Delete whole word GLITCH fixed

whiteknut

Elite
Society
Vikings of Calypso
Snablesnot Male Young
Heya i just discovered easy fix for the recent feature of chat (if you press backspace it deletes whole word and not just the last letter).

FIX: Just press CTRL (not sure maybe just Left CTRL) in chat for once, after that backspace works as it used to (one letter at a time)

WHAT CAUSES THIS BUG? Using "alt gr" button or Alt button on the right side of spacebar.

UPDATE about this BUG!!!

I sent support case to mindark, and they responded that it is not a bug for them (probably because they are not using EU keyboard setting down in the mexico).
So i invite everyone else who has this bug to file support case.
How to know if you have this bug? Try creating symbol "@" alt gr+2 (on european keyboards), if after that you can only delete text by word (not by letter as normal) then you indeed have that bug. (it is bugged both in public chat and Private messages)

Last edited:
It is not recent but I never figured out the solution. Thanks :)

It is not recent but I never figured out the solution. Thanks :)

It depends on keyboard you use, for some it is new for some it is old.

Heya i just discovered easy fix for the recent feature of chat (if you press backspace it deletes whole word and not just the last letter).

FIX: Just use CTRL+BACKSPACE to delete something in chat for once, after that backspace works as it used to (one letter at a time)

So, I had this on sunday; If I knew this I wouldn't had to relog. And it is annoying when chatting with my healer and shooting. And relogging did ment 4 minutes. ahh, if I knew (but also some of the loot sticked to my screen, so I had to relog anyway. There where also alot of failed, vehicle not spawning after reviving; and lootlag from hell.

No, I aint complaining though; ohh wait...
c'mon MA, no more new useless features till you fix some bugs first. I mean, yes the mission counter now looks cool and I'm gratefull for it; but the old one wasn't irritating.

It wouldn't surprise me if this isn't an MA bug but rather a Microsoft feature.

Like, you press shift key a few times in a row and keyboard enters a "sticky key" mode - maybe it does but the popup that asks for confirmation isn't shown when running a fullscreen game. (Shift-backspace works in normal windows programs also.)

A Quick googling shows that Minecraft seems to have the same problem.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if this isn't an MA bug but rather a Microsoft feature.

Like, you press shift key a few times in a row and keyboard enters a "sticky key" mode - maybe it does but the popup that asks for confirmation isn't shown when running a fullscreen game. (Shift-backspace works in normal windows programs also.)

I am playing in window mode.. and it is only turned on ingame (and not one of those shift features).. so probably MA bug.

Update about this BUG.
I sent support case to mindark, and they responded that it is not a bug for them (probably because they are not using EU keyboard setting down in the mexico).
So i invite everyone else who has this bug to file support case.
How to know if you have this bug? Try creating symbol "@" alt gr+2 (on european keyboards), if after that you can only delete text by word (not by letter as normal) then you indeed have that bug. (it is bugged both in public chat and Private messages)

its not a bug, its a feature.
:D Nah they didnt say that either, they just said :it is not there!
It wasnt in VU list when it was introduced so until then it is a bug :)

:D Nah they didnt say that either, they just said :it is not there!
It wasnt in VU list when it was introduced so until then it is a bug :)

I dont know about the VU but I first found this bug/feature about 2 years ago happens randomly when I drop my keyboard

I have a french keyboard and tried your issue, even if "@" is on the [0] key here.
Same issue, once the [AltGr] key has been pressed, the [Backspace] deletes whole words.

Looking further, I noticed that:
- if you press [Ctrl+Backspace], it also deletes whole words. (It is not a "standard" feature, at least not in Notepad.)
- hardware code for [AltGr] is actually two keys sent: $11 + $12 ($ for hexa).
- hardware code for [Ctrl] is $11.

My guess is that they intercept the $12 from [AltGr] but not the $11, so their editor considers the [Ctrl] key is still down until you actually press it again. I suggest they send a NULL (0) key or a "Ctrl up" to fix it.

Keybd_Event(VK_CONTROL, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0); <- I use this in Delphi to release the [Ctrl] key by code
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646304(v=vs.85).aspx

IMO not a feature, but a bug, even if they can't reproduce it.

Sorry I won't record a case, I'm on NI and the support is as dead as the Auction here. :silly2:

Use Shift+Left/Right to mark/unmark text, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to mark/unmark whole words at once. That way, you'll actually see what you're about to delete.

For ~20 years, they're telling me cool kids delete stuff without looking at it but I'm still not buying. :laugh:

Back