The sky IS falling!

Status

the_prophet

Dominant
Banned
So..the time has come to put my thoughts to black and white form:) By logging in, doing a 250ped run with ~30% return on feff using (maxed ofc.) cap202 desert + xr70 (37.5dps), adj pixie, herb as fap, and only then pressing the infamous F key to check hunting hofs it all became clear...

Seems the dev notes actualy had a BIG impact on the player base and their ingame activity (my opinion), which leads to hof list looking like its entropia in 2004, not 2012. To be completely honest I've had bad runs before where my return was ~40%+ (didnt happen that often tho), but never before in hunting have I had a return this poor.

As big of a conspiracy freak which I am I'm just going to put it out there - Bigtime players agree to stop playing for lets say a week or two - this leaves a big impact on ped cycled ingame, leaving less room for the system to peddle peds around here and there etc., leading to hugely imbalanced system since system needs hofs but cant afford them if not putting someone on the other side of the spoon (meaning he gets drained of everything, even his skin lol) - OR - MA intentionaly sets horrible returns in moments like this to force players into depositing so the system gets a bit of income.

This isnt a rant or anything like this as I couldnt care less about virtual gold coins, I've been drained of them all - before this run I made today I lost ~1.5k ped since the beginning of may, leaving me in a pedless and itemless state, therefor allowing me not to give a flying f*** if i have any or none of the coins left in there.

Intention of this post is to start a debate about this "conspiracy" theory I made up there as I want to hear people's opinion on this - for those, who didnt log in to see hof list its smtn like this: biggest hunting hof = 5.5k, 2nd = 1.5k, 3rd = 1.2k, mining 1st = 3k-ish, for crafting i think its 7k (not completely sure, just ran through the list)

Let the discussion begin! I thank everyone who will take their time to answer for participating in debate:)

cheers :beerchug:

for a start, I don't believe a word you are saying. A 30% return on a maxed weapon with the setup you stated is impossible. I have been playing this game for over 6 years now and I haven't had a 30% return when hunting.

So stop posting bs

Angel

Perhaps you just had a bad run?

for a start, I don't believe a word you are saying. A 30% return on a maxed weapon with the setup you stated is impossible. I have been playing this game for over 6 years now and I haven't had a 30% return when hunting.

So stop posting bs

Angel

Great, the first post and we have a smart-a55 already lol...I shit you not, to be honest if the 30% return didnt happen I wouldnt have even made the post as the 30% return IS THE REASON why I made this post in the first place - and furthermore please remember not to judge everyone's experience by yours - everyone has his own experience and if you never had 30% return yet, good for you but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen to anyone else - so please - if you dont have anything smart to say leave this thread now, dont write in it :) thank you

Last edited:

So stop posting bs

Angel

Well you may not believe in that... i've had definitely <40% runs...so stop bullying here!

btw where are you from .. country wise! have you invested in eu a lot! LA, shops etc etc

Perhaps you just had a bad run?

I'm sorry, I dont want to insult anyone but I think you must have misread my whole post lol...Think what you saw was:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 30% return XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

which instantly made you answer with a post not relevant to anything i wrote in it...be wise and dont reply if you arent' willing to participate in the debate. Thank you :)

30% is BS. Never had worse than 55% and thats RARE. My hunting average is 101.14% ATM so still the same as it was when I stated in 2006

subscribing.

30% is BS. Never had worse than 55% and thats RARE. My hunting average is 101.14% ATM so still the same as it was when I stated in 2006

to a swede 30% TT RR might be a BS .... so i'm not surprised...
coz they might be used to >100%...i for one heard as a 1st person of 105% TT RR!

to the OP

Funny that other 'older' players tell you to stop the bs as well. Even if you don't hit a single 'mini' on your run, you will end up with close to 50% ... Not 30%. Its a lie, its bs ...

Go ask ppl like Skippie, Star, or Naomi (to name a few) whether they combined had a single 30% return run, doubt you'll get a yes.

Angel

Ta everyone who can do some thinking 30% return is BS :laugh:

:lolup:
LOOOL you say this as if there is any thinking you need to do when going shooting a mob LOL! I bought ammo, went hunting, shot though the feff and return was as it is, please explain what thought process during the hunt would help me not get 30% return LOL?!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOOOL you say this as if there is any thinking you need to do when going shooting a mob LOL! I bought ammo, went hunting, shot though the feff and return was as it is, please explain what thought process during the hunt would help me not get 30% return LOL?!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well I usually keep an eye on what I'm getting in loot and if it doesn't look like being a good run I quit for the day or month ;). The dev notes have said they don't give compensation globals and hofs and I never assume I'll get one.

At times like that I usually assume theres a big ass hof / ath on the way, recently my returns have dropped to a regular 50-60% return but then I've been hunting the loot adjusted newbie mobs.

I doubt MA would be stupid enough to think that cutting returns so drastically to encourage people to deposit is a good practice to try more than a handful of times but you never know ;)

It could be a result of the two most recent developer notes posts, it could even be a deliberate act to crash the EU economy to make it cheaper to play or a move to encourage people to level the playing field a little for the new players brought in by the the new planets. If they're willing to make changes to the way EU plays for a single planet why not the economy as well ;)

We've got players saying they've deposited +20k this month, maybe they're trying to stop this sort of playing? However we've seen this numerous times before so it could be none of these things.

to the OP

Funny that other 'older' players tell you to stop the bs as well. Even if you don't hit a single 'mini' on your run, you will end up with close to 50% ... Not 30%. Its a lie, its bs ...

Go ask ppl like Skippie, Star, or Naomi (to name a few) whether they combined had a single 30% return run, doubt you'll get a yes.

Angel

I'm just going to answer this 1 more post about this as my intention in providing a thread for discussion wasnt that I will have to prove ~30% return as now its impossible to do so - the return was ~30% (the one 'mini' you talk about was ~16ped) - whether you believe it or not- I dont really care, I have no reason for lying, I wont get anything if I lie so I dont really understand the point of your reply...Getting such poor return wasnt my choice, it happened and it made me think of a conspiracy where in times as they are ( check hof list - like entropia in 2004, not 2012 ) is quite probable.

now exclude yourself out of the debate please as I dont have to put up with quotes like this, a total stranger calling someone else a liar is just not only inappropriate but highly egoistic - to judge someone's experience by your own.:confused:

By logging in, doing a 250ped run with ~30% return on feff
How many such runs? I probably could believe in a couple such runs, although even by using non-sib guns with HA=5/10, eamp15 and no finisher I hardly ever had that bad results.

But average 30% after 5+ such runs - sorry, can't be.

as if there is any thinking you need to do when going shooting a mob LOL!

Ah, this explains... however still no, this approach can explain maybe 50%, but not 30%.

Edit guess I can't read, 250 ped run... Small sample size.

Last edited:
Svarog;2953846]How many such runs? I probably could believe in a couple such runs, although even by using non-sib guns with HA=5/10, eamp15 and no finisher I hardly ever had that bad results.

But average 30% after 5+ such runs - sorry, can't be.

Is anyone even reading my thread? I said this was the run I did today - 1 run of 30% return - not once in whole thread have I said it was 5+ such runs?

Last edited:
Well I usually keep an eye on what I'm getting in loot and if it doesn't look like being a good run I quit for the day or month ;). The dev notes have said they don't give compensation globals and hofs and I never assume I'll get one.

At times like that I usually assume theres a big ass hof / ath on the way, recently my returns have dropped to a regular 50-60% return but then I've been hunting the loot adjusted newbie mobs.

I doubt MA would be stupid enough to think that cutting returns so drastically to encourage people to deposit is a good practice to try more than a handful of times but you never know ;)

It could be a result of the two most recent developer notes posts, it could even be a deliberate act to crash the EU economy to make it cheaper to play or a move to encourage people to level the playing field a little for the new players brought in by the the new planets. If they're willing to make changes to the way EU plays for a single planet why not the economy as well ;)

We've got players saying they've deposited +20k this month, maybe they're trying to stop this sort of playing? However we've seen this numerous times before so it could be none of these things.

I've prepared it few months ago..... and posted it in the past... so here again.... in line with some of your thoughts :)

CLRRSDFM
PLCIM
OPWBLDB and DPFC
CMTNSW25%RR
CUTO
CSOTSE
TNODTRCLD and NRSFCLDH
CLDHGPS

I'm sorry, I dont want to insult anyone but I think you must have misread my whole post lol...Think what you saw was:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 30% return XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

which instantly made you answer with a post not relevant to anything i wrote in it...be wise and dont reply if you arent' willing to participate in the debate. Thank you :)

Well, I think your post was about your belief that your bad run was a result of player reaction to the second dev note that stated there are no personal loot pools

I just thought, instead of all that, that you just had a bad run...

I have one relevant question. How big was your run in terms of bullets bought (how much tt)?

Total tt ammo was ~200 ped, whole run cost ~250 ped

Please people do not discuss my return on this run - discuss the possibility of MA "enhancing" returns in way which makes people depo - at these dark times after dev notes lol ^^

Last edited:

What if the situation became so critical to them that they needed to artificially force injections of deposits into the game - OR - second option again is they see big names with big ped ingame selling out - which means they need to prepare a big portion of REAL cash to payout the big names who will no doubt withdraw when they sell out everything - and this is why they try to force deposits?

Ok since you're asking. Those periods of low hoflist are from time to time, nothing new. Also bad return on 250ped run is nothing new. Turn over 10k peds over a longer period of time, and you will get to 90% tt return, with markup above that (provided you're maxed on the gun). If I noted my TT return dropping from the 90%, yea that would be a reason to get worried.
Total tt ammo was ~210 ped, whole run cost ~250 ped

Please people do not discuss my return on this run - discuss the possibility of MA "enhancing" returns in way which makes people depo - at these dark times after dev notes lol ^^

Total tt ammo was ~210 ped, whole run cost ~250 ped

Actually I've one question... how many no looter you got.. is it more than b4 or less than b4...
MA said they are gonna fix this the no looter issue ... that was their priority number 1....

In my personal experience no looter has been decrease significantly. actually almost to none....

so far we have:

no-looter solved
no personal loot pool
no compensation for stupidity..

MA did not say anything about poor loot return (when to fix it)...

Therefore, MA wants us to keep hunting.... and be cash cow of MA and LA owner or players who can loot high MU items....

Happy hunting!
:beerchug:
:sniper::rocket:

Last edited:
I dont recall any no loots but tbh when you keep getting 50-70pec return from a mob which costs about 3.5+ ped I dont know how it would be possible to get more return (this was done at aegis mound - big feff - hunter to clan warlord).

So really, noone thinks its possible that they dont have real cash for the upcoming withdraw requests and that they could be forcing deposits by low returns? I suspect that such low hof's could also mean that a lot of ppl are pissed atm coz of poor loot situation, not just ath or big hof building up (altho if MA has already read this they will now surely inject a big hof lol - to keep this just a conspiracy theory - i predict big hof coming up in next 1.5 hour) :D

I dont recall any no loots but tbh when you keep getting 50-70pec return from a mob which costs about 3.5+ ped I dont know how it would be possible to get more return (this was done at aegis mound - big feff - hunter to clan warlord).
Have you ever heard of increased loots or globals? I mean common, 250 ped run and you conclude that MA is doing that on purpose to get you to deposit. I haven't seen any claim of average tt return going down, and my records don't show it either. Yes there are bad periods, currently is likely one of them. But as long as the monthly return stays the same, what's the point to panic?
So really, noone thinks its possible that they dont have real cash for the upcoming withdraw requests and that they could be forcing deposits by low returns? I suspect that such low hof's could also mean that a lot of ppl are pissed atm coz of poor loot situation, not just ath or big hof building up (altho if MA has already read this they will now surely inject a big hof lol - to keep this just a conspiracy theory - i predict big hof coming up in next 1.5 hour) :D
Possible - yes. Likely - no. As I said, low hofs appear from time to time, some people don't play when that happens increasing the effect.

So really, noone thinks its possible that they dont have real cash for the upcoming withdraw requests and that they could be forcing deposits by low returns?

MA should have enough cash from CLD sale... so I don't think that's an issue now!

I suspect that such low hof's could also mean that a lot of ppl are pissed atm coz of poor loot situation, not just ath or big hof building up (altho if MA has already read this they will now surely inject a big hof lol - to keep this just a conspiracy theory - i predict big hof coming up in next 1.5 hour)

My personal opinion is this....
Players activities have decreased significantly due to 2 reasons..

1. we had a protracted bot event, immediately followed by the Argo event with a lot of particiaptions... so most players ped cards are already very low!

2. The dev note 2 has affected many players mind set, and are reluctant to deposit...

so players activities are low...leading to poor hof list!

MA has already read this they will now surely inject a big hof lol - to keep this just a conspiracy theory - i predict big hof coming up in next 1.5 hour)

I'm not expecting a spontaneous uber uber HOF... coz of low activity... MA should not force it...
better to give a better TT RR to many players.....but MA does stupid thing (IMHO) when it comes to loot and hof!

so...

Lol don't say it was that colorful robot event result log. Do you sleep with it under the pillow?

Yes, sort of .. here
:)

BTW, I think most of the ubers might think (at least those who are in the forum) that I hate them... that'd be far from the truth... actually, I appreciate the time they spent ingame, and their endurance... my frustration is directed only to MA's faulty policy...

Last edited:

So stop posting bs

Angel

I am going on my 9th year in game.... Loot for me has never been worse and 30-50% returns are rather common now... And have force me to give up playing entropia...

To add some color I was #2 hunter for quite a while in entire game...

:hits a wave of very bad loot, gets frustrated, checks hof list, does not see 5 digit hofs, jumps to conclusion, runs to pcf to vent frustration with a thread entitled "skies falling - edition 2012, nr 2938598698", passing the blame to the latest fad - non depositors, sweaters, cld, chinese investors, traders, big depositors, developer notes, winter/spring/summers/autumn, mindark castle, new ceo, old ceo:

Status
Back