• YES

Votes: 117 71.8%
  • NO

Votes: 46 28.2%

• Total voters
Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
As the picture shows, if a player shoots from a position where he cannot be hit, is it trapping?

This was done for over 5 hours, and AFTER Ark had made many clear and concise statements banning this behavior on the forum and in game. And he was asked dozens of times by the players to move.

This was causing mobs to go both unreachable, and to fly 100s of meters into the air.

He had many unreachable under him the whole time. He clearly wasn't getting hit.

Last edited:
Yes it's trapping . And after that , the AVATAR was rewarded with IMP GYRO FAP ?!?!?!

Was watching another avatar the other day doing the same thing streaming it over twitch. He would aim gun into spawn and auto fire no different than Riga team and their transgressions.

Trapped mobs can't be shot, thus there is no such thing as trapping anymore. That is part of your complaint, make up your mind.

Trapped mobs can't be shot, thus there is no such thing as trapping anymore. That is part of your complaint, make up your mind.

I knew CK would jump on this...

Mobs can be trapped and still killed before "Unreachable", so yes it IS trapping to shoot a mob that could NEVER hit you. And it is no different than trying to get in as many shots as you can before he goes unreachable, and then running up and finishing him, and therefore taking 50% decay.

Trapped is trapped, and trapped, means they can't hit you, and it doesn't matter what the word above the mobs head says!

I knew CK would jump on this...

Mobs can be trapped and still killed before "Unreachable", so yes it IS trapping to shoot a mob that could NEVER hit you. And it is no different than trying to get in as many shots as you can before he goes unreachable, and then running up and finishing him, and therefore taking 50% decay.

Trapped is trapped, and trapped, means they can't hit you, and it doesn't matter what the word above the mobs head says!

Yeah, and you were probably waiting for trying to bait. I noticed you only chose to single out one person and your name crossing out you know is ineffective. I guess I just couldn't resist the stupidity.

It's very simple. Mobs become trapped pretty quickly, you know this if you participate in events like this or Sand King or many others. Trapped mobs become unreachable quickly and can't be shot. So it is not cheating because you cannot trap anymore.

Now if you asked if it could be annoying for people to do things that cause the mobs to become unreachable then you may have gotten a different response.

But if you still think it's cheating you should report it, to support, they will decide, not the forum.

Yeah, and you were probably waiting for trying to bait. I noticed you only chose to single out one person and your name crossing out you know is ineffective. I guess I just couldn't resist the stupidity.

It's very simple. Mobs become trapped pretty quickly, you know this if you participate in events like this or Sand King or many others. Trapped mobs become unreachable quickly and can't be shot. So it is not cheating because you cannot trap anymore.

Now if you asked if it could be annoying for people to do things that cause the mobs to become unreachable then you may have gotten a different response.

But if you still think it's cheating you should report it, to support, they will decide, not the forum.

I know only MA can decide, and many of us are reporting it.

However, don't tell me I cant post a question in a poll to see what the community feels. Thank you.

As long as all the best loot is dropped on stupid Shared Loot boss mobs, this will continue to happen.

If it makes you feel any better, the item he got will soon be worthless, along with every other item, because all the best loot is dropped on stupid Shared Loot boss mobs.

always thought the guy was a massive douche for ever! now I know he is lol :)

I know only MA can decide, and many of us are reporting it.

However, don't tell me I cant post a question in a poll to see what the community feels. Thank you.

If i remember correctly when i was there, some of the ark official were standing on the wall, other players were also, this was boring as hell as mob would go unreachable yeah, eventually people would go down if asked nicely... did you? Although beyond that in such a big event, mobs cycled, chance to get aggro'd i'd not call this trapping at all & as xen mentioned trapping isnt possible anymore with the protection the mob has toward this action. this can be perceived as a fun killer but the player isnt to blame, if you ever been to sand king you'd realize the mob just trigger it too easily, too many shots? has to run? switch target too often.
If you want to have things to change ask for the issue to be fixed, not the player to get punished and this is what many of you have to think about & get over, thats sence of hate? imo.

Cheating would imply if he would get an unfair advantage over others. Everyone can go up there and "cheat". Until there is no more room. Had arkadia staff been a bit smarter they would have spawned it way further away from cities. To prevent any sort of "cheating". Technically he cannot damage the mob when it goes unreachable. So the only "advantage" he got is no worry of getting hit. That makes it a smart strategy in my eyes.

