New to the game and looking for some general advice.

r3myxtr1

Hello everyone. I'm new to E.U. and just wanted to know if anyone had anything they wanted to say that might benefit a new player. I've only got minimal hours of gameplay invested so far and have read about the game not-so-extensively. At this point I'm not really sure what to do or what I should be focusing on. I've run about 36 quests and I can't finish one of them because the weapon I have is too low of a level for me to use anymore, I believe, and I don't have any PEDs to purchase a new weapon. What should I do as a new player at this point? Should I gather sweat for some PEDs? Should I run the quests that I can? Should I look for a mentor? Any thoughts, tips, and general advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello everyone. I'm new to E.U. and just wanted to know if anyone had anything they wanted to say that might benefit a new player. I've only got minimal hours of gameplay invested so far and have read about the game not-so-extensively. At this point I'm not really sure what to do or what I should be focusing on. I've run about 36 quests and I can't finish one of them because the weapon I have is too low of a level for me to use anymore, I believe, and I don't have any PEDs to purchase a new weapon. What should I do as a new player at this point? Should I gather sweat for some PEDs? Should I run the quests that I can? Should I look for a mentor? Any thoughts, tips, and general advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

yes, you should definitely look for a mentor. You should post what time zone you're in and what time you usually play so you can find a mentor that is available when you are online. They will be able to ask general types of questions and your mentor will help you along the way :) In the mean time, keep reading around the forum and enjoy the ride! If you do decide to deposit, please find a mentor to help you spend it wisely. Otherwise, your money will be quickly spent and you will most likely have a short time here in this wonderful game.

Cheers.
-Hyp

Agreed. After you find a mentor, start thinking of what you want to do.

I would sweat a good bit before you do much combat - not for the sake of getting peds, but it will start giving you some skills for "free" It's free to die, so to speak. Also If you do it in groups, gives you chance to chat with other people and get to know the game more.

Also collecting Teleports or (TPs) There are many maps of them on Entropedia.info
That will help you get around in the world. Ask people to help you get to them, or take you in a vehicle.
It's a fun thing to do and just explore. If you die and get "stuck" somewhere (because sometimes it's hard to run to another spot because of so many tough mobs) there are people that are willing to come rescue you.

those are some good things to start with.
Great to have you here!!

I'd recommend depositing 300 usd for the first month and see how it goes.

Deposit 20$ (and try not to go over that monthly limit until you know the game better) find mentor, find society or at least few people to hunt with. Don't run for bigger guns and mobs. Play with the smallest gun on the smallest mobs for few months. The pistol from the trade terminal is good weapon after all other weapons you have are dead.

Get a mentor, trust nobody.

Gathering bone samples from Puny creatures can be a sustainable activity, not very profitable but more or less free skilling for newbies.

Don't touch the Opalo, there are plenty of HK110 for TT+1 arround. Perfect for puny.

Learn to use entropiawiki.com, bookmark it, save it, give it some love and it will take care of you. Knowledge is power.

Don't be scared to ask, the community is pretty awesome in this game.

Don't rush, don't play over your budget, patience will help you a lot.

If your mentor is not helping you give him the kick and move on, enough horror stories about that.

Stay away from crafting, it requires deep knowledge of the game to be profitable.

Don't gamble. Don't gamble... please.

Trust nobody.

Good luck.

Gathering bone samples from Puny creatures can be a sustainable activity, not very profitable but more or less free skilling for newbies.

Don't touch the Opalo, there are plenty of HK110 for TT+1 arround. Perfect for puny.

Learn to use entropiawiki.com, bookmark it, save it, give it some love and it will take care of you. Knowledge is power.

If your mentor is not helping you give him the kick and move on, enough horror stories about that.

Stay away from crafting, it requires deep knowledge of the game to be profitable.

Trust nobody.

Good luck.

All of this is great info . Also never accept free flights into space unless its with someone you know and if you do go up there dont take your stackable loot with you. Unless your going on the Normandie mothership you have a very good chance of losing your stuff.

Trust nobody.

