Info: THE HIVE: a tutorial to aurli uber bosses

--Mod's comment--

Discuss the issue, not the people.

Personal arguments or soc vs soc issues have no place here on this forum.

Forum Rules said:
2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas...
--/Mod's comment--

I think I'll add x kills + a random timer of like 1-24 hours, that should be hard enough to predict.

Sweet.

Very discouraging going up to try and grind in hopes of a boss...only to have green dots just lurking outside the caves waiting for the bosses to spawn. I was fortunate enough to have a boss spawn in the cave I was in, and a green dot rushed the cave and started shooting the boss I was shooting. Thankfully I had a head start and looted the boss.

It's even more of a pain when you try to go into Bell or Dread lair, which are PVP, to have the green dots come and dispose of you when they feel like it.

Thanks for the consideration to make changes. :thumbup:

I think I'll add x kills + a random timer of like 1-24 hours, that should be hard enough to predict.

this is a good start, also make sure to make them spawn at random position in the whole cave :)

although this guide might become obselete, this should bring yall equal chances to score in and eventually revive the cave

Well to be more fair I think spawn boss every 1 hour random and ofc a lot with no bones this do the trick :wise:

or just add sometime different to the boss mob and make the bones drop on the no boss mobs

Last edited:
Kim Read this... I would appreciate a reply, even in pm.

Kim,

lets be real. You can look at my tracker and see very easily I am a hardcore grinder except for the last month. IRL stuff.... that being said. since things seem to get resolved here and not from support cases. lets reflect a moment

Support cases were put in by myself and at least 20 other people that the system was flawed and the bosses only came on server resets. It took months and months to fix this.. Who benefited the same people who always seem to magically know whats going on and where mobs are before they are even announced etc. (Conspiracy Theory)

But many people suffered this while I personally lost over 100k cycling peds there to never ever see even 1 bone in the months I was there and saw stryker as well as a select other few get over 40 in the same time period. I made a support case way back then asking why the system wasn't balanced. Day in and Day out I would cycle for 12 or more hours a day and within 10 min of certain avatars logging in they had already looted 1 or 2 bones.

How long would you expect me to continue this way.. so yes eventually I left the area and have avoided it like the plague until we were told it was revamped and not based on server resets. But even more peds cycled and same result.

Your system of timed is flawed because it will be figured out and exploited. Second, the doing it for X mobs will also be exploited why... because you will have certain groups of people that will stand there for hours not spending anything except to kill those who enter some pvp cave or spend nothing at all till the boss comes.. then they mobsteal it from those that actually did the work to spawn it..

Do you think its right I should cycle 10k-20k ped a day killing mobs and then someone else and a few friends spend nothing then mobsteal? How long do you think I will continue to cycle peds like that?

Some would say get a bigger gun.. I do 156dps, it don't get much bigger than that, however it only takes a few people with medium dps to overtake that.

So is MA's goal to have everyone stand around with a thumb in ass until the boss comes or do they want peds cycled.

It has happened with every single event or special mob. ALL OF THEM

Wanna do sand king.. right takes us a fortune and long time to get there but with 25ish people maybe then magically at the round right before sand king 400 people r there.

Wanna do some rounds for the maffoid boss.. surely some people will stand around and not even shoot those and wait for the boss.

Marc. boss

and of course the Aurli bosses.

All these setups create a failure for the grinders unless they grind in a team to prevent mobstealing, which shouldn't be required.

While im on my soapbox, ill throw this in as well

Second Issue,

The endless amount of mayhems that only a few people can actually win.

you make it pure dps like MM. Terminator wins. There is only one in game to regulate the system.. balance ect. but we both know damn well it gets whored out every event.

What does that mean... 17 of the top prizes for MM went to the same soc.

What else does it mean. several people like myself who spend and lose thousands of dollars on events like that will no longer participate because there is NO POSSIBLE WAY TO WIN.

Gear should be locked to players during an event. When event is over, unlock the gear. Its that simple.

The same issue exists with these point getting Mayhem events. It was proven with the Halloween MM. You said that it wasn't a dps competition, but there again those with the Terminator won by dps not luck due to pure stastics. So the random factor of collecting pumpkins or whatever is flawed.

Third issue.

