Entropia Universe 12.6.2 Release Notes

heh,sam ehere...never knew rightclicking was possible..and i too sucked in pvp:)

I guess I am n00b.

I just clik the healthbar that I dragged to shoot/loot.
:/

But hey, now I at least understand wtf right-clikking was!

In PvP I just ran around in 1st person and would shoot when ava was in my sight....
(Guess who sux in PvP?)
:D

Tippin'

But this does bring it inline with other PVP games, how many other games only allow you to fire when a target is in the weapon sight?

And now we have a shiny new veteran CTO to bring the game up to speed...

I've not actually played Crysis et. al. Don't those games (using this engine) have online PvP modes? Did any Gamebryo games (no idea)? There's a lot of difference under the hood but it suggests there's potential for making the EU client-server interaction tighter, and with the new popular "pro" PvP in Cyrene, it's in the best interests of MA to make EU more "competitive" as a PvP option.

Hmmm...

PS I do remember what Rony speaks of, but I don't think an officially-enabled cheat is a better alternative.

I understand now the potential of quick right click before this VU in PVP mode. Damn easy and secure to kill. pfff

To the players crying about this change maybe they should go play counter strike for a few days to train a bit the aim. Yes here ammo cost real money, so what?! adapt or go away. Or your uber items and skills stoped to work with this last VU. lol

Soon I hope to buy a new computer... then maybe I ll try to give a few headshot's since I never used that tricky of speedy right click and I don't need to adapt! :laugh:

Boom! Headshot!

Toxic in all pvp zone and area loteable :handgun::scared:

bummer, that's exactly how I've always hunted to avoid wasting ammo... guess casual grinding while watching a TV will be a bit less frequent, and when I'm on a sh*tty hotel connection, and in laggy highly active areas...

this seems less like a pvp balance, and more like a squeeze on one of the key parts of economical hunting. Otherwise it would make more sense for this to be active only in pvp regions.

Oh well, adapt and move on :)

I understand now the potential of quick right click before this VU in PVP mode. Damn easy and secure to kill. pfff

To the players crying about this change maybe they should go play counter strike for a few days to train a bit the aim. Yes here ammo cost real money, so what?! adapt or go away. Or your uber items and skills stoped to work with this last VU. lol

Soon I hope to buy a new computer... then maybe I ll try to give a few headshot's since I never used that tricky of speedy right click and I don't need to adapt! :laugh:

Boom! Headshot!

I like this change, dont get me wrong, but you cant compare PK in EU to CS or bf3 and games like that. It's alot harder to aim in EU, so if you want to be good at PK in EU, you need to practise in EU :p

I like this change, dont get me wrong, but you cant compare PK in EU to CS or bf3 and games like that. It's alot harder to aim in EU, so if you want to be good at PK in EU, you need to practise in EU :p

Do you like this change to jump and heal all the time?Do you do not think that this would be more fun if all here had something to lose?Some use ammo and others use injections-toxic.
Oh and all the pvp area loteables :cool:

Do you like this change to jump and heal all the time?Do you do not think that this would be more fun if all here had something to lose?Some use ammo and others use injections-toxic.
Oh and all the pvp area loteables :cool:

Personally I totally agree Belza. Make all toxic and will start be fair.

bummer, that's exactly how I've always hunted to avoid wasting ammo... guess casual grinding while watching a TV will be a bit less frequent, and when I'm on a sh*tty hotel connection, and in laggy highly active areas...

You have always the possibility to create the HP bar... 90% of my hunt is that way. And I also turn my head to the tv time to time no problem.

I started using right-click since the first month in game... shooting in the air was too expensive for a new player. The fact some old players did not know the feature shows they either have too many peds RL, or the reason they lose so much.

IF <pvp=true AND flavour=4> THEN <right-click=0>
ELSE <right-click=1>

Too much for you MA? Well then I have an "exploit" for ya': I'll equip a melee weapon before looting, the "action key" was so bugged in the past I'll not bother to see if it was fixed or not (i.e. the associated looting key did not worked all the time, and the pick-up one either for stones and fruits).