Blame the PP for putting spawn so stupidly close to city. Not the player for using their brain to maximize their chances.

If i remember correctly when i was there, some of the ark official were standing on the wall

As they don't inflict damage, mobs won't agro on them.. they stand there to have a good overview & have an easy point ot heal

If Menace was banned for trapping, I don't see how this is any different.

Just my :twocents:.

• The PP knows it is an issue and has said it is going to be fixed with the next update.
  • The PP repeatedly asked in the event announcements (and during event) that people not engage mobs from under the gate or from the walls for the reasons stated.
  • Some people feel entitled to behave however they want regardless of how that effects others experience.
  • Noone but the devs/MA can do anything about such peoples behaviour so all you can do is report it and/or bring your gripe to the forum in hope of finding community agreement/support.
  • Depending on your point of view, such behaviour is a violation of the ToS/EULA and so a case for being reported (if you fell that way inclined).
  • Haters gonna hate
  • Douches gonna douche
  • Issues like this are one of the main reasons why I don't generally attend events (on any planet) in the first place.

If i remember correctly when i was there, some of the ark official were standing on the wall, other players were also, this was boring as hell as mob would go unreachable yeah, eventually people would go down if asked nicely... did you? Although beyond that in such a big event, mobs cycled, chance to get aggro'd i'd not call this trapping at all & as xen mentioned trapping isnt possible anymore with the protection the mob has toward this action. this can be perceived as a fun killer but the player isnt to blame, if you ever been to sand king you'd realize the mob just trigger it too easily, too many shots? has to run? switch target too often.
If you want to have things to change ask for the issue to be fixed, not the player to get punished and this is what many of you have to think about & get over, thats sence of hate? imo.

Akon! was it one of your soc mates perchance!! get a grip mate! you know whats right and whats wrong, so don't lower yourself!!

its douche baggery and we all know it is! its cheap shit!

This is the most relevant quote from support I could find on the matter:

We are aware of that the AI of the animals is yet not perfect. We are constantly updating this system to improve it further. If the creature gets stuck and cannot reach you (for whatever reason), it should fall into a trapped state, meaning that it cannot be damaged or interacted with. If, for some reason, the creature is stuck, but does not fall into the trapped state, this is an exploit. If you ignore this fact and you still interact with the creature to gain advantages you are abusing an exploit and thereby violating the EULA.

Another precedent, which unfortunately I cannot locate at the moment, is a statement from a dev explaining that keeping extra mobs (that you're not currently engaging in battle) away from you using terrain (I believe pillars in CP) is NOT an exploit, but a creative use of the environment. The EULA and TOS themselves don't offer much else in the way of specifics. More examples would be helpful, but based on these, I would make the following judgment:

If I understand the situation correctly, this does not seem to be an exploit. If the mob is able to attack one or more of the people battling it, then it should not enter a trapped state while targeting one of them. It should enter a trapped state when it engages with a target that it cannot reach. In this particular case, the mob is attacking other players most of the time, and can reach them, so it should not be trapped most of the time. It should only be trapped while targeting the players out of reach. Nothing seems to be occurring to interfere with the "trapped" mechanic's proper functionality. This seems more comparable to using terrain to avoid multiple mob agro, or using terrain to escape from a mob on a TP run, or ping-ponging a mob back and forth between two hunters to survive more attacks.

With that said, all colonists are required to obey the instructions of MindArk and planet partner devs. If the one at this event was telling players to move, then they must do so. The scope of such an ad-hoc instruction, and its usefulness in evaluating scenarios after the event, would be up for debate.

Last edited:
Cheating would imply if he would get an unfair advantage over others. Everyone can go up there and "cheat".

This is false. Cheating does not imply that the guy next to you is unable to copy your action.

This is the most relevant quote from support I could find on the matter:

We are aware of that the AI of the animals is yet not perfect. We are constantly updating this system to improve it further. If the creature gets stuck and cannot reach you (for whatever reason), it should fall into a trapped state, meaning that it cannot be damaged or interacted with. If, for some reason, the creature is stuck, but does not fall into the trapped state, this is an exploit. If you ignore this fact and you still interact with the creature to gain advantages you are abusing an exploit and thereby violating the EULA.

