Special Edition Quad-Wing Interceptors

Says you :wise:

I know some of you want more than anything for MA to fail here

...just dont lash out at other players.

It's not about MA failing it's about the fact a high number of players in these threads feel the start bid is to high. If they sell for 100kped after a bidding war then that's fair enough. What players were hoping for was for MA make the start bid more accessible to all players. Buy bidding 51kped Sara has now prevented any chance of there being a re - think on the value of these Quads by MA. When Stagger was trying to get 30000ped for his quad we all took the piss and no one bought it.
I will watch with great interest to who values these at 50kped.

It's not about MA failing it's about the fact a high number of players in these threads feel the start bid is to high. If they sell for 100kped after a bidding war then that's fair enough. What players were hoping for was for MA make the start bid more accessible to all players. Buy bidding 51kped Sara has now prevented any chance of there being a re - think on the value of these Quads by MA. When Stagger was trying to get 30000ped for his quad we all took the piss and no one bought it.
I will watch with great interest to who values these at 50kped.

The same quantity of people feel that the price of everything is too high and its been that way since day one.

If MA had made the start bid more accessible to all players, what would have happened is that people like me would have bought up 5-10 of them and then resold them each for double or triple. Its happened with everything that MA has ever auctioned with a 1 PED start bid. Why should MA give that ped to resellers? They shoudnt... There is plenty of other things that can be bought and sold and there is no reason for MA to leave any meat on the bone for resellers with Quad Equus, or any of their other big sales.

The exact scenario that I described above is exactly what happened the first time MA auctioned off hangars all those years ago,

UFOs you mean? They would never were made 4-seaters if they were real spaceships.

Yes the UFO's, thanks for the correction. Still using them is space makes more sense, I mean what are ufo's meant for anyways, LOL.

From the thread about price:

No.

You don′t want a pirate to have the chance to obtain one of these for a reasonable price. :wise:

Poll unfortunately does not provide for this answer. :dunno:

It's an excellent point. Can you imagine the majority of these in pirate hands?

That would be the end, for all of you, of taking Quad and Sleipnirs from planet to planet. That would also be the end for every Mothership and Privateer with medium to low Structural Integrity.

With a price of 50k, it's unlikely that more then a few will end up in the hands of pirates.

These quads are useless for pirates, because they have weight restrictions. No chance to escape with the dung loot (+100 kg) and lower speed can't help in pirate activty.

These quads are useless for pirates, because they have weight restrictions. No chance to escape with the dung loot (+100 kg) and lower speed can't help in pirate activty.

All you need is a backupship - like a privateer warp in and kill the pirate in the equus to get the loot to a safer place - pirates these days dont work alone...
Use the equus to intercept - use other ships for the cargo or the main attack.

Where is Rick England telling us that this is to pricey that's the big question I'm having here.

From the thread about price:

It's an excellent point. Can you imagine the majority of these in pirate hands?

That would be the end, for all of you, of taking Quad and Sleipnirs from planet to planet. That would also be the end for every Mothership and Privateer with medium to low Structural Integrity.

With a price of 50k, it's unlikely that more then a few will end up in the hands of pirates.

How/Why would pirates having a Ferrari-Quad be the end of "all" of us taking regular Quads and Sleipnirs from planet to planet exactly? I travel from planet to planet frequently in my L Quad. I get shot down every now and then, only to add to the pirates dung collection. Why would the threat of being shot down by a pirate with one of the new Ferrari Quads stop me from flying myself around? It seems that after they shoot me down and realize I don't have any stackables after repairing myself, they leave me alone. I just tip my hat and go on my merry way.

All you need is a backupship - like a privateer warp in and kill the pirate in the equus to get the loot to a safer place - pirates these days dont work alone...
Use the equus to intercept - use other ships for the cargo or the main attack.

