Headshot

Can anyone tell me what 'Skill Mod (%)' and 'Attachment Skill Bonus' on a Headshot mean? Is it an effective increase to my skills with the weapon I have it attached to? If this is the case is it ineffective if my skill progress is 100% in that weapon hit and damage?

Skill mod is useful if you use unmaxed guns, it boosts your ability to "shoot straight", ASB speeds up your gaining skill.

Skill effects from sights and scopes is debatable. I do wonder if it is just a simple pretty number for the stats info.

We've tried to test the effect of skill mod many times over the years. You can look up Recoda's thread for some earlier results. It's much easier to test now with the miss and hit messages both in chat to be picked up by a log analyzer.

My most recent tests lead me to believe it does make a small difference, at least enough that i decided to keep my (most eco) attachments on my unmaxed weapon. You can see the data here, especially in the last two pages where i tried to compare w/ and w/o attachments.

BTW i've never seen any data that suggest that there's a benefit to skill mod attachments on maxed weapons.

Skill Mod % is for non maxed, preferably non sib weapons. It can boost your HA with the weapon, though it does not visually change your HA on the weapon. This can be analysed using a tool. These have been documented as Doer has said. For a non sib setup you would want the best mod % boost for least amount of peds spent. This should be Terrus sights and seizzt ranger scopes.

Skill Bonus % is for any weaponry non sib & sib. It can potentially increase gaining additional skills when attached. The best skill bonus attachment that I've seen for ped spent,has to be Headshot 1 + Seizzt Laser Sight 2000L & Seizzt Laser Sight 2000L+. Gives a 1.8 skill bonus boost at a cost of 0.06 = 30 factor. Nothing else I've analysed gives this high a factor boost. I personally use it on my gauss weapon.

Back