Good luck.
Agreed, mercer is right

Would like to extend a bit more data on low lvl dpp and weapons

the S.I. Psy-Blade is same eco in use on puny for mellee, both are great on puny and should be available for + 1 or tt. (both 2.866 dpp Damage per 1 pec).

Want to put extra focus on Do NOT touch the opalo it only has 2.752 dpp , to reach same dpp with a opalo you wil need a omegaton A101 laser amp (TT +150).
But if you are at the point you can afforth the A101 laser amp it is worth it for all low lvl hunters due to the increassed eco it saves the same 150 MU in around 3 to 3.5k ped cycled compared to un amped opalo NOTE: this calculation is quite old so it can be slightly of but should be in the range of that amount .

But now a day i stil would advise against opalo there 2 better option for the a101 the cheapest to buy being Herman CAP-TT R (2.907 dpp) and then the prefert option the Ozpyn Chon S1X1 (2.974 dpp).

Do not use the cap-t R without a amp neither the eco is quite bad without the A101 (2.775 dpp)

They both beat the opalo by far in eco witch os only 2.861 dpp (at this lvl the range advantage means little to nothing).
Also i extra option over opalo would be the bukin blade with 2.861 dpp like a amped opalo , the advantage here is you get the weapon early as a mission reward and it wil beat the opalo dpp without investing in a +150 ped amp (witch is more then worth the MU in my opinion)

Last edited:
Trust nobody.

I agree with all of the post except "trust nobody". Trust is a part of the game, if you play without trust you're really isolating yourself. There are things you can't do without trusting people (enjoy a team hunt, travel with stackables on a mothership, loaning out items, etc). The key, if you're going to trust people in game, is to manage the risk. For example, only team hunt "big" mobs with people who've proven to be trustworthy to you in the past. Don't accept random team hunt requests. Only take as many stackables as you could bear to lose and base the amount on the reputation of the transport service. If you loan out an item, require an equivalent amount of collateral from the other person. Distrust some, trust some, but manage your risk in all cases.

Also, regarding eco... weapon economy doesn't really matter when hunting punies, what's more important is how much overkill you do and the average number of pec you're spending to kill each mob. Weapon "eco" is more important on larger mobs where overkill is not as much a factor.

Thanks for all of the great info guys! I didn't expect so many responses in such a short amount of time. I really appreciate it. I'm in PST for anyone who asked. I'll look for a mentor and do some exploring as of right now and probably delve into some hunting. I was hoping to get into mining, crafting, and eventually become self-sufficient and craft medical supplies, tools, etc. with my own resources but from what I can tell it seems like that will take a VERY long time to achieve. I realize this isn't a game you can just play for a month or two and expect to make huge progressions but I'm willing to invest the time and energy since I know this game will be around for a long time. Does this sound like a waste of time, or too far-fetched, if I plan on playing for a long time?

Thanks for all of the great info guys! I didn't expect so many responses in such a short amount of time. I really appreciate it. I'm in PST for anyone who asked. I'll look for a mentor and do some exploring as of right now and probably delve into some hunting. I was hoping to get into mining, crafting, and eventually become self-sufficient and craft medical supplies, tools, etc. with my own resources but from what I can tell it seems like that will take a VERY long time to achieve. I realize this isn't a game you can just play for a month or two and expect to make huge progressions but I'm willing to invest the time and energy since I know this game will be around for a long time. Does this sound like a waste of time, or too far-fetched, if I plan on playing for a long time?

I've been here since for almost 10 years and have no intentions of leaving anytime soon lol I think it is wise that you are in it for the long haul because this game takes time and patience. Focus more on mining and hunting for mark up rather than crafting. You can craft down the road as it will be easier for you to understand what is worth crafting and why it is so risky to do so :p

Where did you get this information from? I'm completely serious. I am not trying to antagonize you.

Becoming self-sufficient via hunting / mining / crafting without depositing is a pipe dream. You'd have an easier time becoming a professional gambler IRL. You will at the very least need to supplement those activities with far more boring ones such as reselling and networking.

