Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images

Hit rate in 2012

There have been a few discussions about the effects of scopes and sights on hit percentage in the past, but this isn't a post about that. We have a general chat log now that shows all the hits and misses, and I'd like to see people reporting their hit and crit percentage for different weapons and for different HA/CHA levels. We think that the same HA on any weapon leads to the same hit percentage (80% + 1%*HA), but there are some anecdotal reports that it isn't true, so here's a chance to clear this issue up, one way or another. If we have enough participation, perhaps we can go on to look at the effect of attachments again.

I do have a python utility to parse out a section of the log (by date) and tally the hits, misses, and crit hits in it. The python interpreter to run it is a free download, so if you are interested, let me know.

I'm going to start by reporting on my results for the longu and argo missions. My finishers overlap my main weapon, but by assuming a random distribution of damage, I calculate that 89% of the shots were with main weapon, which was at HA 6.3. The finishers were maxed. There's no way to determine which misses go with which weapon, but I can do a rough composite based on hits with each weapon.

From the script:
    > Out of a total of 172913 attacks, 150480 were hits (2719 or 0.018069 crits) and 22433 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.870264

89% of hits @ 6.3 HA (0.8+0.063 = 0.863 expected hit rate)
    11% of hits @ 10 HA (0.8+0.1 = 0.9 expected hit rate)

.89*0.863 + 0.11*0.9 = ~0.867 estimated composite hit rate vs. 0.870 measured. It seems that imk2 fits the established formula for hit rate. FYI I was using small attachments.

If we give the same treatment to crits, expected to be 0.02 for 10 CHA, we get a composite of 0.016, lower than the 0.018 measured, but this result fits the fact that Accuracy Enhancers were used for about 3/4 of the shots.

So, there don't appear to be any deviations from the old, established rules for HA and CHA with this setup.

I'll update when I have more data. In the meantime, share your results.
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    edit: nevermind

~Danimal
    Last edited by danimal01; 06-12-2012 at 10:43.

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Stalker
    STYRM
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doer View Post
    There have been a few discussions about the effects of scopes and sights on hit percentage in the past, but this isn't a post about that. We have a general chat log now that shows all the hits and misses, and I'd like to see people reporting their hit and crit percentage for different weapons and for different HA/CHA levels. We think that the same HA on any weapon leads to the same hit percentage (80% + 1%*HA), but there are some anecdotal reports that it isn't true, so here's a chance to clear this issue up, one way or another. If we have enough participation, perhaps we can go on to look at the effect of attachments again.

I do have a python utility to parse out a section of the log (by date) and tally the hits, misses, and crit hits in it. The python interpreter to run it is a free download, so if you are interested, let me know.

I'm going to start by reporting on my results for the longu and argo missions. My finishers overlap my main weapon, but by assuming a random distribution of damage, I calculate that 89% of the shots were with main weapon, which was at HA 6.3. The finishers were maxed. There's no way to determine which misses go with which weapon, but I can do a rough composite based on hits with each weapon.

From the script:
    > Out of a total of 172913 attacks, 150480 were hits (2719 or 0.018069 crits) and 22433 were misses, for a total hit rate of 0.870264

89% of hits @ 6.3 HA (0.8+0.063 = 0.863 expected hit rate)
    11% of hits @ 10 HA (0.8+0.1 = 0.9 expected hit rate)

.89*0.863 + 0.11*0.9 = ~0.867 estimated composite hit rate vs. 0.870 measured. It seems that imk2 fits the established formula for hit rate. FYI I was using small attachments.

If we give the same treatment to crits, expected to be 0.02 for 10 CHA, we get a composite of 0.016, lower than the 0.018 measured, but this result fits the fact that Accuracy Enhancers were used for about 3/4 of the shots.

So, there don't appear to be any deviations from the old, established rules for HA and CHA with this setup.

I'll update when I have more data. In the meantime, share your results.
    great! MOARRR data please!

