The most eco rifle available?

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
After my recent visit at Hunt the Thing, I played around a bit with the TT assault rifle.

It's a pretty useless weapon but it has some funny features which i just wanted to mention here.

The first thing I noticed when I first fired this rifle was that it did not hit anything. I was pointing at the target but nothing happened. It turns out that this weapon can only hit of you spray fire a target. that means you have to move the gun while firing it. So very unlike any conventional gun I've ever fired.

The funny thing about this, is that this weapon can potentially do way more damage then it's statistics show. The chart says that it only does 1-2 damage. But his is not completely true. It only does 1-2 per target, but it can hit several targets at once when you fire a burst. To hit 5 targets in 1 shot is fairly easy, which means you can do way more then 2 damage (up to 5 when hitting 5 targets! (max 1dmg per target if you hot more then 1 target)). This is unlike the grenade type weapons which has a total damage pool from which the damage is located.

With an ammo burn of just 41 and an exceptional decay this weapon can easily do more then 20 dmg/pec which makes it (maybe) the most eco weapon in the game. The biggest drawback of it, is that most regeneration rates are higher then the dmg/sec rate which makes it quite useless in the end.

Except maybe if you go on a group hunt, maybe then you can actually kill stuff with it. Maybe I will give this a try sometimes and post the results.

So, the assault rifle, fun but useless weapon!

(oh and btw, you can't get rid of this weapon so don't buy to many of them ;) )

PS. I've just made short fraps vid of it but don't know how to upload :ahh:

So here a screenshot. Fired from right to left.

and from left to right

Last edited:
Can you spray fire it on the same mob say vertical and get all the hits on the same mob for multiple dmg?

-Bemo-

Can you spray fire it on the same mob say vertical and get all the hits on the same mob for multiple dmg?

-Bemo-

No, you can only hit a mob once per shot. So the max you can do per mob is 2 damage.

Does it always do 1 damage per target when you try to hit multiple targets per burst?

Yes, as far as I've seen all multiple hits are for just 1.

And after I just vacuum cleaned the living, I think I know why.
I think the lowest amount of damage that you can do is 1. For example, if you hit a guy wearing hermes armour with an opalo you still hit for 1 damage, even though the hermes should soak all.

So what I posted earlier about the damage pool (like grenade weapons) might not be correct. The game mechanics probably work the same. But if you hit 5 targets with a damage pool of 2 (2/5= 0,4 dmg/target) they are all rounded up.

:rolleyes:

Yes, as far as I've seen all multiple hits are for just 1.

And after I just vacuum cleaned the living, I think I know why.
I think the lowest amount of damage that you can do is 1. For example, if you hit a guy wearing hermes armour with an opalo you still hit for 1 damage, even though the hermes should soak all.

So what I posted earlier about the damage pool (like grenade weapons) might not be correct. The game mechanics probably work the same. But if you hit 5 targets with a damage pool of 2 (2/5= 0,4 dmg/target) they are all rounded up.

:rolleyes:

That makes sense, but I think area of damage guns and this gun hit differently.

A grenade or rocket launcher hits all targets simultaneously, thus the system can calculate the number of targets hit and split the damage equally.

With this gun however, you hit targets one after the other and the system would not know if you will hit other targets with the same shot, thus it can't predict how to split the damage.

What a weird gun :confused:

That makes sense, but I think area of damage guns and this gun hit differently.

A grenade or rocket launcher hits all targets simultaneously, thus the system can calculate the number of targets hit and split the damage equally.

With this gun however, you hit targets one after the other and the system would not know if you will hit other targets with the same shot, thus it can't predict how to split the damage.

What a weird gun :confused:

No, this is not correct. To bad i can't show the vid.

You spray fire the gun, which takes about 2 seconds. Only after the gun has stopped firing, ALL the damages done appear simultaneously. So it does know how to split damage. So only after the gun stops, you can see how many mobs you've hit.

thanks for that info.. I thought the rifle was broken. And you can buy a lot of them, just leave them in the thing storage when you are done shooting.
I think this, as well as the pistol are excellent choices to hunt the karabok with on arkadia. The karabok drops hides worth over 300%. That combined with the "spray" eco should result in pure profit.

No, this is not correct. To bad i can't show the vid.

You spray fire the gun, which takes about 2 seconds. Only after the gun has stopped firing, ALL the damages done appear simultaneously. So it does know how to split damage. So only after the gun stops, you can see how many mobs you've hit.

I see. Due to the rounding up you can have the best eco I've ever seen. Thanks for the info +rep.

