Society
Synergen
Giuliano adm Noooo
Since in last weeks threads like these are becoming popular:

I'm gonna cry, I was distracted and sold 10 CL Deeds for 500 ped

Accidental sale of 15 CLD's for 1700 ped

AUCTION WARNING Guy selling deeds for 12000 ped

It's time to introduce one or more features to reduce this to happen, like:

- Time delay (like 2 minutes) when you place item in auction. The item will show up after few minutes to allow seller to remove it in time when made mistakes. It might be only when item is placed in the average

- A message to advertise sellers that items have been placed in auction with a BO way lower than usual MU.

- A message to advertise sellers that there is an order for the item you are selling highest than sale price you set.

- A message to advertise bidders that the price for the item you are buying is highest than sale price records.

- Allow the "lock" of items you don't want to be accidentaly auctioned.

- more suggestions wellcomes

IMPORTANT: Here I listed only suggestions, the petition is only to ask improvments, if you agree the auction system might be improved please write your full ingame name. Only names wrote in the posts will be listed here, suggestions or appreciations are wellcome but without name clearly showed I won't update the list of signs.

Easy features to introduce but when real money are involved caution is never enough :)

If you want to sign please post your full ingame name

Signed:

Giuliano adm Noooo
Justin Jorel Starry
Xerxes TheImmortal Vaako
Frederichio Fredda Lucerno
Chris Aandar Shank
Maria Mastermesh Mesh
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Amanda Mandi Williams
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
Larry Larethania Larrelito
Sbinortz Sbi Latz'tek
NoBion Nob Andersen
Edgewise

Last edited:
1. Time delay when you place item in auction. The item will show up after few minutes to allow seller to remove it in time when made mistakes.

Delay thousands upon thousands of auctions for an occasional mistake, no thanks.

There's already a very effective way of not losing an item like this, don't use the buyout feature. Activating the buyout button is like going into pvp, you should be fully aware of what can happen if u mess up, and procede with caution.

No thx, would lead me to throw many things to tt instead of auctioning.(when i need fast peds, and would want to sell to an order).

And i am 100% sure there would be same kind of mistakes even with that 5 or 10minute timer, and more threads created.

2. A message to advertise sellers that items have been placed in auction with a BO way lower than usual MU.

This could be decent, probably easy to make as well. But than again - it's like the trade terminal accept window - people still tt stuff with it...

I think this would be the best way, you will only get this message if you list something 30-40% below current MU and the message should be in red color or something else that makes you look twice.

2. A message to advertise sellers that items have been placed in auction with a BO way lower than usual MU.

I join in this petition. Although it hasn't happened to me (yet), it really isn't right when a player can lose $1,000 USD with one wrong click. MA seems to show concern and support for this sensitive issue as they have implemented a $100 penalty to restore mistakenly-TT'd items. Furthermore, if you place an item into the TT terminal that is greater than Tier 0.0, you get a warning message.

I'm confident that MA will, in the future, show their support for accidental auctions and implement safeguards.

I don't agree with the 5 minute timer though. People who disagree with it are correct - it takes too long. The timer should be 1- 2 minutes.

A warning when posting something way below MU is excellent.

Another simple safeguard would be the ability to "lock" items in your inventory, such that you can lock items you wouldn't normally want to sell, like stacks of CLDs. The lock must be removed first before the item can be placed into auction. Auction lock :D.

Another method of safeguard is to simply change the confirmation message. Currently it says: "Really sell item?" and then proceeds to list auction fee. The message could instead say: "Really sell NAME item FOR MU?"

/signed!

I think this would be the best way, you will only get this message if you list something 30-40% below current MU and the message should be in red color or something else that makes you look twice.

Yes. Also if bid is too high, or whole pedcard is going into it.

Anyway, someone will screw up himself even with that system.

Yes. Also if bid is too high, or whole pedcard is going into it.

Anyway, someone will screw up himself even with that system.

lol imagine then situation. YOu see item you want for 200% but markup has been crashed to 120%, so you want to buy and it(the system) asks you further confirmation. And by the time you finish thinking it over, someone has already bought it.

lol imagine then situation. YOu see item you want for 200% but markup has been crashed to 120%, so you want to buy and it(the system) asks you further confirmation. And by the time you finish thinking it over, someone has already bought it.

The person who bought it would have to go through all of that too.
So with or without that system in place, the other person would have bought it before you anyway.

The person who bought it would have to go through all of that too.
So with or without that system in place, the other person would have bought it before you anyway.

Might not, if you really read this message to be sure you did right, and he doesnt.

This system perfectly works in eve-online. (But as I said - anyway there is screw ups)

And for Professional AH-Vulture like you (smile.jpg), this system can be done optionally, and turned on by default.

If person decided to turn it off - well... ok.

Isn't there already a safeguard to misclicks? A message that pops up "Confirm you want to make this posting?" So I already have to "misclick" twice... :scratch2:

I'm sorry for those who've lost peds through mistakes - everyone makes them now and again... But what happens when someone makes a mistake costing $1000 in the new system? Do we add another layer?

Basically, how many times am I going to have to click confirm, just to post an item?

Well its not good that mistakes like that are being made. Lets face it, it would never happend in the real world with auctions and stuff. So we need some safety.

Well its not good that mistakes like that are being made. Lets face it, it would never happend in the real world with auctions and stuff. So we need some safety.

They do happen in real life also. Thats why there is auction fee (not sure how it is in english) that you have to pay before you join in on auction. You will get this fee back after auction, if you didnt win or won (then by taking the sum down from purchase price) If the bidder, regrets and doesnt pay, then he loses his fee.

(Online auctions are very popular these days, and on larger items there are auction join fees.

get a confirm button and another optional one if you want it.