All of this is great info . Also never accept free flights into space unless its with someone you know and if you do go up there dont take your stackable loot with you. Unless your going on the Normandie mothership you have a very good chance of losing your stuff.

forget the normandie

because that part is utter bullshit.
other privateers and motherships are just as safe to be on.
better yet the normandie gets shot donw the most og all warp ships as they brag about high safety and many pirates show them over and over again that they are not.

Firstly, welcome to EU.

Second, getting a mentor helps sooooo much. This game is very complex = tons of questions! Hypnotyk was my mentor and I probably wouldn't have made it this far without his help.

Lastly, if you have questions, send me a PM and I will answer your questions! I'm a US eastern time zone player and my services as a mentor are available! :)

I highly recommend Nick for your mentor services :D Great guy and he can teach you a lot! 1000% recommend

Thanks.

Gather TPs if you don't have them all yet... Read Entropedia a lot (export it to excel and study). Learn to deposit heavily if you want to get ahead... You can "stay in game" without doing that but life is pretty boring if you go the route of sweating, etc. However, some like that level of social interaction, so it works for them... Something else I'd highly advise is DON'T PLAY THIS GAME MORE THAN A FEW HOURS A WEEK HERE AND THERE AT MOST. Remember it's a game and your real life is far, far more important than any mmo that you might get sucked in to. Real life is much more precious than any virtual life, especially this time of the year when this game will call you to join Mayhem for a lot of hours in a short span of time when you should be with friends and family... Just saying keep your priorities straight.

Welcome to Entropia. :yay:

Yes, get a GOOD mentor. A crap mentor is worse than no mentor, so make sure you get a good one.
And a good society can also be very helpful, and makes the game much more social and fun, if you like to chat while playing.

And then you should try everything out for a while, until you get a feel for Entropia and what you like to do and what you don't like. After a month or a few, you might start getting an idea about what it's all about, and how you would like to progress.

Hope you'll enjoy it here. ;)

forget the normandie

because that part is utter bullshit.
other privateers and motherships are just as safe to be on.
better yet the normandie gets shot donw the most og all warp ships as they brag about high safety and many pirates show them over and over again that they are not.

What the hell are you on about Sidney ? Have you completely lost the plot m8 ?
Normandie doesnt get shot down at all when carrying passengers , in fact we tell people NOT to log off as it isnt needed .
Normandie has well over 150,000 SI now (yours has less than 1/2 of this ) and the last time we were attacked ( by 12 quads AND the Dreadnought) we survived and all the pirates died .When that attack took place we had less SI than we do now and less gunner slots and the pirates could shoot us out of range. ( the video is on this forum somewhere too)

Sidney please explain yourself ,especially my bolded part of your post , if you cant then dont make unfounded comments.

(oh and we are cheaper than all the other warp services out there too)

Is the reason you are selling yours is that you realise you cannot keep up with us maybe , in terms of our safety record our prices and the work JBK has put in making Normandie as strong as she is?

Are you suggesting that players should travel on weaker ships with less crew and less experience and that will somehow be safer?

Normandie has well over 150,000 SI now...
Are you suggesting that players should travel on weaker ships with less crew and less experience and that will somehow be safer?

SI means little atm in space.... that just means that with a good attack, with 1 crew member at each station with an rk-20 the ship can be taken down in less than 25 seconds. Thats with a 3 ship scenario, that is way to fast for me to risk my peds on.

Thats too fast to even take chances with.... the best thing to do is log out, and not piss off the pirates with an "unsinkable" ship... and boastfull speaches.... the best way to go about space is low impact, and try not to get noticed.

The Normandie is a targeted ship due to its owner and his boasting.... I stay far away from that ship and the trouble it causes.

btw, Welcome to EU.... I hope this does not derail your thread too much.

Well, you will see a lot of this arguing who has bigger SI and who killed who and when and what they looted etc... Read the forum, but avoid bulls***.
Get good mentor in your time zone.
Useful web site - entropedia. You can study every mob there, every gun, every armor, anything that exist ingame you can find info there. Read a lot of entropedia before you flood mentor with beginner comments. Trust me, there are really really polite people there, but maybe they don`t type that fast, maybe they wanna hunt or mine, and your question after question on what is what might not help.

Begin with going to Arkadia. Take the IFN mission chain - carabok, gallard. Both mobs have 10-15 hit points and are easy to kill. They give carabok hide that you sell to other people for increased value (Mark up-MU) and gallard hide. Both of those loot items will push you into breaking even, maybe even into positive.
Before you go hunting, buy S.I. Scorpion. Very economical gun. Mostly people sell it for TT price +1 ped.
Hunt those two mobs. If you get low on PED, start sweating carabok and then killing it. It is very slow process, but will keep you playing for free. Don`t buy armor, don`t buy fancy guns, don`t read globals, HoFs, ATHs etc... Maybe start shooting mobs from first person, i do that all the time, much more personal:)

Your inventory should only have 1 gun, one type of ammo, don`t do blp and laser, choose from the beginning which one you like. I do laser, because it has cheaper unlimited-repairable amplifiers for beginning. Most importantly, try not to rush the game. Try to sell everything to other people. Just buy from TT, don`t sell to tt anything, if you can do that. EVen tt+10 pec is a great deal. Always look for market value, month-day percentages.

There is so much to write down, just play and chat with people, there are some really polite people out there. But there are others, watch out for them. If you put your loot to trade with other avatar, and he/she puts ped in less than 10 seconds, that mostly mean they are short handing you, giving you less money. Take your time, calculate MU!
BEst of luck and have a good time

Deposit 20$ (and try not to go over that monthly limit until you know the game better) find mentor, find society or at least few people to hunt with. Don't run for bigger guns and mobs. Play with the smallest gun on the smallest mobs for few months. The pistol from the trade terminal is good weapon after all other weapons you have are dead.

20$ will be done in 2 days and you'll be back to the sweat camp. If you don't want to be looking at your computer screen doing nothing for the rest of the month deposit 300$

20$ will be done in 2 days and you'll be back to the sweat camp. If you don't want to be looking at your computer screen doing nothing for the rest of the month deposit 300$
I strongly advice, that you don't get DiaploP as mentor. :wise:

:laugh:

That is not true. Whith a bit of planning and discipline it is easy to play EU a whole month on a normal monthly MMO budget similiar to sub based games, without hunting puny all the time.

That is not true. Whith a bit of planning and discipline it is easy to play EU a whole month on a normal monthly MMO budget similiar to sub based games, without hunting puny all the time.

Thats the key really isnt it , most MMO's cost what 10-20 bucks a month? if you can play EU for that and have fun as well then its a win win.

Let me tell you exactly what will happen with 20$:

you deposit 20$ about 15% deposit tax leaves you with about 170 peds.

A- You go mining: mining returns right now are about 70~80% with low amount of drops. Without amps and the lowest gear (no enhancers . . .) only using tt stuff 170 peds of probes will last no more than 3 hours. you will be left with 119 Peds worth of loot. you're new so you'll probably end up with 110% MU

case1: You sell to resellers get about 105% MU>>> you're left with 124 Peds, a couple more hours of mining and you're left with nothing.

case2: You put stuff on auction: Again you're new so you'll probably end up waiting days until you get you stuff sold. again at 110% MU you'll be out of peds in a few days.

case3: You stand hours at twin peaks trying to sell your stuff, doesn't make much difference you'll still be out of money in a couple of days.

B- You go hunting: You'll be burning 30~40 peds an hour, same returns as mining expect around 105% MU. You'll be done in a few days.

When they say you can go on a 20$/month they expect you to go swunting punnies. That's basically a combination of sweating and hunting. Trust me sweating is not fun.

Let me tell you exactly what will happen with 20$:

you deposit 20$ about 15% deposit tax leaves you with about 170 peds.