I think the damage system which the assault rifle has, will also be implemented for bigger weapons.
The flame thrower also uses this system but then a bit more complex due to the continuing fire damage. The flamer will also let you set several mobs on fire with just 1 shot if you use the sweeping motion.

It's actually a pretty cool system, because this creates REAL automatic weapons. :handgun:

hurray for it being BLP :wtg:

So, let me loot a Assault rifle Mark V please :tongue2:

Actually I might have found a good purpose for this rfle.

It's a cheap tagger for a melee skiller. Just spray around a bit and with the failrly long range you can easily draw some mobs towards you for just 0,5 pec.This will save you a lot of walking around with your sword. :yup:

Actually I might have found a good purpose for this rfle.

It's a cheap tagger for a melee skiller. Just spray around a bit and with the failrly long range you can easily draw some mobs towards you for just 0,5 pec.This will save you a lot of walking around with your sword. :yup:

And with a range of 82.5 m, it sure is a tagger

Can you amp it? And what effect does that have?

No, you can only hit a mob once per shot. So the max you can do per mob is 2 damage.

little less eco than a viper whip.

I really wish they would have taken the REAL LIFE stats into account here.. This weapon is exactly similar to an M16A4 or M4 carbine. They shoot 5.56 rounds and I can fire it effectivley without missing from up to 500 meters away. Also, when I click over to burst instead of fire I can shoot off three shots with one click. The NDS really jacked up this weapon making it only 82.5 meters.. I can throw a rock further than this stupid gun can shoot.. This is an absolute apaulling joke to this awesome rifle!

Sorry for the rant..I'm in the military so this is one of the things that kind of irks me. If you look at my profile picture you will see that I have a few of these ;) (M16A4 version in picture) I've upgraded since :)

Rant aside, this rifle seems like it would be pretty good for melee users to spray multiple targets and then swing at them. When I first started off melee I found I was often having to use something to tag them in ONE at a time or walk around A LOT; so I quit melee and went to just ranged and short ranged weapons.

Hopefully, they come out with better versions like the Assult Rifle A1/A2/A3/A4 (FA)(L) etc... would be cool to see a real actual version that is 500 m capable ;)

~Danimal

Old news to be fair. Yes it is the most eco weapon in the game for "low game". In 1 burst I was able to hit upto 7 targets. All was 1.0 dmg for all targets. This weapon is a beast just a shame its low damage & you still can't sell it.

Can you amp it? And what effect does that have?

haven't tried that one yet. Not sure, but are there BLP amps that do onoy 1 dmg? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to amp it.

can it be used to hit only one target ?

Yes. You can hit as many targets as you like. All targets you point over while the gun is firing will be hit.
If you only spray over 1 target, it will only hit that target. Just beware of accidental hits of target standing behind the intended target.

In 1 burst I was able to hit upto 7 targets...

only 7?! :laugh:

I got 13!!! wooo I win? :yay:
The first thing I noticed when I first fired this rifle was that it did not hit anything. I was pointing at the target but nothing happened. It turns out that this weapon can only hit of you spray fire a target. that means you have to move the gun while firing it. So very unlike any conventional gun I've ever fired.

Actually, you can hit with it while not moving the cursor, and you can also not hit with it while sweeping your target/s... it's a little buggy
(I don't mean get MISS, I mean just plain not hit, as if you never pointed at the target)

Except maybe if you go on a group hunt, maybe then you can actually kill stuff with it. Maybe I will give this a try sometimes and post the results.

I would love to do a group hunt with these on some small mobs with little to no regen!
(10 people vs. a pack of merps?) :handgun::handgun::handgun: :swoon::swoon::swoon:

So, the assault rifle, fun but useless weapon!
Fun? - Yes! I have burned most of mine in the PvP ring in Twin Peaks! Very fun, with it's non-stop firing noise, and getting kills when people run in without healing is pretty funny!

Useless? - No! It has 80 range, which makes it a very cheap and pretty decent tagger rifle! :wise:
Also, it's a nice finisher on Puny mobs when doing new Puny missions or swunting
(1-shot a bunch of mobs with Opalo, finish them by sweeping with Assault Rifle)

By the way... if you try to mount this weapon on a wall mount, it sticks the bottom of the gun to the mount, as if you were sitting it on the floor (instead of the side of the gun as should be to display on wall mounts)

what about landgrab with 200 noobs spraying with this gun.. against ubers.. 200 damage per shot, on all opponents.. if they are within 82.5 m...

what about landgrab with 200 noobs spraying with this gun.. against ubers.. 200 damage per shot, on all opponents.. if they are within 82.5 m...
would be epic!!! :lolup:

lol :lolup:

the sight of 200 noobs...

Grenade anyone? :rocket:

;)

Back