Are you sure there are enough mobs in Eudoria???

Kitch

Prowler
Been bugging me that practically every square inch of eudoria is covered with mobs.. It seems silly from a realism/immersion perspective? I mean what planet is so ridiculously crowded with creatures that they are all basically shoulder to shoulder?? Its ugly and irritating if your a miner/explorer..

Does anyone else feel the same way that its stupid having these endless droves of creatures covering 90% of the surface area? Like even the desert is filled with robots? Why? Most mobs you can find in at least four places just in Eudoria and usually dense spawns and no where near enough people hunting for it to be an issue lol

You should go to Amethera :) Hardly any mobs there (outside LA's), makes mining more enjoyable.

But be careful what you wish for. MA might change that, and eudoria might become dead. Similar to Arkadia.. where there is one dense spawn in one area, then after using a TP chip and jumping after 1 click, no mobs for about 3-4 more clicks.

Been bugging me that practically every square inch of eudoria is covered with mobs.. It seems silly from a realism/immersion perspective? I mean what planet is so ridiculously crowded with creatures that they are all basically shoulder to shoulder?? Its ugly and irritating if your a miner/explorer..

Does anyone else feel the same way that its stupid having these endless droves of creatures covering 90% of the surface area? Like even the desert is filled with robots? Why? Most mobs you can find in at least four places just in Eudoria and usually dense spawns and no where near enough people hunting for it to be an issue lol

Well remembering eudoria from PE, it was crowded whit mobs as it is now... Yes mining is a little difficult because of all the creatures around but its calypso style so i dont have problem whit that, we now have vehicles who helps a lot. So if MA decide to make eudoria an empty place it would be sad for hunters who love hunting whitout any taxes like on Land areas.

You should go to Amethera :) Hardly any mobs there (outside LA's), makes mining more enjoyable.

But be careful what you wish for. MA might change that, and eudoria might become dead. Similar to Arkadia.. where there is one dense spawn in one area, then after using a TP chip and jumping after 1 click, no mobs for about 3-4 more clicks.

Arkadia is miners heaven and they are focusing on keeping miners happy thats why it has a lot of mob-free spots. But there is a ton of places where you can find crowded of mobs that you want to hunt.

I believe Kim mentioned in the radio interview that they plan to look over/change all mob spawns on Calypso.
For better or worse I dont know :laugh:

Sure! It's nice to have some nice landscapes without mobs to run, mine, drive, walk, etc. ;)

I'm still missing some good spawns.

in the old engine there used to be a good (non-taxed) molisk spawn around fort medusa
there also was a good spawn of young/medium atrax mixed with medium berycleds north east of jason
there was a really nice tantillion/tantardion spawn west of atlas haven
there were nice spawns of merps around jason centre as well

you can still find the occasional small spawns here and there.. but not like it used to be.

Jimmy Inno Felix would like to invite you to RUGA LAND, The Mining land can be found NWN of the shinook jungle Teleport (26600,53000)

Not many mobs there
:)

Inno

It has pretty much always been the case that Eudoria has had a lot of mobs and Amethera not so much... There are still quite a few places on Eudoria with no mobs, or with very low density.

As for the realism, the current Calypso spawns are far more realistic than if all mobs just spawned in small unmixed clumps here and there, or something like that.

Jimmy Inno Felix would like to invite you to RUGA LAND, The Mining land can be found NWN of the shinook jungle Teleport (26600,53000)

Not many mobs there
:)

Inno

found it, like it :p

I'm still missing some good spawns.

in the old engine there used to be a good (non-taxed) molisk spawn around fort medusa
Isslye (W+WSW)?

there also was a good spawn of young/medium atrax mixed with medium berycleds north east of jason
Camp C... not Carnival, damn, now I even forgot the name. Caravan (thanks entropedia, though the google map seems to be dysfunctional). There used to be (sparsely, but better than nothing) mixed Atrax and things-with-paddles-attached-to-their-sides (Cornu.) East (?) of Caravan.

Just figured I pitch in some ideas.

++luck;

Arkadia is miners heaven and they are focusing on keeping miners happy thats why it has a lot of mob-free spots. But there is a ton of places where you can find crowded of mobs that you want to hunt.

Usually they appear just as you get into the middle of the spawn.

I've been caught a couple of times on Ark and Caly where I've driven into an area with no dots on radar only to find I'm being hit and then 3-4 seconds later the mobs appear and I'm completely surrounded.

Last edited:
I'm finding the opposite.
I've been trying to finish the Armax iron challange for a couple years now :)
First the LA that was hosting them stopped.

Then the small spawn at the outpost NE of Livas is now devoid of any mobs. snark-snots included.

I then found them on the North South road East of Atlas Haven along with molisks.
Now nothing!

James

As for the realism, the current Calypso spawns are far more realistic than if all mobs just spawned in small unmixed clumps here and there, or something like that.