A- You go mining: mining returns right now are about 70~80% with low amount of drops. Without amps and the lowest gear (no enhancers . . .) only using tt stuff 170 peds of probes will last no more than 3 hours. you will be left with 119 Peds worth of loot. you're new so you'll probably end up with 110% MU

case1: You sell to resellers get about 105% MU>>> you're left with 124 Peds, a couple more hours of mining and you're left with nothing.

case2: You put stuff on auction: Again you're new so you'll probably end up waiting days until you get you stuff sold. again at 110% MU you'll be out of peds in a few days.

case3: You stand hours at twin peaks trying to sell your stuff, doesn't make much difference you'll still be out of money in a couple of days.

B- You go hunting: You'll be burning 30~40 peds an hour, same returns as mining expect around 105% MU. You'll be done in a few days.

When they say you can go on a 20$/month they expect you to go swunting punnies. That's basically a combination of sweating and hunting. Trust me sweating is not fun.

I would say this whole text is big BS... first depositing fee isnt 15%. Secondly there many mobs you can hunt that are not puny and you wont lose 30-40 an hour. If you don´t know how to play smart then don´t assume others are just like you :)

1.Join society with 150+ members, there must be some people active at every time and in every time zone and on every planet. Somebody being in your time zone, being active, and being ingame for some 1-3-5 years ingame is best choice for mentor. Best is to have a mentor from the same soc you are in.
2.If you are not on Arkadia, go there, ask in society chat if somebody has a free passenger seat to Ark.
3.When you get to Ark, go to teleport, go to Celeste quarry.
4.Buy a S.I. Scorpion, give tt+1 ped. That means, tt value of item-2.99 ped, plus Mark up, increased value, 1 ped.
5.Rest of the money you should use to buy ammo.
6.Take IFN challenge on carabok-gallard, or maybe take all missions at once, so as long as you play the game, you have all the missions already counting your every kill.
7.Leave the Celeste quarry through west entrance, you will very soon see red dots on radar, and little green mobs with name L4 Carabok puny
8.KILL EM ALL, but don`t kill mob that somebody else is sweating or already shooting.

And have fun!

You can sweat carabok, get 10 bottles of sweat per mob, and couple of defensive skills, shoot it down, and then move on. Its a slooooooooow process, but you cannot go wrong with swunting carabok or gallard

I strongly advice, that you don't get DiaploP as mentor. :wise:

:laugh:

this is probably one of the best pieces of advice in this thread :wise:

I would say this whole text is big BS... first depositing fee isnt 15%. Secondly there many mobs you can hunt that are not puny and you wont lose 30-40 an hour. If you don´t know how to play smart then don´t assume others are just like you :)

lol so you're saying you play smarter than me. I've been able to grind over 100k peds in mining/crafting and hunting without making a single deposit. I know the game mechanics quite welll. And what I've written above is what the average new player will experience. Don't fool them into thinking they can enjoy their time here with 20$/month. with 20$/month you will be using EU as a glorified chat service.

Another thing that must be pointed out is that All MMo players want to reach the end game. New players should be told that the end game isn't just about skills its about the gear. You will need very large investments to purchase end game gear (thousands of USDs)

Giving new players the wrong idea about the game will get them frustrated.

lol so you're saying you play smarter than me. I've been able to grind over 100k peds in mining/crafting and hunting without making a single deposit. I know the game mechanics quite welll. And what I've written above is what the average new player will experience. Don't fool them into thinking they can enjoy their time here with 20$/month. with 20$/month you will be using EU as a glorified chat service.

Another thing that must be pointed out is that All MMo players want to reach the end game. New players should be told that the end game isn't just about skills its about the gear. You will need very large investments to purchase end game gear (thousands of USDs)

Giving new players the wrong idea about the game will get them frustrated.

You can play this game with no deposits so why cant he play it for 20usd a month?

Wow 100k you must be uber (too bad your entropialife.com profile is hidden)... It is not very hard if you put your mind into it. You don´t need big investments.. Jenna Star Mercury is pretty much no depositer.. and i think he is doing fine.

It really isnt about how much you depo. It is about how you use it.

Back