I am getting ready to do some more testing also.
    With all due respect I don't believe you can do an accurate test without complete use of a weapon.
    I have had 7 misses in a row as I've had many, many hits in a row without a miss.

My previus tests used primarily 2x0 sga axe, falx, tt sword.
    Swordsman Hit -> 77
    Swordsman Dmg -> 71

UL -> ~13% miss rate
    L -> 9%-11% miss rate

I too wrote a parser that uses the chat file.

I start with a new chat file each run.

I start a run by entering chat and typing start.
    At the weapons depletion I do the same but type end.
    This allows more that one weapon use during a run.

In my parser I checked for my avi name and start | end.

I parsed for a line with "[] You inflicted" and "[] Critical hit - " to get hits and
    "[] MISS" for misses.

I then could compare hits + misses to the wiki report of uses for that weapon, to see how close I was.

This time around I want to test some other items.

I am not truly sure how a miss is calculated?
    Is there an official MA definition of how MISS'es are calculated?

Are misses tied to individual weapons?

How does the miss rate of the first 1000 shots of an opalo compare to the last 1000?
    I am now in the process of depleting an opalo so I can repair to only a certain % for tests.

James

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Entropia Tracker client has a combat log function that calculates all the stats in real-time (you should not use finishers though because you set the weapon you use in the client before the run).

I once used it for 150 ped run with maxed LR32 and then for another 150 ped run with jmkIII (HA 5.5, CHA 7.2). Hit rates and crit hit rates for the runs were 88.31% and 2.058%, 86.89% and 1.256%, respectively.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Hello.
    Yea since some paranoids posted their hit rate is 80% with maxed weapons I wanted to show them how crazy they are as well.
    This tracker is the king https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...s-tracker.html as it allows to track multiple weapons.
    On maxed nonSIB weapons, ~3 runs which is ~ 5000 peds ammo turnover and ~ 28000 shots
    DOA ISH Hit% 89.77
    ML-35 Hit% 90.02
    M71A1 Hit% 89.72
    My conclusions from this - liars on forum (doh, thats a fact). And, close range weapons are probably affected by the mob hits thus ML-35 better hit rate than DOA. Also, I think 90% is what it is, ideally. Demonstrated nicely by ML.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills not working for me again as of 2020

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    I'd be interested in the python utility Doer. My tagger and finisher overlap, but neither overlaps my main gun generally. I only use maxed stuff at the moment though, so my data won't be much use for looking at stuff by HA. I do use an assortment of weapons though, so might be useful for seeing if hit rate varies across weapons.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Try https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...s-tracker.html - open-source and it can track multiple weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    I'd be interested in the python utility Doer. My tagger and finisher overlap, but neither overlaps my main gun generally. I only use maxed stuff at the moment though, so my data won't be much use for looking at stuff by HA. I do use an assortment of weapons though, so might be useful for seeing if hit rate varies across weapons.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills not working for me again as of 2020

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    Hello.
    Yea since some paranoids posted their hit rate is 80% with maxed weapons I wanted to show them how crazy they are as well.
    This tracker is the king https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...s-tracker.html as it allows to track multiple weapons.
    On maxed nonSIB weapons, ~3 runs which is ~ 5000 peds ammo turnover and ~ 28000 shots

My conclusions from this - liars on forum (doh, thats a fact). And, close range weapons are probably affected by the mob hits thus ML-35 better hit rate than DOA. Also, I think 90% is what it is, ideally. Demonstrated nicely by ML.
    Your numbers seem correct. I get similar numbers while using the imkII and the mm. around 87.45% so not quite 90% like you (since you are maxed and I am not) Intrestingly enough this yeilds a dpp rate of 3.02... The program I used to check this was EntropiaTracker.. Not sure if that is correct or not but it is about a .1 dpp variation from entropiawiki.com; which lists that I should be around 2.9~ dpp

~Danimal

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John itwasntme Remontoire
    Society
    Bravo Three-Nil
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    Try https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...s-tracker.html - open-source and it can track multiple weapons.
    Looks interesting, might give it a try.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast