Sand King, a classic MA story

PW3CKA

Elite
Society
Entropy
Pecka ecka Martinek
So came back playing after long time, of course no idea how the wave events really work.

Spend significant time at rextelum event.

Sand King spawns, XX people get DCed for X minutes. You think it does not matter.

The stupid mob dissapears when at 5% or less.

Way to go MA, implementing timer, not telling anybody, not displaying any count down :D

A classic MindArk practice, what to say :D

A pricey lesson to stay away from any shared loot stupidity.

Yes with Kim now online again I hope he can see just how bad the game has gotten in performance first hand and not just reading about all the PMs sent to him about the issue(s).

Same here. After 20 minutes the sandking timed out. There could not have been much hp left on it. Plenty others and me got disconnected to desktop for about 2 minutes while the avatar was "online".

Really sad, supcase made. Worst part is I asked some people over to help as I saw we were with too few. Without the DC that mob would have been dead and looted. Guaranteed as dps kept increasing and HP was below 10% at time of kicks.

I counted only 3 globals on the rextelum from wave 8 up btw, which is lower already than I have ever withnessed.

No problem, just ask Kim to spawn you one, or a few... :rolleyes:

...due to technical issues...cannot be verified...cannot compensate...investigate...thank you for your patience...Hope you have a nice day...(sucker)

But it was about the Wave after Wave of mobs to get to the Sand king..... i mean What's the point of these awesome parts of the game if they don't Work....

The Boss should have a 3hr + time limit In my opinion Or why any timer at All! Let the CAlypso or What ever planet to Get a group to kill the Boss, i think that would be fun.......

it was really annoying to see 5% and the excitement of LOOT!!!!!! ....... but nothing......... not a great story....

boot to the head

I rarely hunt anymore these days after having experienced many horrible hunts (Ill spare the details) anyway I also joined in on the Sand King and burned up plenty of tt on my tier 9 weapon (and at least 1 enhancer). While I was by no means out as much ped as many of my soc mates, it just reinforces my decision to minimize all hunting activities.

imo if they want a despawn timer.

That timer should reset every time the mob takes damage.

Otherwise forcing a fight stop at the customer expense during combat. Is incentive to not only not hunt that mob, but perhaps get disgusted and stop hunting altogether.

However, whether or not the players choose to continue to play, seems to not be pert of MA concern in any areas. more and more core systems have built in "rage quit" issues. Perhaps its worse than not caring perhaps its deliberate? idk its odd and scary.

So came back playing after long time, of course no idea how the wave events really work

Spend time and money on something you don't know how it works, then complain? There have always been wave timeouts. It has always applied to boss wave as well. If you have never before had a boss mob time out, you have been very lucky. Bring more friends and dps next time, or announce the waves on forum to try to get people to come.

...due to technical issues...cannot be verified...cannot compensate...investigate...thank you for your patience...Hope you have a nice day...(sucker)
I believe this is exactly the words you're looking for...

"Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support" :eyecrazy:

how about u ppl stop shooting them sand kings? all ive seen is whine about em being broken.. still ppl wanna spend peds on em

Is there a particular gun or a way to CTD people?

Was doing a small wave and I was disconnected twice when mob was really low on health, got the impression some ava just sitting there did something... twice.

The more we know, the more MA will be force to take action.

Just asking if is possible, not really paranoid about it.

Was doing a small wave and I was disconnected twice when mob was really low on health, got the impression some ava just sitting there did something... twice.

I would not be really surprised :(

Few years ago, during Land Grab, if you spawned a tank you made people disconnect...
So it can be anything similar..

Now to a response for some stupid posts about how I should know everything or not doing things I don't know well about. Try to use your brain cells. It costs XXX peds to kill the Sand King, why it should cost people XXX peds to find out that there is a timer?

Is this fair business practice? No, it's MA business practice, and that is what I am complaining here about..

But well, I am not an idiot and will never attempt to kill that guy again.. the same with any share loot events :)

last year there was something wrong with clothes, after the new avatar screwup.. I mean update.
if you wore your coat then your team mates would ctd. Maybe there is still such an item which causes others to disconnect.

My first time with the "Sand King":yay::wtg::yay::wtg:

Up until the time-out on wave 12 it was enjoyable so I'd like to say "Thanks" to everyone who took part!

I can't comment on return rate as I have not checked loot yet. All I can say is that I spent about 1200 PED on Kims impromptu event at Ashi and the Sand King afterwards. :eyecrazy:

... and the CTD was annoying, both at Ashi and Sand King.

Dirk

I was at the SK-waves too. Despite the very low amount if globals , I had fun. But when the boss timed-out with less than 5% hp, the only thing I could do is give myself a slap on the head for shooting shared mobs again. From now on I'll try to stay as far away from them as I can.

Why the rage against shared loot mobs? These problems have nothing to do with the shared loot system. Shared loot mobs don't have to be 1000000+ hp. Rage against giant mobs... with unannounced timers!

Also, I don't think MA is responsible for anything other than the server crashes. It's Planet Calypso's responsibility to inform you when they have installed a timer on a boss mob.

Back