Of course, soon somebody will make melee weapons decay even if no hit/miss... well.. we'll think of something else then.

Please put the loot messages into a chat window too (I think I'll make it a signature)

I started using right-click since the first month in game... shooting in the air was too expensive for a new player. The fact some old players did not know the feature shows they either have too many peds RL, or the reason they lose so much.

Or they simply know how to aim the crosshair at the mob before shooting :coffee:

Or they simply know how to aim the crosshair at the mob before shooting :coffee:

As one who used aim mode for years, I can assure you that you can't avoid misses using aim mode that you don't have using health bar or right click. There were some mobs that were notoriously easy to "shoot through" or miss because of mis-aligned hit boxes. I use the health bar a lot these days because my ISP is flaky enough that I get regular misses if I don't due to mob warping, so it's not always as simple as saying "just aim it right".

Now, I do wish that autoaim and its siblings were done away with, but there need to be some real improvements in the platform before that's a practical move. Of course, it will never happen because there are plenty of "weekend clickers", as well as many others who, even if the client/server was improved to the point that poor network connections didn't == missed mob shots, would simply stop hunting if they had to use aim mode. So until the playing field is (unlikely)forcibly leveled i'll probably keep autoaiming on a lot of mobs because I don't want to waste peds by buggy misses.

Real Pk'ers are the ones that do no hide behind gear...
EXACTLY.
With Mod/Imp fap, decent tier L armor, I can tell you, hardly you'd kill me one on one, unless you used a huge gun that would one shot me.
But again, this update brings more income to MA
More wasted PED PKing, more wasted peds for hunters.
I think I'll dedicate myself to fishing or mining.

I don't see miners being nerfed at all ... :scratch2:

Very true
PK in EU is hardly simillar to any FPS game,
EU is laggier, like rony mentioned ,theres always a lag when someone gets in ur radar or whatever. Lots of crashes, lots of bugs.

In CS/BF3/MW3, whatver, when you shot in the place, it actually damages the place (like headshot). In Eu, as long as the name shows highligted (even if you're not hitting the person itself) it'll count.

You have always the possibility to create the HP bar... 90% of my hunt is that way. And I also turn my head to the tv time to time no problem.

True, but this was the way i was comfortable with, but then again pre Cry2 i was used to the auto aim and fire thing as well before they got rid of it, dragging health bars all the time seems annoying though. I'll just stick to large hp/physical size mobs lol

I just hunted some fouls at Eos - dark terrain, dark mob.. they'll charge towards you and dissapear in a small pit and there you go shooting in the air even using right-click. Even shooting directly into the mob at 4m with a pistol, the shot will go through it and hit the ground below, sometimes. Chirpy/insects should be much fun!

It's plain robbery - want us to be deadly accurate? Take out the missed shots then - fully maxed weapons, short range, no reason to miss the shot. The blank shots should compensate from now on, also fix the hit box not to be transparent. I paid extra attention today - the name of the mob was under cursor, yet the shot went astray. Can I ask for a meter range on the mob too, like those on team targets? The radar thingy is accurate enough.. for 1988.

And to the cheapest "girls" on the freeway (you know who you are), stop defending this change afecting non-pvp/lootable areas as well. It's not defensible, in this game every shot counts and this is just another way to lose peds.

In PVP lootable I could care less (hunters there will disagree for good reason), never enter it except being forced to in space. It was funny at Solfais with the mob moving all the place and "teleporting" due to lag - I pitty high-damage weapon users. Yes... mob health bar helps, procedure below:

1. Draaaaaaaaaaaaaag the mob bar to your desktop

2. Doooooouble click it

3. Either riiiiiight-click it and select use tool, or press Auto-tool

4. Towards the end be sure you manually shoot otherwise the auto-tool will be still on after mob is dead - major loss.

5. Riiiiight-click the dead mob bar and loot it, or use shortcut loot key if it's working properly (tested today despite my previous post, is working for now, but so was before - bug was intermitent)

6. Haaaaaave fun, rinse-repeat.

EXACTLY.
With Mod/Imp fap, decent tier L armor, I can tell you, hardly you'd kill me one on one, unless you used a huge gun that would one shot me.
But again, this update brings more income to MA
More wasted PED PKing, more wasted peds for hunters.
I think I'll dedicate myself to fishing or mining.