You mean like on Arkadia? :girl:

i might just try staying on ark for a while but I obviously like a fast turnaround of goods at auction so dunno

..kitch

I'm finding the opposite.
I've been trying to finish the Armax iron challange for a couple years now :)
First the LA that was hosting them stopped.

Then the small spawn at the outpost NE of Livas is now devoid of any mobs. snark-snots included.

I then found them on the North South road East of Atlas Haven along with molisks.
Now nothing!

James

found armax just outside of fort fury

Are you sure there are enough mobs in Eudoria???

No, in fact I would like even more. There are some mobs only available on taxed land that I would like to have available on non-taxed Eudoria land. But, that's just me. I understand it, I just don't like it. I know, if I had an LA with a unique mob that dropped good stuff that everyone wanted to hunt I'd be happy too, so ya, its all about me and I want to have it both ways :laugh:

found armax just outside of fort fury

Outside Fort Fury, just north of Chug's, just N-NE of East Scylla Mountains, a couple of spawns in Amethera and east Eudoria that I can't remember the exact locations of... there are some bulls at the west coast of Eudoria, iirc, but mixed with Atrox...

Outside Fort Fury, just north of Chug's, just N-NE of East Scylla Mountains, a couple of spawns in Amethera and east Eudoria that I can't remember the exact locations of... there are some bulls at the west coast of Eudoria, iirc, but mixed with Atrox...

Armax in East Eudoria between Nymphtown and Minopolis. The spawn is basically only Armax.

Ideally, We need some sort of "mob tracker" app - where players could mouseover any mob they see and the /pos and mob name/maturity is recorded immediately. This is then uploaded to Entropedia and we get a beautiful mob-map of all the lands - which auto-corrects/updates as players mouseover any mobs daily.

Ofcourse... there is that EULA thing that can be a thorn in the side of this kind of development.... perhaps some of the "approved" apps could incorporate this behavior?

Oh well... one can dream...

Isslye (W+WSW)?

Camp C... not Carnival, damn, now I even forgot the name. Caravan (thanks entropedia, though the google map seems to be dysfunctional). There used to be (sparsely, but better than nothing) mixed Atrax and things-with-paddles-attached-to-their-sides (Cornu.) East (?) of Caravan.

Just figured I pitch in some ideas.

++luck;

yes there are molisks at Isslye, thx for that

and if you look hard you can find atrax young at camp caravan.. one every 500m..

and if you look hard you can find atrax young at camp caravan.. one every 500m..

If you want Atrax Young mixed with Berycled, just go E from Eurus until you reach a steep downhill, then turn NE :) should be around 74300, 76535

Lots of mobs = lots of decay,
That's my theory as to why Eudoria has lots of mobs,
Eudoria is MA's bread and butter,most people start here and for any player who tries to get from one tp to the next you have to fight your way through endless mobs using ammo and Armour/Gun decay.
Same with mining,cant just buy probes and go out for a mine you need to take ammo with you,have a gun and Armour.
Now with vehicles and tp chips its easier but still the cost is there.
:twocents:

Hmmm...
^_^

attachment.php

There can never me enough Mobs - I hate sparse spawns where you have to run around trying to find the mob.

I love standing in one spot and just picking off the mobs without moving :p

It's a wild planet, we only arrived and begun colonizing around 10 years ago. The robots were/are also trying to colonize the planet.
So between a planet full of free-roaming, wild monsters, the entire human civilization and an entire civilization of robots; yes, it makes complete sense that the planet is so full of mobs.

I agree with OP in the sense that the spawns of hundreds of mobs in the same place breaks the immersion and feels unrealistic.

Even in Arkadia, sure you have areas completely empty, but you also have areas absolutely filled with mobs, like thousands of them.

Cant we just have a few sparse spawns of just a few dozen? Even if the mob was the only thing being hunted on a planet, do you really need THOUSANDS?

I really would like this issue fixed.

I agree with OP in the sense that the spawns of hundreds of mobs in the same place breaks the immersion and feels unrealistic.

Even in Arkadia, sure you have areas completely empty, but you also have areas absolutely filled with mobs, like thousands of them.

Cant we just have a few sparse spawns of just a few dozen? Even if the mob was the only thing being hunted on a planet, do you really need THOUSANDS?

I really would like this issue fixed.

Yh it is kinda dumb imo lol. I mean, fair enough there are some 'herd' animals that there would be many together but not thousands covering miles and miles of land. or so dense.
Also, u ever look at a spawn, there is like 200 mobs and maybe 2-3 players. has anyone genuinely seen a situation where u have as many players as mobs lol.

i suppose this is just a miners v hunters thread really tho lol

Usually they appear just as you get into the middle of the spawn.

I've been caught a couple of times on Ark and Caly where I've driven into an area with no dots on radar only to find I'm being hit and then 3-4 seconds later the mobs appear and I'm completely surrounded.

Sounds like lag to me. I haven't experienced that.

Back