Of course, 100K (MS) + 60K (Privateer) + 2x50K (Quads for attack) = 260K (great pirate squad!). I think better to buy dome on FOMA. It will pay off. I doubt that the spacecrafts will be able to pay off for 50 years.

Pirate activity don't prevents me to fly in space in my Quad. Аnother once (10-50) pirates does not mean anything for me.

And anyway, it's time to add the capsule for PvP anywhere. Ate the capsule and can kill everywhere, including in safe places. While not killed - all the loot from players is yours. :laugh: Judging from the mob capsules , not much time left to wait
I note that if MA introduce something like that - I'll sell everything and withdraw all the money :)

Last edited:
How/Why would pirates having a Ferrari-Quad be the end of "all" of us taking regular Quads and Sleipnirs from planet to planet exactly? I travel from planet to planet frequently in my L Quad. I get shot down every now and then, only to add to the pirates dung collection. Why would the threat of being shot down by a pirate with one of the new Ferrari Quads stop me from flying myself around? It seems that after they shoot me down and realize I don't have any stackables after repairing myself, they leave me alone. I just tip my hat and go on my merry way.

Pirates aren't stupid and their initial goal isn't to get on the hof board but to get loot, from my own experience with (mick jagger) i can tell the first kill is always to find out if i had any loot after a repair i never experienced being shot down again, it costs them ped to kill us, so i also disagree with the statement that these quads in pirate hands will be the end of us.

The scary thing for future owners can happen then, if MA will introduce the same Quad's (L) with the little worse characteristics of these, and with the ability to warp jump and NanoWarp (L). Sleep in peace, future buyers of elite quads! EU is dynamic! :laugh:

Well we aren't even sure yet if Nanowarp can be attached to an L Quad and allows it to warp aswell. As far as I can tell, Nanowarp is what allows it the ship to warp unless it is restricted only allowed to be to attached to the Equus. It is looking like Nanowarp L will be popping out sometime in the future and Equus just has the stats to show for it and of course early advantage to own/use such feature can be beneficial.

...and of course early advantage to own/use such feature can be beneficial.
... but not for $5000 ;)

I can offer $500 :)

Well we aren't even sure yet if Nanowarp can be attached to an L Quad and allows it to warp aswell. As far as I can tell, Nanowarp is what allows it the ship to warp unless it is restricted only allowed to be to attached to the Equus. It is looking like Nanowarp L will be popping out sometime in the future and Equus just has the stats to show for it and of course early advantage to own/use such feature can be beneficial.

That's almost 100% sure seeing how they released the current one, NanoWarp I, first in line, more to come. :)

That's almost 100% sure seeing how they released the current one, NanoWarp I, first in line, more to come. :)

Regular quads dont have warp attachment slot while equus have. You can see it ingame if you look at the stats.

Regular quads dont have warp attachment slot while equus have. You can see it ingame if you look at the stats.

Sorry should have put some more info, yeah that reply wasn't meant for the warp attachment working on limited quads but on being the first in line of the production of warps. NanoWarp I is how they released it. :)

ps. in bertha's post it already says this current warp drive (NanoWarp I) is made for the equus only.

Also note that they are special edition, but MA not promised, that they will be unique :)

Of course, 100K (MS) + 60K (Privateer) + 2x50K (Quads for attack) = 260K (great pirate squad!). I think better to buy dome on FOMA. It will pay off. I doubt that the spacecrafts will be able to pay off for 50 years.

Pirate activity don't prevents me to fly in space in my Quad. Аnother once (10-50) pirates does not mean anything for me.

And anyway, it's time to add the capsule for PvP anywhere. Ate the capsule and can kill everywhere, including in safe places. While not killed - all the loot from players is yours. :laugh: Judging from the mob capsules , not much time left to wait
I note that if MA introduce something like that - I'll sell everything and withdraw all the money :)

You might have to do some research on space, before assuming a dome on foma could be a better option - of course it always depends on the player and the time/effort he/she puts into things or is willing to put in things.