99% of the time, items drop in waves, days of nothing, maybe playing 13hr a day, then go off for a few hours and 5 items drop. a few on each planet within a super short period of time...

Why cant it just be random and not in waves like that. This really screws a lot of people.

I don't say any of this to be mean. Its just fact. I want to help. If you need other ideas of how these distributions should be done, let me know.

Lunchbox, I hope one day you get to experience the exhilarating sense of thrill and excitement that accompanies figuring out some aspect of Entropia before all others. This is an RCE dude; to compete (while profiting), you need to use your brain as well as your dps. And as a side note, your posts usually contain good points, but you bury them with so many expletives and off-the-wall remarks that I think you to lose your target audience along the way.

It sucks that this info is out, but it needed to happen sooner or later I guess to stop the monopolies (myself included). I was one of the first to figure out how the respawn worked, but to those of you calling that an exploit or something taboo...you really should ask yourself if your time isn't better off playing Chutes and Ladders.

To Kim:
The underlying problem is that profiteers have the option to be successful while also being afk 98% of the time because they realize the bosses have an extremely high drop rate. If you want to create a fair system that is more likely to reward higher turnover, treat boss drop chance % exactly the same as other broods. You can move Dreads shadow feet to the All-Brood lootpool, Jaguar helmet to Bell's entire pool, etc. They can still be somewhat exclusive and "cool" because people need them for the mission.

I agree the system was wrong from the start, and I voiced my complaints. More PED spent should mean better chances at bones.

this is a good start, also make sure to make them spawn at random position in the whole cave :)

although this guide might become obselete, this should bring yall equal chances to score in and eventually revive the cave

Why to do so much ? just let boss not spawn if wss is in cave :) that what you want :)

there will be no better for hunters that still where randoom spawn, so man can come to cave, sit on one spawn and still wait for spawn. there will never work.

This is good

Please add this.

*Wall of text removed to highlight executive summary for Kim*

So is MA's goal to have everyone stand around with a thumb in ass until the boss comes or do they want peds cycled.

And this sums it all up.

When the fix is in place, I'll be cycling peds and camping the aurli caves again.

For now please excuse me, I got Fouls and Caraboks to kill.

Lunchbox, I hope one day you get to experience the exhilarating sense of thrill and excitement that accompanies figuring out some aspect of Entropia before all others. This is an RCE dude; to compete (while profiting), you need to use your brain as well as your dps. And as a side note, your posts usually contain good points, but you bury them with so many expletives and off-the-wall remarks that I think you to lose your target audience along the way.

It sucks that this info is out, but it needed to happen sooner or later I guess to stop the monopolies (myself included). I was one of the first to figure out how the respawn worked, but to those of you calling that an exploit or something taboo...you really should ask yourself if your time isn't better off playing Chutes and Ladders.

To Kim:
The underlying problem is that profiteers have the option to be successful while also being afk 98% of the time because they realize the bosses have an extremely high drop rate. If you want to create a fair system that is more likely to reward higher turnover, treat boss drop chance % exactly the same as other broods. You can move Dreads shadow feet to the All-Brood lootpool, Jaguar helmet to Bell's entire pool, etc. They can still be somewhat exclusive and "cool" because people need them for the mission.

I agree the system was wrong from the start, and I voiced my complaints. More PED spent should mean better chances at bones.

HAHA +REP for true

To Kim:

When i was in private meedting with Richard Branson, he sayd to me one thing , and it can be same as EU players.

1. People who Say taht UBERS are bad , and EXPLOIT everythting - they will never BECOME an UBER, because hisbrains refuses it to do , because they all are bad .
Same theory was proved long time ago when was sayd : if all people think Millionares are all Thiefs, they will never be a millionares because when brains refuses man to become a Millionare, because he is a chief, they do everything to lose money to not become it.

2. When ALL people say - there is BAD LOTO AND NO PEDS ,
ALL Ubers and SMART people say - there is so much peds around, just dont get it how to get it from that people.
That was again, sayd by one of Industry monopolis CEO in USA.

so dont have double minds in you head, If you want to become one of elite, shink about it and respect smart ones.

because the cruel truth is in all over the world - if you are nothing, you will be nothing if no hard work is done.

and there is no fair world as - all is equal , because this is only theory For weak ones :)

and that is not my words

Last edited:
remoooooooooooooooooooved

Last edited:
The core of the thing with these boss spawn is the exact same spawning point each time and spawning as an extra mob to existing ones/dot on radar.

