Suggestion: change PVP to the 10% fort rules

The hub on planet cyrene has like 10-20% lower decay too, only difference is that you can't use your own gear (only hub's one) which i believe makes it fair for all and is purely based by real skill not your ped card. Yet the hub is pretty much abandoned. So why hasn't it worked out for them?

What makes you think your idea will work out for Calypso?
Ubers are the ones who spend most in pvp so this will mostly benefit them, the medium level player & n00bs still won't have a chance to beat the ubers, since the uber will not give up as easily since it costs less to participate in PvP. Sneaky tactics like mob training the rig will not work anymore, and that's pretty much the only chance a medium level/n00b has to get by the ubers to pick up the oil.

As for the fort/landgrab won't be a problem, since then more ppl would be willing to participate if it costs less.

As for pvp4, nope. We need less pkers there not more.

Removed, after nearly 10 years this didn't go anywhere.

Last edited:
If the The Hub was on Calypso, I am sure it would be a big success.

the epic space fuckup haunts us :D I also think that is the reason why the hub isn't used much. That is a place that is fun for casual pvp duels and battles but since cyrene itself is abandoned due to space people won't cope with all the hassle of gettimg there just for some small fights.

For the topic, I think this is a great idea :)

the epic space fuckup haunts us :D I also think that is the reason why the hub isn't used much. That is a place that is fun for casual pvp duels and battles but since cyrene itself is abandoned due to space people won't cope with all the hassle of gettimg there just for some small fights.

For the topic, I think this is a great idea :)

Thanks for the reply minim and the support. Yup, its a shame the space travel system means good ideas from other planets don't amount to financial success (in every case). Personally the change wont benefit me financially at all. I am a freelancer. But I think for middle level pkers, it will benefit all of us, we can participate, have fun, lose, and not care so much about what we lose. Win win for everyone.

nope I want to keep it AT full DECAY

no change thanks ...

oh and the REASON??? if you must know

SO THERE IS A PVP GEAR MARKET STILL

DUH

Removed, after nearly 10 years this didn't go anywhere.

Last edited:
if something like that would happen i would join pvp for some fun for sure... in all my previous mmo's i've spent only that big amount of time, because the late game consists of 50 % pvp. its a great gamepart, which i -and for sure many more- sadly not willing to join, as my overall-avatar progress would suffer from huge costs.... for, as stated, such a small timeframe...

so yes, i agree with you in almost all issues. :)

if something like that would happen i would join pvp for some fun for sure... in all my previous mmo's i've spent only that big amount of time, because the late game consists of 50 % pvp. its a great gamepart, which i -and for sure many more- sadly not willing to join, as my overall-avatar progress would suffer from huge costs.... for, as stated, such a small timeframe...

so yes, i agree with you in almost all issues. :)

Thanks for your input. I always assumed there was many players, such as yourself, who would love to get involved in pvp but are put-off by the lack of value for money. I am glad you have validated my assumption :).

http://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-people-are-psychopaths-sociopaths

I think Mindark should be careful to look after the 97% majority of its playerbase.

If you want a psychopath game, Eve Online is as close to it as I've ever seen in MMO form, and even then, over 90% of them arent overly interested in PVP either.

Well, I didn't create the current PVP zones, Mindark did; so maybe accuse them of creating a psychopath game. This was about balancing the costs of PVP activity to be similar to other ingame systems.

Well, I didn't create the current PVP zones, Mindark did; so maybe accuse them of creating a psychopath game. This was about balancing the costs of PVP activity to be similar to other ingame systems.

Yeah I understand, and perhaps I should have just not commented, but perhaps the lack of response to your original thread is only 3% care about PVP.

And Mindark creating PVP3, PVP4, forts, everything outside of LA on Amerthera and almost all space isn't going to change it.

Most humans are co-operative tribe animals, I think it was in our original DNA - we helped each other take down the sabre tooth tigers. The one's that went off on their own to take them out, got eaten pretty quick.

Back ontopic, yeah by all means lower the cost for those that enjoy PVP.

Wont affect me one way or the other. :xwink:

I've always felt the pvp in entropia from a mechanics pov is a bit gimped.

I'd like to duck,go prone,lean from cover,get head shots for extra dmg etc..

Hell I haven't even sat down in about 6yrs :ahh:

Aussie ping times where never much fun in the past either though I'm told this doesnt matter as much these days.

Pvp for me -as it is now- is something that I might do when I want to throw discipline and my budget to the wind.
Its fun to say "ahh screw the spreadsheet,I'ma go have some fun".
From talking to other players I know I'm not alone in this thinking.
Reducing the costs would certainly change that mentality for me.

The HUB idea actually sounds like a bit of fun.

Last edited:
I do not like any connection between "pvp" and "lootable" in this game and treat it as obstacle (so space + pvp3/4). I have nothing against regular pvp fights for fun or other form of profit (i still dont participate but they are not obstacle to me).

As i do not go into pvp4 anymore because removing vehs there make it "slow mining" - it would not affect me directly but...

with lower costs there i am sure you would see one dominating soc taking over whole pvp4 area and just close it to mine for pyrite. This would lead straight to set prices on pyrite leading to set prices on damge enhancers.

And this leads to conclusion: it would afect my gameplay indirectly and i would have little to no chances to prevent it.

There is already enough mechanics that (probably) alow to control amounts of pyrite ingame (even though MA denied it) - this is bad so lets not make it worse.

Either:
- make pyrite spawning not only in pvp4 but in few normal places (also mayby on other planets too) and turn he "choose 10%" option as you sugested.
OR
- add this "choose 10%" option but make it not working in pvp3 and pvp4 (and pvp lootable zones on other planets). So only fort, rigs and other form of pvp fun would be cheaper.
@edit:
OR
- also reduce the cost of dying in pvp lootables too. So miner looses only 10% of its stackables ;) (and toxic costs 0.50ped now).
This last one idea i added seems like best i think ;). Would increase both pk and miner activity in pvp lootbale zones ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Back