I don't see miners being nerfed at all ... :scratch2:

Very true
PK in EU is hardly simillar to any FPS game,
EU is laggier, like rony mentioned ,theres always a lag when someone gets in ur radar or whatever. Lots of crashes, lots of bugs.

In CS/BF3/MW3, whatver, when you shot in the place, it actually damages the place (like headshot). In Eu, as long as the name shows highligted (even if you're not hitting the person itself) it'll count.

I guess you havent visited the mining subsection of the forum in a while :)

of course lag/bugs are a problem that need to be addressed but any FPS game i have played in the past required you to predict where the person will be and account for latency issues. "all" it takes is a bit of practice and some hand eye coordination, and people with the best gear and high skills (HP) will still have a advantage, they just have to actually move their mouse and you know, aim at what they want to kill.

Suggestion : Since we WILL miss/spend more "naturally" (even some mob dance around).....MA please remove the "Miss" fire "effect" Eh ^^ Hell since were going there, why not remove "Dodge" skill form pvp now also :)

Real aim Real dodge ^^ :D Makes sense.... you know it ;)

Yeah, I agree, remove all, leave just an "insert coin" slot.. :laugh:

I was always hunting with using right click.
Now I see that even not in PvP areas if I click right click I shoot in the air and waste ammo and decay.

This is bad, really, I'm considring playing much less cuz of it. it makes hunting so no fun now.

I sugegest that if you want to make people not able to use right-click in pvp, then make it that it will not be possible to right click people and only mobs.

Or make it that right click disbaled only in the hub on Cyrene.

Anyway what you just did is really bad, I bet many more people will hunt less.

Max

Or you simply have no ideea that you can shoot through mobs even if targeted correctly. Lay down on the cofee and over-cheerleading - game will no improve from yes-man, thats for sure.

Some of us are stating facts here from personal experience, don't try to look down on us. Do you have any critical observations to try to improve the game, or your perm job is to pick up on posters?

If i'm understanding the discussion correctly, right click to fire has been removed.

Solution: Pull out the name and left click on it. You still walk towards it and loot it automatically.

They deactivated right click in PVP. Now it will cost 10 times more to kill someone in PVP since EU isnt designed as a PVP game and 90% of shots will be lost in empty space.

Time for me to move somewhere else, I cant afford this money, lol.

But actually pk skills start to matter now again. Back to pvp for Buck ;)

I want to be able to map my right-click mouse to any action then as it's the same as left-click now - can at least have that? I'll map it to loot mob.

If i'm understanding the discussion correctly, right click to fire has been removed.

Solution: Pull out the name and left click on it. You still walk towards it and loot it automatically.

Finally! Someone has answered my question.. I couldn't stand another post about someone whining or complaining.

To Others~Yes, this change might affect the way you play; however, not really stating why or how is usless. Whining and complaining about it won't solve the problem if you do not logically state what and how it is broken.

~Danimal

That's cause you n00ber like me, Dan.
:D

I'd rt clik every now and then to get position (occasionally loot it), but as far as hunting, left was just fine for me.

I can't imagine clikking healthbar when mob is dead would do anything but loot it now, but hey...It's fucking MA.

It might just flush your toilet repeatedly now.
:/

And again, I ALWAYS used left clik for my sukass PvP dying opportunities...

Tippin'

No, I'm not a noob. I knew about the functionality of the Right-Click. I thought this topic was talking about the Left-Click function at first..

I never actually saw a point to Right-Clicking anything.. but that's just me, maybe I missed something; but I find it quicker to just Left-Click on the mob till it dies :)

~Danimal

omg they killed right click

Haha you killed right click? We will not be pleased.

Back