To this you'll find a few solutions to avoid camping and give grinder a chance.
  1. Either reduce drop rate from bosses and increase those from regular breeds.
  2. Do not let the boss spawn when all other member of the same brood are already spawned AND do not make the boss spawn as an extra mob to the current existing mobs, which means it would replace a regular brood mob on spawning.
  3. Never have these boss spawning at the same coord/position ever and again do not make it spawn as an extra mob to existing ones + no extra dots on radar.

you can also consider having a blurred radar, you'd have the afk'ing reduced to almost null..

These are to me the most valuable solutions against "advanced" afk'ers and to return fairness to grinders.

The core of the thing with these boss spawn is the exact same spawning point each time and spawning as an extra mob to existing ones/dot on radar.

To this you'll find a few solutions to avoid camping and give grinder a chance.
  1. Either reduce drop rate from bosses and increase those from regular breeds.
  2. Do not let the boss spawn when all other member of the same brood are already spawned AND do not make the boss spawn as an extra mob to the current existing mobs, which means it would replace a regular brood mob on spawning.
  3. Never have these boss spawning at the same coord/position ever and again do not make it spawn as an extra mob to existing ones + no extra dots on radar.

you can also consider having a blurred radar, you'd have the afk'ing reduced to almost null..

These are to me the most valuable solutions against "advanced" afk'ers and to return fairness to grinders.

AND you forgot to mention that you are the most AFKER in the cave :D

And the real situtation , if you so angry that not see a truth , that mindarks made specially new spawn system for this bosses, because they are underground, and they all is not moving , but there was made because mobs cannot go to the wall, there is extra mob allways spawn after server sestart in bell room.

And main thing what you missed is 0 Mindark gives away 1 EXTRA PED from boss, and nothing else. You all figured out "markup" for it.

Same as you say, molisk tooth is verry rare, kas huge mu % and need to be done that you fisrt need to sweat molisk and then kill if you want to get a bone :)

Akon your anger does not see real truth :) and your doubleface actions do harm to you :)

i would say if bone was 200 ped tt and it all dropped from boss , i would say ma need to think how to get it, but now 5 people in cave waiting 4 days to get 1ped. And you think it is wrong because you cannot join that 5 team :)) pathetic

Last edited:
AND you forgot to mention that you are the most AFKER in the cave :D

And the real situtation , if you so angry that not see a truth , that mindarks made specially new spawn system for this bosses, because they are underground, and they all is not moving , but there was made because mobs cannot go to the wall, there is extra mob allways spawn after server sestart in bell room.

And main thing what you missed is 0 Mindark gives away 1 EXTRA PED from boss, and nothing else. You all figured out "markup" for it.

Same as you say, molisk tooth is verry rare, kas huge mu % and need to be done that you fisrt need to sweat molisk and then kill if you want to get a bone :)

Akon your anger does not see real truth :) and your doubleface actions do harm to you :)

i would say if bone was 200 ped tt and it all dropped from boss , i would say ma need to think how to get it, but now 5 people in cave waiting 4 days to get 1ped. And you think it is wrong because you cannot join that 5 team :)) pathetic

Always fun to read your analyses :dunce: Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

5k aurli mission required to enter the hive, i forgot to mention

Where is the mission NPC, I cannot find him on CP?
Not that I want to do the mission but a friend last night and myself we were looking for it

Where is the mission NPC, I cannot find him on CP?
Not that I want to do the mission but a friend last night and myself we were looking for it

You will find the NPC for the aurli mission chain near the auctionners
4 stages are needed to access the hive: 100 kills, 500kills 1000kills then 5000kills.

You will find the NPC for the aurli mission chain near the auctionners
4 stages are needed to access the hive: 100 kills, 500kills 1000kills then 5000kills.

Thanks, gosh don't recall even seeing the auctoneer, guess I need to travel around a bit over there know there is a downstairs and a side door on top or two. :)

To Kim:

Stryker,

I do understand what you mean about discovering and figuring out aspects of the game and that some things require figuring things out. This I agree with completely.

I do respect your constructive critique and as always you never steer me the wrong way with advice and I appreciate your mentorship. Please do understand that mentioning your name wasn't an attack on you. I was just using it as the example for the time period because your widely known. My fault for putting a name where one wasn't required.

I will try to stay more to the heart of subject when I post. I know I tend to rant and place probably a much longer list of support evidence or examples than needed.

So yes to sum it up... The system is fucked up.

What I wanna see is that which will help EU grow, not alienate players and surely not turn hard core grinders into afk zombies that wait to hit the Sand King, Aurli Bosses etc.

For the record. I do wanna say I don't think that Stryker abused the system and if my statement came off that way I appoligize.

As for groups that wanna run the whole area or make it impossible for others. Give people a break once in a while, enough people get overly pissed they just stop playing which doesn't help any of us.

LB

For the record. I do wanna say I don't think that Stryker abused the system and if my statement came off that way I appoligize.

LB

Are you afraid of stryker bro? his the 1st one to do it I grind the shit out of there with no luck and he just pops out bam a bone so I stop hunting them.

Bohoo for not understanding the reason of the OP to appear.. maybe you hsould reduce the droprate by 1000% so they can sell their stack of bones for 2k ped/piece....

To Kim:

Pls Kim, check how many of the top 100 all time hunters are still grinding like they where 2 years ago.
Realize & admit to yourself you have a large part to play in this..
Only after you did this you can make the system somewhat 'fair' again & keep ppl intrested in investing a few 10k$..
As it stands for me atm.. waiting for my withdrawal to be completed, if my 70% return after mu doesn't improve A LOT by then, expect me to sell more & do another one till i need to sell the gear I actually need to hunt.. once I start to sell that, there's no turning back for me...

& no, I don't hate the players, DO hate the game atm.. (or atleast the idiot who wrote the loot formula) & looking at this thread... saying PP devs have no control is just being NAIVE

knowing who read this, I guess ignorance is bliss?

really?

Are you afraid of stryker bro? his the 1st one to do it I grind the shit out of there with no luck and he just pops out bam a bone so I stop hunting them.

really u ask that? its a game dude, what is there to be afraid of. and no he was not the first maybe about the 5th but was the most noticeable.

I wrote the second statement because I didn't want what I said misinterpreted which apparently it was.

You may find few people here that will admit when they do something that causes a different effect or is taken with a different meaning and try to set the record straight. I do that.

LB

Working on this right now, what would you think of a chat message when a boss is spawned, and should it be displayed for everyone in the whole dungeon or just for those in that particular room?

Kim

Working on this right now, what would you think of a chat message when a boss is spawned, and should it be displayed for everyone in the whole dungeon or just for those in that particular room?

Kim

The roar for the big uber boss is enough I would say. Let the smaller bosses spawn ninja style!

Looking forward to the new mechanism :)

/Slupor

Kim

Why not just add to normal mobs and add sometime different for boss or drop sometime in loot kinda like making DNA and spawn boss by combining thinks :)

That way people need to hunt and loot the parts to spawn the boss is just mine roughs

lest say maybe 5 parts to spawn the boss each mobs should drop the parts for there boss like if you wanna spawn dotty hunt only dotty and if the wanna spawn bell hunt only bell loot the parts and combine to spawn Boss :p evil mind hihi

Kim

When I first got in the cave, I hunted and hunted and hunted, and every time a mob spawned, I would always hope that "this is the one!" But no...turns out they had a special spawn location.

Just have the boss spawn in a regular mobs place so at first glance at radar it doesn't draw any attention. Only if you're in the cave or at least take the time to go in and check, will you see the boss.

They will have randomized spawn locations so you wont be able to see that a boss has spawned just by looking at the radar.

Reduce the drop rate of bones from bosses and increase the drop rate of bones on all cave mobs.

Think that is the only way to make ppl hunting instead of waiting... (infact the chat msg will help a lot the ones waiting)

The only boss I found there gave me a 3 ped of tt food, while others got 2 bones per boss. Why not spread the bones for all the mobs in there?

Kim

Maybe you can send an email 1 hour upfront to those who are up there but offline.. this way they don't even need to waste bandwith :laugh:

Back