Another precedent, which unfortunately I cannot locate at the moment, is a statement from a dev explaining that keeping extra mobs (that you're not currently engaging in battle) away from you using terrain (I believe pillars in CP) is NOT an exploit, but a creative use of the environment. The EULA and TOS themselves don't offer much else in the way of specifics. More examples would be helpful, but based on these, I would make the following judgment:

If I understand the situation correctly, this does not seem to be an exploit. If the mob is able to attack one or more of the people battling it, then it should not enter a trapped state while targeting one of them. It should enter a trapped state when it engages with a target that it cannot reach. In this particular case, the mob is attacking other players most of the time, and can reach them, so it should not be trapped most of the time. It should only be trapped while targeting the players out of reach. Nothing seems to be occurring to interfere with the "trapped" mechanic's proper functionality. This seems more comparable to using terrain to avoid multiple mob agro, or using terrain to escape from a mob on a TP run, or ping-ponging a mob back and forth between two hunters to survive more attacks.

With that said, all colonists are required to obey the instructions of MindArk and planet partner devs. If the one at this event was telling players to move, then they must do so. The scope of such an ad-hoc instruction, and its usefulness in evaluating scenarios after the event, would be up for debate.

Ty for your post. And the part you bolded confirms its an exploit.

He was interacting with a creature that can't hit him, so that creature is inherently "stuck" because that creature cannot hit him there.

The creature was stuck, as to his avatar, the second he started shooting, and like I said, it was stuck regardless of whether it had the unreachable tag or not.

Anyone who differs can't read.

I used to think you were allright, Rechinal, but now you can just piss off. Don't make up facts to protect a buddy who exploited. Same with Xen.

Last edited:
This is posted on the wrong forum, if it gets posted on the Ark forum, the Arkadian mgmt will respond

I used to think you were allright, Rechinal, but now you can just piss off. Don't make up facts to protect a buddy who exploited. Same with Xen.

I mean, why would you make a thread asking for people's thought if you are not whilling to accept theirs and just get stuck on yoursor even discuss it?, this is what i came for, not to hear cheers all over to people sharing your idea on that matter.
If this was a solo hunter doing this over and over again, one could whine but still the unreachable would show up real quick, there, on these events they trigger the unreachable for no appearing reason, also let me bring up another fact that when i hunt solo i move around and "avoid hits" so much the mob goes unreachable so to say how the system is fucked up, we are complaining about an issue and not an individual case, thats what i am about, spot the real problem..
And as i have stated, official been doing so along with few random people and i was pissed about it and kept on asking people to come down, they would eventually understand how it could ruin the hunt and come down, again did you ask him to come down or you got pissy the moment he looted something and thought it was time to do something?
I always want to remain fair, regardless of relationship i have with people, fair play is fair play, those snipers sucks, they shouldnt be up there but this should NOT be flaged as an exploit, people easily throw that word out these days. again IMO

I was at the event when the incident happened.

After the person in the screenshot came down, another guy was up there as well, claiming that since the first guy was there, he should be allowed to as well.

So he set a bad example, which led on to others doing the same.

laggy buggy crappy

Honestly some of the mobs were no where near the entrance to the base and they would still go unreachable. Targetting them was terribly annoying. Failed shots galore, auto fire just stopping and locking up because the things were flying around in the air. Truth is this is a very poorly programmed game and today was just another reminder of that fact. If it wasn't real money getting wasted on this, it wouldn't be such an annoyance.

I was there and it was pretty clear in chat this guy knew what he was doing and just did not care what anyone including the officials were saying. He lamely said he was too heavy. I guess he was too lazy to take the time to put his stuff in storage so he could run from the revive like everyone else. He knew he was standing in a protected spot. It's definitely cheating, as we saw, exploiting a bug to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

I hear CK used to have some respect in game but I guess not anymore.

