FIFA WORLD CUP : who will win?? :D

KASSAD

Old Alpha
Society
"les amis de fernand"
Colonel KASSAD The Punisher
ok, the title says everything :D

The teams were announced yesterday, so we can start to discuss about it seriously :naughty:
I didn't make a poll because of the ten choice limit... even if less team than ten can win :D

So, which one do u see as the winner of the cup???

U don't absolutely have to vote for ur country ;)

Well even if I think France will win it :tongue2:

England , its time for them to win something ... and i`m not from England lol :) hope that Rooney and Owen will be OK :)

Brasil offcourse is number 1 !!!

outsiders are France, Portugal, Italy, Germany and The Netherlands.

I think it will be Portugal not sure why just have a feeling they will.

Portugal for sure ;)
If our coatch dont invent 2 much :D

I would have to vote for Brazil. Portugal? Unlikely.

U.S. won't make it to the finals but maybe the quarterfinals if they can hold their own against Czech (ya right lol).

Hoping for Portugal :)

Portugal 4 teh win!!!

NoLimit said:
England , its time for them to win something ... and i`m not from England lol :) hope that Rooney and Owen will be OK :)

hum, it'll be hard for them, but they have a good chance I think
(I think but I hope not ;) )

Koder_PT said:
Portugal for sure ;)
If our coatch dont invent 2 much :D

hehe It's been a long time I didn't see them play, but it'd be a surprise :)

Kerham said:
I think an Asian team.. Japan or South Korea.

hey, we are talking about FOOTBALL, not martial arts (j/k ;) )

FIFA April Rankings (and yes that is good ole USA in 4th lol):

1 Brazil
2 Czech Republic
3 The Netherlands
4 USA
5 Spain
6 Mexico
7 France
8 Portugal
8 Argentina
10 England

11 Denmark
12 Nigeria
12 Turkey
14 Italy
15 Cameroon
16 Sweden
17 Japan
18 Egypt
19 Greece
19 Germany

I think Brazil will beat Argentina in the final.

Even though I support England I don't think they'll go further than quarter finals.

Netherlands in with a chance and Germany will probably do OK too I reckon.

eng-er-land
eng-er-land
eng-er-land

why is it that footie fans add that extra sylable?? maybe its a er as in errrrrr where am i going? lol

:D

i'd love to see england do it, but the reality voice in the back of my head keeps telling me we dont really have a snowballs change in hell:p lol

Ahhh so heres LT's review of the cup ;)

brazil, argentina or germany are my top tips ;) maybe worth a trip down the bookies :D

theres a massive advantage to being the host country, france won in france, the ol' 1966 was in england, so i think germany have a good chance, well thats if klinnsman turns up i guess:p hehe the florida sun might be too nice to leave ;)

the czech's have a good chance, and some awsome players, nedved is just awsome, but i dunno if they have the strength to go all the way

netherlands? well same as most tournaments, they have the best team on paper, but struggle to pull it all together

portugal, maybe a wild card, old scolari has won the cup before, so maybe his experiance will help, no longer are they the one man team of old, now with some amazing young guns, cristiano ronaldo, tiago, carvalhio etc

ukraine are in thier 1st world cup, and they are looking like a tough team top play as well, shevshenko is DA MAN!!

as a idea maybe we should look at all doing a world cup dream team, theres plenty of sites out there that do it, and we could have a Entropia League too

.... and then we will see who in entropia really knows thier stuff :D

maybe theres a better site tho, i havnt looked much

Same as Ice Hockey, Czechs will win ofcourse :D

Only one team have Stevie G :bowdown:

As long as Sven plays him behind the front two in an attacking role rather than in a holding position. :wise:

(small hijack: Anyone see the Cup Final on Saturday, what a fantastic game and what a fantastic player!)

Would be awesome if England won, but chances will be alot slimmer if rooney isnt fit for it. Although in 1966 we were without alot of our best players of that time. It would surprise me much if Germany got it this time round, They where so close last time, and this time their gona be at home, and from what iv heard they have been improving their squad alot, plus this time round their at home ;)

host country has really good chance to win, that's true, I don't think we would have won in 1998 in another country :wise:

Epictetus said:

4 USA

lol they were drunk when they did that ranking

1-France (of course :cheer: )
2-Brazil
3-Germany
4-Spain

and

lol !!!

I have read in the newspaper before the world cup of 2002 that Senegal team(who were in same category than France) cursed France team with african voodoo so Senegal would qualify to the 1/4 instead of France......
Senegal voodoo masters said french have to sacrifice 2 goats in order to remove the curse ........
.France didnot score any goal in 2002 and our best player Zidane got injuried so he couldnot play ....thats scary! :vampire:

I only hope they sacrificed the 2 goats this time :D...spooky

The Netherlands will get far this time. How far? Not sure, but the records so far are very promising.

Last time the WC was in Germany, we almost pulled it off... HIR SIND WIR WIEDER!

Don't be surprised if at the last minute, Makaay might be added to the selection. Even if he'd just be warming up while playing against the Gerries, I bet you could hear the Germans shit their pants all the way to Japan. Although Huntelaar also would seem like a logical choice.

It's a shame Jaap Stam won't reconsider. He's proven to be very capable of disrupting Ronaldinho's play, and I have a feeling we might just be needing that at some point ;)

Peter, very anxious to watch the tourney in DK and surprising a whole neighbourhood :D

Many things are very wrong about those rankings and even qualifying groups. That's why USA comes up that high.

They spend all their time playing against teams from countries that are tiny little islands and such. Don't understand why USA and all the other countries from North/Central America don't play the same qualifying as the South American ones.

That's why countries like Mexico and USA are always on the world cup.

ZIMBABWE WILL WIN!!!!!

Are we even in it? Are we talking about Hockey??

Well that's what makes the world cup awesome, trash talk! You all ignore the recent successes of the U.S. team at your own peril!

Go EVIL EMPIRE!

:bomb:

Epictetus said:
Well that's what makes the world cup awesome, trash talk! You all ignore the recent successes of the U.S. team at your own peril!

Go EVIL EMPIRE!

:bomb:

I'm not saying USA has a bad team. They even beat us (Portugal) in the last World Cup, although Portugal did terribly in that cup anyway.

I'm just saying that they have a very easy route to qualify for the cup; you should compare it to Europe for example. What I don't understand is way they separate the qualifications like that South/North-Central. It's the only continent that is divided. Otherwise US, Mexico and would have to play against some much harder teams, it would even be better for them to evolve their football.

DevAng said:
I'm not saying USA has a bad team. They even beat us (Portugal) in the last World Cup, although Portugal did terribly in that cup anyway.

I'm just saying that they have a very easy route to qualify for the cup; you should compare it to Europe for example. What I don't understand is way they separate the qualifications like that South/North-Central. It's the only continent that is divided. Otherwise US, Mexico and would have to play against some much harder teams, it would even be better for them to evolve their football.

Hmm I did not know that. +rep for a very interesting post. We are getting better but I admit the number 4 ranking seems strange even to us. :)

Epictetus said:
Hmm I did not know that. +rep for a very interesting post. We are getting better but I admit the number 4 ranking seems strange even to us. :)

Well, you sure got the potential. Having a country with don't-even-know-how-many-but-an-awfully-lot millions ppl you have a lot of manpower thus having higher probability to get some good players ;) You just need to really invest in football like you do on baseball/basketball/american football.

btw, do you know if Freddy Adu is going to the world cup?

P.S. - That about #4 is what I also meant about US playing against weaker teams, they always(almost) win without much problems.

Adu didn't make it. He's still young, 16, and after a pretty good year last year he has really been struggling in this Major League Soccer season.

And I know what you are saying about the U.S. population. That's what the europeans in my society say as well. "You should have a great team with all the people you have." But like you said they focus mostly on baseball or football, the real talented athletes because that's where the money is.

I watched the game vs. portugal four years ago and I was suprised we won.

I'm taking the day off of work for US/Czech...probably gonna beat us bad lol.

I also watched that game and was surprised we lost :( Many things went wrong for our team in that world cup, many things left unexplained, it was just poorly run and organized.

I hope we won't make the same mistakes ... I don't think we will :)

NoLimit said:

I doubt rooney will be ok, he broke his foot about two weeks ago, so unless he has a mod fap....

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Oh, and England will win. (Beating Germany 5-1 in the final) :D

Back