignoring you !

there is no more officials here :D go post ur thread away lol

This has now been posted on the official Entropia Forums under Ask Mindark: HERE

This has now been posted on the official Entropia Forums under Ask Mindark: HERE

There is no "official forum" - EF is as "official" as every other forum...

Actually, the chances that one of the Calypso people reads this are way bigger here.
(but then again, they appear to be gone for good... well, disregard the last line)

There is no "official forum" - EF is as "official" as every other forum...

Actually, the chances that one of the Calypso people reads this are way bigger here.
(but then again, they appear to be gone for good... well, disregard the last line)

Sigh... so what are we supposed to do? Stop trying?

MA should change how LA work so there is no neglect. You want deposits to be found, you should be paying for them to spawn much like mobs.

It does bother me I hold deeds with incorrect info on them.

Well...

..this issue is not going anywhere...

..and neither is this topic....

...and nor am I...

...until someone from Mindark responds to this...

...or fixes the TEXT!

:mad:

In Germany we have a landscape called East Friesland. A couple of years ago we got a wave of jokes about it's inhabitants the Eastfrisians. One of the jokes asked a famillar question:

How many Eastfrisians are necessary to change a light bulb?
Answer: Three. One who holds the bulb and two who turn the table he is standing on.

We did it!

WE DID IT!

eu-foma-renamed.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE DID IT!

Shouldn't that read "They did it"?

It seems you grossly overestimate the influence of this thread...

However, gz to whoever made this possible - the universe has yet again been saved, just at the very verge of doom - what a thrill! I'm glad i could share that experience with you all!

*sheds a tear*

:yup:

WE DID IT!

eu-foma-renamed.jpg

Well done with your determination and am glad it paid off.

Back