Last edited:
I mean, why would you make a thread asking for people's thought if you are not whilling to accept theirs and just get stuck on yoursor even discuss it?, this is what i came for, not to hear cheers all over to people sharing your idea on that matter.
If this was a solo hunter doing this over and over again, one could whine but still the unreachable would show up real quick, there, on these events they trigger the unreachable for no appearing reason, also let me bring up another fact that when i hunt solo i move around and "avoid hits" so much the mob goes unreachable so to say how the system is fucked up, we are complaining about an issue and not an individual case, thats what i am about, spot the real problem..
And as i have stated, official been doing so along with few random people and i was pissed about it and kept on asking people to come down, they would eventually understand how it could ruin the hunt and come down, again did you ask him to come down or you got pissy the moment he looted something and thought it was time to do something?
I always want to remain fair, regardless of relationship i have with people, fair play is fair play, those snipers sucks, they shouldnt be up there but this should NOT be flaged as an exploit, people easily throw that word out these days. again IMO

This is the second time you ask in this thread if we asked him to come down, which means you didn't even read the OP. Who argues anything without even reading what you are arguing against?

And the Devs are allowed to be up there...someone explained that to you also in this thread, but you didn't read that either.

So I am again asking why you defend this action when you are not even reading the facts. I know the answer...hell, we all do. You're just sticking up for someone, even though you don't know the facts...that's fine, it's even admirable to do so, but nonetheless, it wasted our time because you don't have your facts right.

This is the second time you ask in this thread if we asked him to come down, which means you didn't even read the OP. Who argues anything without even reading what you are arguing against?

And the Devs are allowed to be up there...someone explained that to you also in this thread, but you didn't read that either.

So I am again asking why you defend this action when you are not even reading the facts. I know the answer...hell, we all do. You're just sticking up for someone, even though you don't know the facts...that's fine, it's even admirable to do so, but nonetheless, it wasted our time because you don't have your facts right.

You also seems to blindly pick what you want off my posts, i acknowleadged the fact some people did ask for him to move then i still ask YOU again, did you ask him nicely or you left that task to the other to do so, not so hard to answer something is it? or do you prefer to make people look as you perceive them for people to share your opinion.

I want you to re-read my posts, both of them, and point it to me where i am supporting his actions, where did i mentionned that it was his right to do so? he will face the crowd and repond for his acts in time if found guilty of anything, i am here to share my opinion which is: no this isnt cheating, this bother me but this wont push me to report an individual over it (haven't reported anyone over anything to this day, I only report issues, no name need to be thrown, thats just my mentality) and flag him as an exploiter (not a guy in supremacy/mod shadow with 250hp+ who regulary hunt big stuff taking massive decay everyday, this has now sound like supporting a person)..

I also read that he eventually came down in the above post? He's probably not so guilty afterall and has a sence of fairness..
If my opinion is too much to take, change the thread name into something that will attract all the peoples that like and want to see the witch burn up and dance around the fire

Last edited:
You also seems to blindly pick what you want off my posts, i acknowleadged the fact some people did ask for him to move then i still ask YOU again, did you ask him nicely or you left that task to the other to do so, not so hard to answer something is it? or do you prefer to make people look as you perceive them for people to share your opinion.

I want you to re-read my posts, both of them, and point it to me where i am supporting his actions, where did i mentionned that it was his right to do so? he will face the crowd and repond for his acts in time if found guilty of anything, i am here to share my opinion which is: no this isnt cheating, this bother me but this wont push me to report an individual over it (haven't reported anyone over anything to this day, I only report issues, no name need to be thrown, thats just my mentality) and flag him as an exploiter (not a guy in supremacy/mod shadow with 250hp+ who regulary hunt big stuff taking massive decay everyday, this has now sound like supporting a person)..

I also read that he eventually came down in the above post? He's probably not so guilty afterall and has a sence of fairness..
If my opinion is too much to take, change the thread name into something that will attract all the peoples that like and want to see the witch burn up and dance around the fire

He was up for 5 hours (roughly), and I asked him nicely at least 1 dozen times myself....this wasn't gonna be a which hunt, but I have the screenies to prove it, so if you still want to doubt me and muddy the waters, I will be glad to send them to you.

I didn't name him...I let his soc do that and any of the 150 people that were there asking him to get down time and time again. If they witch-hunt him, it ain't my fault, its his.

He was the most obvious one, up there the longest, and he clearly disrespected everyone and laughed at us, so what if I used his picture and others figure it out? He deserved it.

Last edited:
Back