Just to give you an rough estimate on piracy though - the total amount of loot obtained from other players in space over the last 3 and a half years is higher then the costs you listed above.
And the total amount of peds cycled through transport services in the same timeframe is even higher.

Also note that they are special edition, but MA not promised, that they will be unique :)

As far as i know there a 2 unique items in game so what you say can apply to all other items in game still people did buy imk2's mm's and modfaps

John B Knight,
I understand your train of thought, catching up with the victim on the Equus, warp scrambling (does not exist in EU, set team target I think in this case :)), put cynosural field (set WP), Privateer jumps on cynosural (WP) - robbing. But this is heavy scheme for me and too much chances to find a empty victim.

John B Knight,
I understand your train of thought, catching up with the victim on the Equus, warp scrambling (does not exist in EU, set team target I think in this case :)), put cynosural field (set WP), Privateer jumps on cynosural (WP) - robbing.

Warp scrambling is easy in eu, you just have to hit the ship preparing to warp once with your gun and back out of shooting range again.
Warping can be very accurate if planned and performed correctly, i have personally managed to intentionally bump other ships by warping on their exact location.

Yes there is warp mines for warpgate points but they cost effectively more and are less reliable as you have to make assumptions on the skills and warp drives as well as warp routes of your desired prey.

So, I fly only with the finished product (without stackables). You will be infinitely kill me? What's the point? And a lot people like me. Several stackables I need from Caly I can easy buy and transfer for 2 PED. Its cheaper than 2+7+2 PED (for the ride). All other what I need, I can find or buy on Ark.

So, I fly only with the finished product (without stackables). You will be infinitely kill me? What's the point? And a lot people like me.

Transport missions are about to get introduced, they will most likely be aquired from the spacestations and if mindark doesnt implement a cargoflag for them every ship that leaves a spacestation could theoretically have cargo onboard even if already shot down a dozend times.
We will see how this plays out, alot depends on how mindark is balancing this.

There is one other thing to consider, currently for example my ship the Normandie can not be killed even if noone is onboard without spending close to 200ped (and if people are onboard it can easily cost an attacker several thousand to succeed) - if mindark plans in having players fight over cargo missions there is only two options they can consider they either have to increase mission rewards, which means less missions overall or they have to drop ammo costs in space pvp which might be the more likely scenario.

If they drop ammo costs like for example planetside in fort events, then alot more people will get shot down for alot less peds then before.

The equus quads are just a start for the changes to come, how far those changes go/have to go we soon will see.

Last edited:
And JBK in your statement lies a huge problem. Even if you carry nothing you will be shot down over and over and over and over and over and over......... because you can always get a container and always have possibility your are pray for everyone else.

Space already sucks ass for those that just want to go to another planet and are not carrying anything and being shot down. This will make that stupid ass frustration even worse while not carrying anything.

Not everyone has 25 hours in a day to attempt to fly in space some have hour here and there or couple hours in evening or something.

Also the flag system in space it total crap, never liked it and never will. It seems like your walking around with a big kick me hard sign on you, makes a person feel like a total bullseye for anyone and being a RCE with PVP lootable you should be more incognito not more hey look at me I have this flag shot me shot me I love being shot and my shit stolen by someone I have no idea or am friends with and does not help develop or make playing the game enjoyable.

Transport missions are about to get introduced, they will most likely be aquired from the spacestations and if mindark doesnt implement a cargoflag for them every ship that leaves a spacestation could theoretically have cargo onboard even if already shot down a dozend times.

They will implement a Scanner (L) tied to your scanning skills which you can use to check other ships´ cargo bay...

And nobody ever noticed thal almost every UnL item got first an L sucessor, then a better UnL version and then again an L and... you get the point.

Those quads will be “great“ :lol: for max. 1.5 year.

It seems that the first one has been sold. can the new owner post stats on the nanowarp I? Please :)

Back