*Signed*

Also any problems from this could be prevented by making it possible to disable it via options (preferably one for selling and one for buying).

Basically, how many times am I going to have to click confirm, just to post an item?

Same number of times you already do now, at least if you don't sell at "strange" price and get a second warning message. Warning message only when sale price is really out of ordinary.

Updated first post

Signed

Actually 30 seconds delay before auction goes live is more than enough..

<--- ingame name

I support a timer, backed by a way to sell direct to orders bypassing the timer.

it is fine as it is right now,theres already confirmation message

Delay thousands upon thousands of auctions for an occasional mistake, no thanks.

And i am 100% sure there would be same kind of mistakes even with that 5 or 10minute timer, and more threads created.

Isn't there already a safeguard to misclicks? A message that pops up "Confirm you want to make this posting?" So I already have to "misclick" twice... :scratch2:

I'm sorry for those who've lost peds through mistakes - everyone makes them now and again... But what happens when someone makes a mistake costing $1000 in the new system? Do we add another layer?

all of this. +next post

And isn't "Really Sell?" enough?

Last edited:
ahh thats a negative. I vote for less control from mindark. We should be free to make our own mistakes. I don't understand why there is such a desire for hand holding in life.

Next thing we need is ped stamps where if you have less then 100 ped on your card you can turn them in weekly for some ammo.

Be carefull, and take responsibility for your mistakes.

Sounds like a descent plan. Sign me up for this petition.

Other suggestions I would make..
- add items in all shops to a shop directory in auction that have instant buyout with a small transport fee. When this directory is added, be sure that these safegaurds are in place for the items in the shop too, and that there is a way for shop owner to check box if they want item listed in auction or not. I'm only mentioning this here in this thread, not to to hijack thread, but to make sure that if Mindark is going to add the directory, which many have suggested in wishlist threads for years, that they make sure that any protection plans in auction apply to the directory too if it is ever created. In a shop, it's very, very easy to misprice thing. If there is a delay before it's 'live' it would help fix that problem. In shops today, that's not much of a problem since the only avatars that are near the shop at the time of the mispricing might see the misprice if they click on item info screen before shop owner changes price again. If that misprice was in an instant auction that anyone can see, that could be a huge problem if a directory like thing did exist that didn't have a delay.

I understand your frustration, but there is no need to screw up the auction system. Just try to be careful and double check things before posting them, specially items with high value

People, any "timers", "cooldowns" and other similar crap is killing of game play.

Do you think, timer will help person who just listed something for wrong price? No. If person doesn't double-tripple check moment UPON PRESSING FINAL BUTTON - no timers will help, nothing.

People, any "timers", "cooldowns" and other similar crap is killing of game play.

Do you think, timer will help person who just listed something for wrong price? No. If person doesn't double-tripple check moment UPON PRESSING FINAL BUTTON - no timers will help, nothing.

The point of these changes isn't to stop people from making mistakes. The purpose for these changes are to give people a margin of error, such that mistakes that go beyond this margin become unforgiveable.

Ex: While auctioning deeds and realizing your mistake 1 second after pressing confirm <-- should be forgiveable

Ex: While auctioning deeds but you're not really being careful because you're multi-tasking watching a movie, talking on Skype, and checking your email, and maybe on the phone at the same time. You auction the deed, and you don't even realize it's the wrong deed <-- not so forgiveable.

At least, with these new safeguards in place, if someone makes an error, no one on this forum will have sympathy (or less will have sympathy). That's the whole point. To screen out for mistakes that are beyond human error.

with out some sort of timer, the ah bots will (do) snipe up any "mistakes" instantly.

I think the lock item function has been implemented in pretty much every MMO i have ever tried... That´s all that is needed imo.

A lock function with a personally set pincode so you don´t unlock them by mistake.

Last edited:
The point of these changes isn't to stop people from making mistakes. The purpose for these changes are to give people a margin of error, such that mistakes that go beyond this margin become unforgiveable.

Ex: While auctioning deeds and realizing your mistake 1 second after pressing confirm <-- should be forgiveable

Ex: While auctioning deeds but you're not really being careful because you're multi-tasking watching a movie, talking on Skype, and checking your email, and maybe on the phone at the same time. You auction the deed, and you don't even realize it's the wrong deed <-- not so forgiveable.

At least, with these new safeguards in place, if someone makes an error, no one on this forum will have sympathy (or less will have sympathy). That's the whole point. To screen out for mistakes that are beyond human error.

How well staffed is mind ark? Are we going to spend our peds on more staff? its much more economical to make a blanket policy , then flood support with "I didnt mean to sell my gremlin armor". Just because the seller has sellers remorse?

In real life we face consequences of our actions.. accidents or not. I for one do not want mindark to hand hold everything we do.

That will cause the people that do their homework, read information, and make tactical decisions to be undermined.

It suxs it happens, just like any accident IRL, but I would not want the government to take away all our cars to protect us either.

No safeguards please.

How well staffed is mind ark? Are we going to spend our peds on more staff? its much more economical to make a blanket policy , then flood support with "I didnt mean to sell my gremlin armor". Just because the seller has sellers remorse?

In real life we face consequences of our actions.. accidents or not. I for one do not want mindark to hand hold everything we do.

That will cause the people that do their homework, read information, and make tactical decisions to be undermined.

It suxs it happens, just like any accident IRL, but I would not want the government to take away all our cars to protect us either.

No safeguards please.

In real life there are 30-day return policies, and for "PVP trades" there are principles of unconscionability that can reverse contracts due to these mistakes.

MA doesn't need to hire more staff. Just implement these safeguards to pre-empt support cases :). No one one this petition suggested support cases being sent - just safeguards.

Back